• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I don't understand the strategy of kicking anything other than a touchback. To me, the touchback on a kickoff is essentially the Special Teams version of a shutdown cornerback. You eliminate on part of the game. I thought that's why Forbath was cut. Yet last night, the kickoff that was allowed to be returned set up the loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

special teams also on that final kick-off.

looked to me like one player - young? - left his lane at the last moment to create an angle on where he thought Whitehead was moving and ended up creating a hole.

Would someone, anyone, please instruct Jordan Reed on how to block without grabbing the opponents jersey?

I wish we had a player like Sean Lee on the defensive side.

Might not have been strategy, maybe just a miss hit kick. Don't know.

You are right. It may not have been the strategy there. He may have flubbed it. But last night reminded me of what a bad play that is in general. Just take it out of the equation and kick it out of the end zone.

Idk if Morris is hurt, timid or what running the ball this yr but somethings different. I know our backups are putrid (Schlong/Ribb) but he's still not there. Was wondering if he's leaning or something every running play, like a tell the D is keying in on?

You are right. It may not have been the strategy there. He may have flubbed it. But last night reminded me of what a bad play that is in general. Just take it out of the equation and kick it out of the end zone.

Right before that kickoff at the end of the game that barley got to the goal line, I was sitting behind "Lucky" Whitehead with a guy I sit with regularly and we looked at each other and said, here comes the ball. We both knew that ball would be kicked right at us, where Hopkins often kicks it...asfter the played we looked at each other and just kinda shook our heads.

I was a place kicker and punter on a football team, I do not ever remember getting fatigued at the end of a game where I had numerous FG attempts and kickoffs. Could Hopkins have been fatigued?

Not excusing anything, just wondering.

We had the chance to set ourselves apart from the rest of the woeful division and didn't...there was a lot of confidence and talk about a division title and not much talk about beating our division foe. I hope we weren't so cocky we looked past Dallass.

We are an average football team.
Nothing more.
Nothing less.
Accept that.

True that!

What DeSean said, you can't do epic shit with average players. Welcome to the club DeSean.

What bothers me the most, is that the league and conference is full of average teams. And we can't find a way to beat average teams. pathetic. that's supposed to be where coaching comes in and makes a difference.

We need four all-pro players before we can talk about anything other than average. I don't even see anybody with the potential. We go into next year with the same offense. We've seen that act before and the play ends the same way.

I still think we're better than last year for what that's worth.

Stephen Paea is going to miss the next one to two games with a sprained toe.

Paea and Jeron Johnson have been major disappointments as free agents in Year 1 of the new regime.

Gruden: Alfred is our starter...well, didn't he say something like that about RG3 before the season?

Credibility is not the coach's forte.

Might have missed this earlier in the thread. Forgive me if already noted. From Rotoworld. Alfred Morris - Washington Redskins - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

"Speaking Tuesday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden claimed Alfred Morris' benching on Monday Night Football was game-flow related, and that he remains the team's starter."

"Gruden's explanation doesn't survive any scrutiny, as the Redskins were locked in a low-scoring slugfest with the Cowboys. That's typically the kind of game where Morris gets 15-20 carries. The coaching staff simply prefers Matt Jones, and is giving him every opportunity to seize No. 1 status. So far, Jones has failed to run with any of his opportunities. Morris will undoubtedly get more than six carries in Week 14, but he'll be an RB4/5 for fantasy purposes. Dec 8 - 3:10 PM Source: Mike Jones on Twitter"

I get the appeal of Jones. He can take any of those carries and turn it into a big play. Morris on the other hand needs a volume of carries to be effective. He'll get 2 or 3 yards on 10 carries, and 4 or 5 on 10, and maybe a 15 yarder sprinkled in. His path to 100 yards is not as sexy as Jones. They have different abilities and their games are different. Morris is a guy you have to stick with, but Gruden doesn't stick with him. He wants the hot hand. Well, in most games, the hot hand is going to be the more explosive guy since he can do more with less. It is what it is. I don't think it's either right or wrong. Well, it's right when they win and wrong when they lose. ;)

Yeah, to hell with a perennial 1000 yard rusher and just turn it over to Mr Butterfingers who has a bad habit of bouncing almost every rushing attempt outside.

Amazing to me that Mike and Kyle Shanahan could take a spread offense QB that couldn't read the whole field and a 6th round runningback and actually get production out of them with freakin Tyler Polumbus,Chris Chester and Will Montgomery in front of them but Gruden can't figure out how to use Morris.

Now watch...Morris is going to leave and complete somebodies backfield and remind us all of the time we ran Stephen Davis out of town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.