• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Hogs Haven had a breaking news banner about DJax being out when I posted.
I see it is no longer there so he might be available after all.

Don't see anything 'official' one way or another yet.

Edit..... OK according to JP Finlay of CSN and here we go again with those stinkin' 'sources'.

Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson will miss Sunday's game against the Vikings, sources confirmed to CSN.

Last edited:
Hogs Haven had a breaking news banner about DJax being out when I posted.
I see it is no longer there so he might be available after all.

Don't see anything 'official' one way or another yet.

Edit..... OK according to JP Finlay of CSN and here we go again with those stinkin' 'sources'.

This official report has him as Doubtful

Washington Redskins coachJay Gruden said wide receiver DeSean Jackson (shoulder) is listed as doubtful for Sunday tilt with the Minnesota Vikings.

Twenty-two things to know about Week 10 injury report - NFL.com

Welcome to the board. I like our chances too. Although no Trent and no Desean isn't fantastic news

Nope, but at least when it comes to the Vikings, that ship is sinking fast (no pun intended), and they're stinking it up worse than we are.

Nsekhe seems like a very capable backup, and though no Desean is huge too, Jamison Crowder seems to be getting better and better each game, along with Cousins...

Btw, you don't even recognize me do you? Lol. It has been awhile, I must say

Your posts in the NBA thread back on ES about your glorious Orlando Magic should jog your memory a bit. :)

Djax has been having a tough time of it as teams 'take away' his primary threat..... blowing the top off of the defense.

Looks like they're trying to let him work underneath more which might lead to heavier hits running into rather than away from defenders.

How much protecting the top allows for others to produce might be hard to measure, guess we'll find out if Djax is out for a while.

Cooley is impressed with his run blocking effort this year, so I don't think the guy is messing about or taking plays off.

I'm probably alone but believe we need to let Djax walk next season. His durability is becoming less dependable, which is understandable given his size and years in the league. Unless he's willing to play for 1/2 or even less than what he's currently earning.

Pierre deserves an extension, albeit at a greatly reduced pice tag. Too much uncertainty with Doctson's health as well. Looking more and more like a high draft pick spent there in addition to a vet pickup.

Alshon Jeffrey anyone?!?!

2017 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

You're not alone Win4us.

DJax just hasn't had the impact for us this year. He's not durable, I swear it looks to me like he's lost a step.
Now that may just be as a result of nagging injuries but as he gets older it's only going to get worse. He's not the gamechanger he was to me. He and Kirk just haven't looked on the same page lately and I'm leaning towards thinking that the issue is his decline. I think it's slight, but enough that with him nursing hamstring and shoulder aches and pains I think he struggles to get to where Kirk is throwing. The ball is always overthrown to him... is it Kirk going too long or Djax not reaching the spot?

Crowder is looking more like the game changer now. He's looking more like the man with the chemistry with Kirk.

The other reason that I'd let him go is that I know that our offence has its issues... but I don't see his lack of production as being the issue.

I'm not sure he's playing this week and frankly I'm not sure we'd miss him terribly. I'd be much more concerned if it was Crowder, Reed or Garçon who was out. I think this team can survive well without him and feel we're paying a lot for a declining player who's only good for 12 or 13 games a season. And of the games he does play he's really banged up for another 5 or 6 of them. I suspect we only really get 7 or 8 GOOD games out of him a year now.

When he shows up in games later it's been short possession stuff, which Garçon or Reed can do. On the long balls he seems to be more of an asset getting PI calls.

I think it's safe to let him go elsewhere next year, or at least test the market.

Garçon I'd keep. I want to see what Doctson has before we let him walk
I'm HOPING we're in really good shape for the future offensively with our Pass game.

Kirk is a good QB. Not earth shattering but I'll take him. If Doctson works out alongside Reed and Crowder I think we have a damn good receiver corps. Our O line with a few tweaks and more continuity could be strong for a while. If we can find a good RB we could be explosive for a while.

Defense is a different story. Lol

But yes I agree. Djax should go. Garçon one more year.

I just hope he doesn't walk to a division team.
Look how he played against Philly, after leaving Philly.
Maybe there's some way, if a divisional team makes him an offer, we could one-up the offer, if possible, and if it's reasonable.

I remember you . Welcome and if you have questions or need help let me know. Join us for our game chats - they are one of the best things we have to offer....

Boone (formerly known as Tarhog)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah our GM'ing is definitely on the same page Knight, just gotta get mcluvs on board. Let's hope some AFC team throws the bank at Djax & we get some of those elusive compensatory picks. The ones that use a hieroglyphic, common core Amish math to formulate.

Of course I remember you. We had some great times in that NBA thread, me with the Magic and you with the Heat.

It's great to see you over here. I was wondering how long it would take you to swing by.

Check out the site, I think you'll love it.

I am probably alone in this, but I think Desean has seriously declined in his skills in the past year. I know - he's still got good speed and is still a deep threat. But he isn't making the plays he once did and I don't think he's getting past DBs in the way he used to be able to do with ease. When it's Crowder running routes, the difference is notable. I will be surprised if this isn't Jackson's last season as a Redskin as his contribution level no longer matches the money we are investing in him.

inactive.JPG.......

Nope, but at least when it comes to the Vikings, that ship is sinking fast (no pun intended), and they're stinking it up worse than we are.

Nsekhe seems like a very capable backup, and though no Desean is huge too, Jamison Crowder seems to be getting better and better each game, along with Cousins...

Your posts in the NBA thread back on ES about your glorious Orlando Magic should jog your memory a bit. :)

Welcome to bgo sir

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.