• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Thanks for the article BB.

The only thing I'll say is:

Most experts rated last April's draft as one of the deepest in Dline talent in over 10 years and it's hard to believe that not one was worth taking within the first three rounds of the draft in Scott's eyes.

When Kenard Lang (1997) remains the last Dlineman drafted (within the first three rounds of the draft) by your franchise, you can understand why the defense never reaches top ten level.

Guess there's always next year....or the next year......

When Kenard Lang (1997) remains the last Dlineman drafted (within the first three rounds of the draft) by your franchise, you can understand why the defense never reaches top ten level.

Jarvis Jenkins?

As an aside, I wanted Calais Campbell in the infamous Thomas, Kelly, and Snoozy draft...The Skins would be in good hands with Beans at the helm. Or at least better than Cerrato. At least.

Not Redskins related, but in a way it is. I can't recall so many star players going down so quickly:

Source confirms J.J. Watt expected to miss significant time after re-injuring back and his season could be over, as reported by @RapSheet.

Watt has now been placed on IR.

Among the three worst teams for points allowed. The problem with "building through the draft" approach is that at some point we must build the defense through the draft. Well, you don't just get to "dial it up". There still must be BPA, that is, best defensive players available, in order to actually build a competent defense. Waiting til next draft to start building the defense doesn't guarantee players will be there in that draft class. We've waited too long, next year it will be "roll the dice" defensive draft. Good luck with that.

Supplemental draft, so not really in the top college prospect pool.

Jarvis Jenkins (born April 24, 1988) is an American football defensive end for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Clemson University.

^^^Not trying to be that guy, just thought you should know. I agree that the neglect of the D line over the years has been an issue. Hopefully that changes in the next coming years.

Jarvis Jenkins (born April 24, 1988) is an American football defensive end for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Clemson University.

^^^Not trying to be that guy, just thought you should know. I agree that the neglect of the D line over the years has been an issue. Hopefully that changes in the next coming years.

DP just has Jenkins confused with another Dlinemen named "J.J." that we drafted, which was actually in the Supplemental Draft : Jeremy Jarmon, who, in yet another similarity, had about the same amount of production with the Skins, as Jenkins.
Easy mistake to make.

Last edited:
Yep my bad...Jarmon.

When Cerrato ran things it's like we all we're on bad acid with the very bad trip that followed.

Thanks for the reminder guys, I've been remiss.

Just added to the Legends/Hall of Famers avatar category:

cerrato_vinny.jpg

:secret:

(Pretty sure Siemian was drafted in 2015)

Speaking of Sudfeld ... I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about his NFL.com profile that doesn't look quite, you know, right.

sudfeld.jpg

:secret:
(Pretty sure Siemian was drafted in 2015)

Oops. That changes things a bit.

Speaking of Sudfeld ... I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about his NFL.com profile that doesn't look quite, you know, right.

You should give out a prize to anyone who can guess who that is.

The Pat's apparently had a 'miracle win' this past weekend and the laying of palms continues for their coach.
Which is Ok(sorta) he is pretty good after all.

One of the boys at HH has admitted to following the crowd of worshipers, at least from a distance but he does remind us that we also had one of those guys who managed to pull rabbits out of the hat occasionally.

Read on at the link, it's fun.

As I said, I now think that Belichick is the greatest NFL coach of my lifetime. And, immediately after the Jacoby-Brissett-led triumph, I had a similar reaction as the rest of the football-observing universe: Ol' Belichick had done it again, and the ability of the Patriots to replace players as if they were interchangeable parts in an unstoppable machine is reminiscent of the Gibbs-era Redskins, only with an even longer period of sustained success.

Then I started to think about the circumstances more carefully. What the Patriots pulled off was undoubtedly impressive. They won a game with a rookie, third-string quarterback. But they were also at home, and, other than a banged-up Rob Gronkowski, were pretty healthy

If we're talking about sublime feats of coaching, I don't think what the Pats pulled off was nearly as amazing as what Joe Gibbs accomplished during the NFL players' strike of 1987.

Gibbs? Feat Bests Even Belichick - Hogs Haven

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.