• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I would rather pay Young than have given big extensions to Dunbar and Scherff.

That salary cap next year is going down and teams are really going to have to put the brakes on escalating salaries.

NFL players are going to wake up and find there is ‘adversity’for them as a result of COVID 19, just like everyone else.

I have no problem with the young man getting paid - I was just shocked by the numbers based on previous rookie salaries.

We haven’t picked this high in awhile.

Funny isn’t it?

The team up until 2019 was doing just enough to ensure they didn’t have access to the premium players in the draft.

The team is in very good shape for the cap next year (even if it drops by $70M) and they are going to be able to steal some very good free agents from teams that will need to purge big time.

Lol... that's probably exactly why that number looked so eye-popping to me :)

Cowboys and Rams are out of cap room right now. These teams have one more year before it all comes down.

Whatever happened to rookie salary restrictions??? Anyone know if this is reliable?

In 2006 Mario Williams was picked no. 1 overall and his contract was worth $54 million... The cap that year was in the mid 90s. The cap this year is $195 mil. Mario Williams was $9mil apy but it was roughly 11% of the cap. Young is roughly 4.5%

The scale is still there but it goes up with the cap.

My gut feeling is we hit a home run with Young and he will be the face of the franchise going forward.

I think folks that criticized the pick and thought we should have moved down to take Simmons and get an extra pick will look foolish.

Reactions: Om
with Kerrigan mentoring him, he can't lose unless he specifically tries to.

My gut feeling is we hit a home run with Young and he will be the face of the franchise going forward.

I think folks that criticized the pick and thought we should have moved down to take Simmons and get an extra pick will look foolish.

I have to disagree, as I was one of those people saying that we at least have to consider it. I don't think it was truly ever going to happen because I don't think anyone would have given us enough to make it worth it... but if the offer was on the table I think we should have taken it. That's not a knock on Young, but more of me looking at the landscape of the NFL and, within my own opinion, seeing that a combination of Simmons plus picks could be as valuable as Young in the long term. If we could move back and add 2 more first round picks, I hope we at least looked at it. Simmons has the physical tools and APPEARS to have the mental ability to change the OLB position. Versatility is at an all time high, and mismatches are the name of the game in the NFL. Simmons has the size to cover Kittle, the speed to cover Barkley, the strength to take on Zeke in the hole, and the combination of all that allows him to play any position on the field other than DT.... To add a piece like that AND potentially add pieces like Justin Jefferson, Kenneth Murray, Isaiah Wilson, or Patrick Queen still has a level of intrigue to me.

I'm happy we got Young, it was the right pick.... please don't take any of this as negativity... but there are a lot of things that need to go wrong before I'm willing to say that opinion makes me look foolish...

"The Washington Football Team"

absolutely ridiculous. They're the Redskins as far as I'm concerned.

Well, to be truthfulI didn’t think we were ever offered TWO first round picks in addition to trade down.

What I was hearing was another higher pick and a mid rounder.

Seeing that only 30% of fourth rounders make the grade in the NFL that really comes down to two for one in re blue chip talent.

If Young is a 15 sack guy that can dominate the LOS then he’s one of only a handful of these guys in the NFL.

Plus at his size they can move him around as well based on down and distance.

But I agree that if it were TWO #1 picks in addition that makes it a different process of deliberation.

Well, to be truthfulI didn’t think we were ever offered TWO first round picks in addition to trade down.

What I was hearing was another higher pick and a mid rounder.

Seeing that only 30% of fourth rounders make the grade in the NFL that really comes down to two for one in re blue chip talent.

If Young is a 15 sack guy that can dominate the LOS then he’s one of only a handful of these guys in the NFL.

Plus at his size they can move him around as well based on down and distance.

But I agree that if it were TWO #1 picks in addition that makes it a different process of deliberation.

I dont think anyone was realistically saying no. 2 overall was worth 2 firsts and a fourth. The biggest suggestion I was seeing was it was going to take Miami giving us 2 additional firsts, either both this year or 1 this year and 1 next year, but the numbers I remember seeing to make it worth it was always 3 first round picks total for the no. 2 overall pick.

Lucky ass Dolphins got their man for no additional consideration.

I wonder if we would have gotten Griffin at #7 if we had remained patient

Apparently this is going to be the name for the upcoming year. If so, this name is so ridiculous that I will stay onboard.

RUMOR is that Dan brings the Redskins back next year after all this BS dies down. while I hope that is true, I doubt it.

From a WP article.... " Louis Gray, a member of the Osage Nation and former president of Tulsa Indian Coalition Against Racism. He believes the franchise is “extending the name purposefully” because, until the team re-brands, fans will wear their old gear and support a name the team itself has acknowledged as offensive. " Kind of cracks me up actually. I'm guessing there's more people who will wear their old gear no matter what the name for a number of years to come.

The NBA has black lives matter on their courts
MLB is allowing players to kneel
NFL is allowing stickers on helmets of victims of social injustice and BLM

I used to be able to escape the real world problems for a few hours a day to watch sports. Now I cant even do that. It is just a constant PC fest and, even if I agree, it is so much it becomes annoying. One more reason why I am over professional sports.

I mean, Lebron James talking shit on the name change? That dude? Seriously? He is about the biggest little bitch in any sport and just a constant whiny little kid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.