• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I agree, but I understand where they are coming from.

They want a family-friendly product, and they're worried about the potential of some player doing a machine gun dance and then making a police officer gesture.

And then there will be the groups that believe it depicts Native Americans as being violent or something. So they're just trying to nip it in the bud.

Well, they're not worried about Colon Dickweednick offending most of the country by shitting on the graves of dead soldiers.

Can someone explain why the bow and arrow celebration was a 15 yarder?

Worries over copyright infringement and showing the attempt to enforce it on the field to prevent lawsuit??

brave.jpg

Also looked like Norman did the throat slash thing later but the refs missed it cause it wasn't a particularly pronounced gesture, guess he had to 'sneak' that one in.

I mentioned in chat today, that I love the turnovers. It's certainly a welcome sight. But what would make me more happy is making some stops on defense and causing punts.

Yeah, I was discussing this with Wifey after the game when she said "You were lucky to win that game, Cleveland gave you the ball 3 times!"

While it doesn't fill me with confidence in this Defence, my personal opinion on it is that there is an element of skill in that too.

Yes there are fumbles that happens through carelessness on the part of teh offensive player, but more often than not they are fumbles instigated by the defense. Whether it be a stripped ball or catching the QB while he's winding up to throw. The lucky part is what happens when it's a free for all scramble to pick it up, but the Skins were at least forcing the issue.
Interceptions are 50/50 most of the time. It's usually a case of the Defensive player making the play and the QB making a bad decision.

But I'd hesitate to say it's all luck.

I'm REALLY concerned about the fact that we can't stop the run at the line of scrimmage (or even close to it!) and that we can't tackle for toffee. The 'Red Sea' should be this Defenses nickname will they earn another.

I agree, but I understand where they are coming from.

They want a family-friendly product, and they're worried about the potential of some player doing a machine gun dance and then making a police officer gesture.

And then there will be the groups that believe it depicts Native Americans as being violent or something. So they're just trying to nip it in the bud.

We had a friend over last night who was watching the game with us and he looked at me stunned when he saw that penalty. When Norman first did it, he laughed and said "Isn't that Usain Bolt's move!" and we chuckled. He isn't a Football fan (more soccer for him) but he was incredulous when the penalty was flagged.

I kinda get why they do it, but it's political correctness gone mad in my view. Maybe I'm just getting old. LOL

Those Unsportsmanlike Conduct fouls, to me anyway, should be called when the player is taunting the opposition. Not simply celebrating. Norman didn't look to be doing it in anyones face or trying to incite a fight. Not like Richburg last week who was caught literally shouting in our guys face.

And this is a Usain Bolt thing, he does it all the time in Athletics and honestly is there a more benign and family friendly sport than track and field?

Watching him do it in Athletics and it becoming his trademarked move (so to speak. Google Usain Bolt and of teh first 28 images, 12 of them are him in that pose!) throws into sharp relief how bad this 'No fun' policy in the NFL is.

I know there's a difference between that and Football, which is a team sport with many athletes on either side, some with fiery competitiveness, and when games go south tempers flare. I get that. But I do feel like this rule should be policed with some common sense. I'd rather that the Refs were given some discretion with this. If it's a blatant attempt to rile up the opposition, gloating and taunting... then throw the flag. If not then don't.

Maybe that's too hard to police, but I hate this zero tolerance crap. :(

We're pc crazy on this side of the pond. And they do need to reevaluate how it's policed on the field.

But in the end, they're a sports league that wants to get great television ratings and sell a billion jerseys. They don't want to get caught up in political commentary.

Any gun dance can be seen as promoting gang violence or violence against the police, etc. They just don't want the headaches.

Worries over copyright infringement and showing the attempt to enforce it on the field to prevent lawsuit??

View attachment 3500

I would pay good money to see the version of that film where they Ref runs in and flag Merida for Unsportsmanslike Conduct! 15 yards!

Pixar love to put bloopers and outtakes on their stuff, they missed a trick with that one. LOL

Fixed for you...

We're pc crazy on this side of the pond. And they do need to reevaluate how it's policed on the field.

But in the end, they're a sports league that wants to get great television ratings and sell a billion jerseys. They don't want to get caught up in political commentary.

Any gun dance can be seen as promoting gang violence or violence against the police, etc. They just don't want the headaches.

I don't think it's just your side of the pond unfortunately. It's going the same way here in the UK too.

People just seem to get offended by just about anything these days. I was brought up to be polite and I rarely swear. And if someone says anything I find offensive I generally give them the benefit of the doubt or just turn the other cheek, not jump up and down about it.

As I said, it's probably just me getting old. LOL

That said, it's football I guess. There's alot of kids in the game who have maybe come from backgrounds where they've had to fight tooth and nail for what they have, or at least feel they have. They are also in a sport which rewards intensity. I remember McL saying he loved Scherf because he 'played mean!'. When you have 100 of those players on a field, and of course fans who sometimes have more at stake in the rivalry than the players do themselves, I guess it's often better to err on the side of caution.

Sports crowd violence is something we're well aware of in the UK.

And to be honest for the Redskins fans we watched that and thought it was a bullshit ticky tacky call. But if it had been Pryor or someone from the Browns doing it after a TD, then we'd probably have been cursing him and chuckling to ourselves when they hit him with a penalty, much like we all chuckled at OBJ last week for his Unsportsmanlike Conduct physical assault of a kicking net!

At the end of the day we still won and I'm happy. :)

Yeah, I was discussing this with Wifey after the game when she said "You were lucky to win that game, Cleveland gave you the ball 3 times!"

While it doesn't fill me with confidence in this Defence, my personal opinion on it is that there is an element of skill in that too.

Yes there are fumbles that happens through carelessness on the part of teh offensive player, but more often than not they are fumbles instigated by the defense. Whether it be a stripped ball or catching the QB while he's winding up to throw. The lucky part is what happens when it's a free for all scramble to pick it up, but the Skins were at least forcing the issue.
Interceptions are 50/50 most of the time. It's usually a case of the Defensive player making the play and the QB making a bad decision.

But I'd hesitate to say it's all luck.

I'm REALLY concerned about the fact that we can't stop the run at the line of scrimmage (or even close to it!) and that we can't tackle for toffee. The 'Red Sea' should be this Defenses nickname will they earn another.

Knight, if I may clarify things a bit, you will seldom-if ever-hear of the opposing team's skill being involved when it's one of our guys that loses the ball. Similarly, but slightly less often, it will be our skill and not the opponents ineptness when they lose the ball-especially when we recover. :D

Knight, if I may clarify things a bit, you will seldom-if ever-hear of the opposing team's skill being involved when it's one of our guys that loses the ball. Similarly, but slightly less often, it will be our skill and not the opponents ineptness when they lose the ball-especially when we recover. :D
Exactly.....

The penalty was called because its Norman.

I agree that because of his outspoken comments over time the NFL is scrutinizing Norman the way it has hounded a number of players in the past.

The joke is that the players the NFL hounds tend to be guys that actually are good players that play the game the right way on the field.

The guys that are really cheap shot artists, guys that hit 5 seconds after the whistle blows, etc. - those guys they never seem to get after.

There might be some truth to that too, BT.

I read where Norman has now been drug tested 3 different times in 4 weeks.

Per the NFLPA deal, players are supposed to be tested 2 times a year.

Remember when the NFL banned commercial headbands and Jim McMahon wore a head band that read 'ROZELLE' in the playoffs :)

The NFL is more fussy than a girl's finishing school in the deep south.

We are currently 3 1/2 point underdogs next weekend in Baltimore.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo · 4m4 minutes ago

Kerrigan's sprained elbow is expected to be monitored on a day-to-day basis. MRI showed nothing more serious, source says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.