• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I agree.
Even if the team already said to him, "this is the best we can do", I'm sure they have a contingency offer prepared, should he go down to the wire without taking the last offer.

Just like a car salesman, telling a customer, "I'm sorry, we can't give you a better price than this"...then just as you're about to walk off the sales lot - "Hold on just a second, let me talk to my manager, Mr Snyder, and see what he can do about getting you that car".

Last edited:
Well, I hope they've stuck to the offer they think he's worth. No way should they bow to fan pressure, or desperation.

Franchise is 85 years old. Life will go on without #8.
And for the last 32 of those 85 yrs,we've had no one who has come this close to being a franchise Qb. It's sooooooo easy to find someone with Kirk's skill set though..

I guess we've wandered the Qb Wilderness so long, it just feels like home to most fans? Maybe Doug can run Cousins off in search of the next John Beck ?

Unbelievable...........

No doubt Fear.

Just don't understand the willingness to always being in flux at the Qb spot. Did the same thing with Brad Johnson.

He came in here and gave our passing offense a lift we hadn't had in years and a large chunk of the fanbase wanted to push him out the door.
Now with Cousins, I'm seeing the same thing. Frustrating.......

It sure as hell will be more comforting to see Suds light it up this preseason even if a Kirk ltd doesn't happen.

There's like zero leaks nowadays & I kinda miss them, kinda.

I will say this again for the last time. Cousins is set to receive a king's ransom over the next two seasons without agreeing to any deal less than the tags fully guarantee. The only financial benefit that a LTD offers him is protection against serious injury. If he is willing to roll those dice, and it appears that he is, then he has no motivation to accept any offer that comes in below those levels. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Most likely, #8's agent is looking to break the bank. His "rep" is on the line. The Redskins have already made his client a multimillionaire. Even a career ending slip in the bathtub, tomorrow, doesn't change that. If the greedy bastard can't cut us some slack, then **** him eternally.

#8 will have to be the one to force the agent to make a deal, or there won't be one.

If he doesn't sign a LTD, we should trade him ASAP. The topic will be a terminal cancer on the season.

Ax, that's acting out of principle.
We have to do what's practical, not what's in principle, in football.
We can't just snub him off, and ruin the franchise, if we think he's being a greedy little man, just for the sake of sending a message.

I don't buy into judging these moves down the road and see how it turns out. The franchise tag is strictly for the teams to use to protect their interests from each other raiding their rosters. its not really a contractual negotiating tool. All we've done is kick the can down the road two years. Next year he leaves and really, I think its what Kirk wants anyway, to go to SF with Shanahan. That is my gut feeling. He's good with staying with us another year to make that happen. Good for his bank account too.

The spin doctors on tv try to tell us he is wanting to re-set the market for all players. I don't buy it. Kirk is just trying to parlay good stats into a record breaking contract, which he will also get in SF. He is not franchise, so paying him franchise type money doesn't make him franchise quality QB. That's what Jerry Jones would have you believe. And like Romo, he will overpay Dak thinking he will play up to the contract rather than vice versa.

If Kirk can win the division with this group of skill players, then give him what he wants. If not, move on with a younger guy who fits in with the rebuild currently under way. Its best to have the QB mature along with the rest of the young team. The future looks bright for this team with or without #8.

Is he better than Flacco, Dalton, etc....?

Are those franchise QBs? Who knows?

I guess we had all better hope that Kirk and Kyle don't have each other's initials tattooed on their bodies.

Interesting, Adam Carriker's twitter profile has him in a Redskin uniform.
I don't think he ever played a down for us, did he

Actually, he played two full seasons for us [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ax, that's acting out of principle.
We have to do what's practical, not what's in principle, in football.
We can't just snub him off, and ruin the franchise, if we think he's being a greedy little man, just for the sake of sending a message.
Absolutely right about acting out of principle.

But, "ruin the franchise"? Couldn't disagree more.

Keeping him around for the season, if he doesn't sign a LTD, has more potential to "ruin the franchise" for the upcoming season, than anything else.

If #8 gets the ridiculous amount of money being bandied about, he will be expected to take this team to the Super Bowl, at minimum. The national, and local press will be the first to turn on him. They love nothing more than building someone up, and then flaying them for ratings. Let #8 falter, and it will be brutal.

If he doesn't sign a LTD, the season will be an endless soap opera. Bad blood between #8 and management could destroy team chemistry, unless things go very well, right out of the gate. Then we'll just have to tolerate the never ending questions concerning the subject. Stealing the limelight of a team playing well. #8 will have to answer questions every week about which new team he prefers playing for in 2018. His teammates will eventually get sick of the whole thing.

If the team struggles out of the gate, and fails to at least make it to the post season, then we may be starting all over again anyway. LTD, or nor not.

I have no doubt the Shanahans are some how in KC ear. They would love to get him away from Dan Snyder and Dan doesn't want KS to get him. So we have a major pissing contest.

Heard rumor (fake news) we offered $65 million guaranteed and KC wants $95 million guaranteed.

For the next week we will probably hear anything and everything.

I have no doubt the Shanahans are some how in KC ear. They would love to get him away from Dan Snyder and Dan doesn't want KS to get him. So we have a major pissing contest.

Heard rumor (fake news) we offered $65 million guaranteed and KC wants $95 million guaranteed.

For the next week we will probably hear anything and everything.

The problem with that theory is that is tampering. And not the minor kind where a team is talking to a guy a few days before he hits free agency. This would be tampering with a guy already signed with another team for the upcoming season.

Kirk may want out of D.C. He may want to play for Kyle. But if the Shanahan's are talking to him about his contract or future contracts, that may be an unprecedented level of tampering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Kel, but it may be hard to prove. Especially if Mike Shanahan is whispering things to KC.

To be honest I don't have a lot of faith or trust in the Shanahans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.