• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

What do you guys think of the new rule, awarding the defense 2 points for returning a blocked PAT ?
Are they still messing with the game too much ?
Seems so, because now there's no point in creating or referring to statistics, comparing teams' histories of points scored in games and seasons, and where they rank, if you're now creating new ways of scoring.

Last edited:
Most seasons the past 22 years even when the NFC east was weak we were starting to talk about who we could target in FA and the draft. Now we are still in playoff contention. And the NFC east is the toughest it has been in a few years

What do you guys think of the new rule, awarding the defense 2 points for returning a blocked PAT ?
Are they still messing with the game too much ?
Seems so, because now there's no point in creating or referring to statistics, comparing teams' histories of points scored in games and seasons, and where they rank, if you're now creating new ways of scoring.

Hate it. There is something wrong about giving a team 2 pts for a missed ep when the kicking team can only get 1 pt max. There should not be any pts allowed. The reward for blocking a kick is saving a point. That's it, nothing more. Furthermore for a missed long fg, the guy standing underneath the goal posts can run it back. Don't know if it can be run back on a missed ep, but if not, then that also is wholly inconsistent with kicking for points. They are doing a fine job of ruining the game. That plus the stupid officiating, didn't the Denver guy step out of bounds?, makes the NFL almost unwatchable.

Yeah, blocked FG attempts that are run back should only be worth 3 or nothing! What is this Touchdown madness they give them, it's a kick!

2 points for running a point after attempt has been around a long time, just the NFL decided not to use it back in the day. I'm pretty sure many HS rules use it as well as college, so the players have had it around before.

It is much ado about nothing.

Instead of providing gimmicks like the 2 point conversion and the run-back on blocked PATS for points, perhaps to get more eyeballs back on the action on Sundays the NFL could tell the refs to stop calling so many damn penalties that absolutely RUIN the flow of the game.

I read a statistic in the past week that pass interference calls and holding calls are up 45% since 2010.

And then there are all these replays of minor plays. A guy catches a 6 yard flat pass for a first down and we end up with a challenge that lasts 5 minutes to resolve and get back to the action.

We should limit the replays to scoring plays and interceptions/fumbles and leave it at that.

I don't know about everyone else here but I thought NFL football in the 1980's and 1990's was FINE.

Some teams ran the ball, some featured prolific passing attacks. We had enduring rivalries that extended beyond divisions - Steelers vs. Raiders, Cowboys vs. 49ers, etc.

Now we have games that look like preseason games in terms of execution that last 4 hours because we have to replay every decision on the field.

So Colt's wife was supposed to be induced on Friday in order to 'fit' game day schedules.
Any news of the birth?

Of course he's going to play against his former teammate, Aaron Rodgers...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Redskins WR DeSean Jackson (shoulder) expected to play today, source say. His recovery has impressed a team that thought he’d be out again.

I hate being this way, but all that's in my mind is that the skins play prime time tonight and then nationally televised Thursday. History hasn't been kind to us on either stage.

Way to jinx it serv :)

The road, even to a Wildcard, is steep and filled with challenges. Yoda said it all...

Try? There is no try.

Do. Or do not.

Freaking Dallass has the best running game and Oline in the league and they're young. Lucked into what looks to be a true Franchise QB. East is gonna be tough for the foreseeable future. McL is gonna have to up his game and get our lines fixed in a hurry.

Way to jinx it serv :)

The road, even to a Wildcard, is steep and filled with challenges. Yoda said it all...

Try? There is no try.

Do. Or do not.

Sorry 'bout that.

I'm not even going to mention the Seahawks.

Looks like Djax is active

inactive.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 2, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.