• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The common denominator in those two games? Cousin Kirk going ADERRRRRRRRPPP in both those games.

Yep, it was the same against Dallas, and Alex broke that negative streak with a win.
So I got a feelin Alex can break it against NY too.
And yes, I'm aware Alex didn't single-handedly win the Dallas game, but he didn't lose it either, like other Redskin QB's.

I can totally see the Redskins losing to the Giants this week. By all rights we should win this one by three TDs going away. But the Redskins love to **** the bed against these guys. When was the last time we even SCORED three TDs against them? The third week of 2016? The Giants have had one winning season in the past six years (and that year we got to play their backups the last week of the season) and we've gone 3-9 against them. At this point, any win against them is a good win.

As far as Alex Smith goes, he isn't going to win games for us. He's not the kind of guy that's going to make something from nothing. And the Redskins really have nothing at WR right now. We've got Jordan Reed and ... that's about it. Honestly, I don't know what else a coach WOULD expect when signing a 34-year old journeyman QB to a new team that has no WRs whatsoever. Of course there are going to be some big bumps in that road. He'll get the hang of the offense and be better as time goes on. In the meantime, at least he's not turning the ball over. Our turnover differential is winning us games right now, so ... there is that.

We should beat the Giants by 3 TDs? Would you be happy with 3 points? Vegas has us as 1 point favorites. And although their record isn't good, they've played very close games.

They lost to the Falcons by 3, Panthers by 2 and Jags by 5.

It's not like they're getting blown out every week. I hope the players aren't expecting them to just give up easily.

I would be happy with one point. Just one point.

Just win.

But let's not make excuses for the Redskins before they even play. We are the better team. On paper we should win this game going away.

No excuses.

But the Falcons, Jags, Texans and Panthers are also very good teams. And the Giants kept it close, holding all of those teams within 2 to 5 points. So a blowout might be unrealistic.

Now if we were playing the Raiders.....different story.

We should beat the Giants by 3 TDs? Would you be happy with 3 points? Vegas has us as 1 point favorites. And although their record isn't good, they've played very close games.

They lost to the Falcons by 3, Panthers by 2 and Jags by 5.

It's not like they're getting blown out every week. I hope the players aren't expecting them to just give up easily.

The other thing that's concerning is how they were down by 2 TD's against the Falcons with 5 minutes left, and they were able to score 14 points in those last 5 minutes...
And what's been the Redskin notorious weaknesses ?
The 2nd half offense sputters, and 2nd half defense weakens in the final minutes. We basically have trouble securing/keeping a lead, and keeping a dead team down.

No excuses.

But the Falcons, Jags, Texans and Panthers are also very good teams. And the Giants kept it close, holding all of those teams within 2 to 5 points. So a blowout might be unrealistic.

Ha, I think Jon knows his brother better than any of our division rival coaches do, so regardless of talent, a Raiders-Redskin game is probably a close one.

No excuses.

I'm not saying I expect a blowout. I think it's about 50/50 we lose this game, actually.

That said, I think the wheels are just about to come off in NY. With the way things go around here that will happen NEXT week. :)

The Giants have played most of their games close. They are not the same team as the Cardinals who never seemed to get going this season.

That said, the key is to get ahead and force Eli Manning to face pressure. He is the clear weakness of their team right now.

With Barkley, Beckham and Sterling Shepard if the Giants had Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers they might be 5-1.

Was out of the country this past week and couldn't watch game. Got to see some highlights. How was our overall pressure against Dallas?

Was out of the country this past week and couldn't watch game. Got to see some highlights. How was our overall pressure against Dallas?

Pressure against Elliott was huge. Reason we won.
Pressure against Prescott was very good. Got some sacks. Got in his face a lot.
Containment was not so good. Prescott got loose for some good runs that kept it close...That kept it close, plus a passing game that was way off.

Jay's playcalling is getting better, slowly but surely. With the announced firesale for the gnats, the skins should take them to the woodshed for a beat down. Then declare prima nocta

Some good news:

@CraigHoffman
2m
2 minutes ago

More
#Redskins Friday Practice:

Richardson, Thompson, Brown, Moreau and the OL are all in.

Crowder is not here. Dunbar is on the rehab field.

Some good news:

@CraigHoffman
2m
2 minutes ago

More
#Redskins Friday Practice:

Richardson, Thompson, Brown, Moreau and the OL are all in.

Crowder is not here. Dunbar is on the rehab field.

Great !!!
Maybe NOW the protesters will stop demanding that we change the team name...from the Redskins...to the Hot Tubbers.

DJax is apparently asking to be traded.
Buccs are said to be resisting....

Any interest folks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be very surprised if a team gives more than a 7th rounder for a guy who is at the very end of his career. Both Desean and Pierre are playing in their 11th season. Jackson has over 10,000 yds receiving. That's impressive, but that also represents a lot of water under the bridge. His durability is questionable too (he has missed 4 games per season on average the past 3 years).

Love the guy but we shouldn't give up a pick to get him imho.

I would be very surprised if a team gives more than a 7th rounder for a guy who is at the very end of his career. Both Desean and Pierre are playing in their 11th season. Jackson has over 10,000 yds receiving. That's impressive, but that also represents a lot of water under the bridge. His durability is questionable too (he has missed 4 games per season on average the past 3 years).

Love the guy but we shouldn't give up a pick to get him imho.

I'd take him for a ham sammich, and a glass of strawberry milk.

Alex Smith is still short of the Mendoza line. Only 178 passing yards. Average of 5.6 yards per pass.

The latter is less than Peterson's per carry average of 5.7.

I just don't get why this team with a good OL and a consistently productive back can't take advantage of that to make plays in the passing game.

Doctson and Reed averaged less than 10 yards per reception.

That's on Smith and on Gruden.

The problem this team is going to have is when they start off future games working from a deficit.

Imagine being down 0-14 to the Eagles.

Scoring ONE offensive TD per game through the air at most is not at all reassuring.

We gave Richardson $40M and traded pick and player for Smith and it seems Peterson is saving the season for this club as an after-thought signing.

Smith to me looks a lot like Mark Brunell, another older vet we acquired for a #3 pick who came in and was a game manager as his waning arm strength and cumulative hits robbed him of the ability to be the runner and playmaker he was earlier on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.