• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Don’t we also have to take into account the volume of passing situations now compared to then? I mean, 30 passes in a game during Manley’s era was a lot. Today it’s probably below average. More passing downs, more opportunity for sacks.

Yeah. This. It is really hard to compare eras in the NFL with all the changes to rules. Unlike baseball where maintaining tradition seems to be important, sometimes to the point of being a detriment to the game, the NFL seems to have no sacred cows. If a change to the rules will make the game more exciting for the fans, then, by all means, let's do the thing. Player safety seems to be the only exception to that but even that has been driven by money, either in the form of trying to duck lawsuits or as part of a larger design to protect the investments made by teams in the QB position.

In the end, it is probably good for the game in terms of fan engagement, both in terms of modern-day excitement and in terms of fan discussions just like this. If the comparison were easy, I doubt we would spend as much time talking about Manley vs Kerrigan and where they rank in team history.

Ryan Kerrigan nfc defensive player of the week.

serious question: If I am decked out in Redskins gear, are they going to not use it?

That is going to be a HUGE issue if that is the case.

1600970970935.png

This is the example so I'm ASSUMING they only use your face and put it on body similar to this one.

PHOTO GUIDELINES
No third-party branding, including on apparel and in photo backgrounds. No attire or other branding of NFL clubs or sports teams other than the Washington Football Team.

Assume this is going to rule out Redskins gear...

No arms raised in photos. No hats on in photos.

except your example has a hat on.... and this would also prevent you from sneaking in a Redskins logo on a hat...

Looks like the 2 individual games are $49 each, while 'Gold Members' can get a package for the 'whole season' for $149

Where is the salute to Native American causes?

I guess that all ended when the name changed.

I didn’t care if they supported Native American causes when they were the Redskins and I could care even less now.

how many people actually own WFT gear?

You're gonna ask 80K fans to buy a cardboard cutout and wear....?

It aint gonna happen.

Thats why I figure they only use your head and put you on a cardboard body with the gear on it.
I get why they're doing it. It's to get you to buy merch and spend money on them.

I'm cool on that. Nothing against those who want to, but I'm not one of them.

Although I do like WFT over redtails or redwolves.

Exactly. I can go to a local shop and get a big head print of me for less. And I don't want a big head print of me.

I do know of a few people on twitter who will have prints of themselves for these games. The usual suspects. Good for them. That $150 can be used for gas in the 4Runner. And eats/snacks during the games.

The thing is, they should have Chief Zee and the Hogettes along with other famous fans. But they won’t do that as it acknowledges the history of the Redskins. But what a better way to honor the fans than to put well known, historical fans as the cutouts. It’s a sad day we live in.

To be fair this is all for charitable donations. I dont beleive that the team gets that $50... maybe a portion

I didn’t care if they supported Native American causes when they were the Redskins and I could care even less now.
Right...because Dan Snyder can act like he cared about the Native community while trying to hold onto the name, but once he bows to the mob like a pussy...all of a sudden they mean nothing.

Kinda shows you the character of the leader of the team you cheer for.

I hate Snyder. It was always pandering and fake altruism to try and keep the name. But now that we aren't named after Native Americans, there's no logical reason for a football team to provide charity for them.

I hate Snyder. It was always pandering and fake altruism to try and keep the name. But now that we aren't named after Native Americans, there's no logical reason for a football team to provide charity for them.
Nope...just lip service all those years. Now would be the perfect time to offer something to those communities, especially if he is "remorseful" about the name...like he suggests he is, like all the hypocrites in the front office.

To be honest, I hope this whole organization crumbles in on itself.

I am not going to go out in some blaze of glory around here, but I am done...I tried, but to watch you guys go on as if nothing happened is rather disheartening.

Hail to the REDSKINS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.