• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I think the frustration with DJax is the off season stuff combined with the injury. Depending on the draft boards, I won't be surprised at all to see a high pick on WR next year. The guy isn't available, and that hurts us.

he's been sitting on the sidelines since week 1 and he has just never done a thing but collect millions for us. this is 2 years in a row. I don't want to hear about his hamstring any more, he "might be ready", or how hard it is to play through that sort of injury. He's soft, he's always been known as being soft, and hes going to come back just in time to have a big game and make everyone think hes the best option we have.

he isn't. he is never on the field to be the best option we have. I'd take Crowder over him right now.

Unconfirmed rumor, but Jordan Reed and Matt Jones are also believed to be out this weekend.

I suspect that we'll see a lot of new faces next year. I can't see Reed coming back. What's even the point?

This weekend is also a big game for Morris. It sure would help if Trent or Litch could come back.

soft players breed softer ones. even our "tough guy" Trent is hurt.

he's been sitting on the sidelines since week 1 and he has just never done a thing but collect millions for us. this is 2 years in a row. I don't want to hear about his hamstring any more, he "might be ready", or how hard it is to play through that sort of injury. He's soft, he's always been known as being soft, and hes going to come back just in time to have a big game and make everyone think hes the best option we have.

he isn't. he is never on the field to be the best option we have. I'd take Crowder over him right now.

Didn't he have 1100 yards for us last year or so?

But I don't have a problem letting Jackson go. I never really liked the guy. And most small fast guys are fragile and useless with the slightest leg injury.

Frankly, that's what made Moss unique. He was a small fast guy but when he slowed down he actually changed his game and stayed useful. Not that I blame Jackson for being hurt right now, but I don't think Jackson has it in him to adapt his game if his speed isn't 100%. Just call it a hunch.

he has ONE target this year...and he got hurt on it.

sure, he had a good season last year. but he got hurt then, too. he also was down in stats from 2013 to 2014. he is also out there talking about how "nobody can cover him". the bench can cover him right now!!

I am just frustrated that I saw him all offseason bragging on his workout regiment, his vacations, his flossing all the stuff he owns, talking shit about how good he is.....to this. One target for 0 yards.

Reed and Trent both practiced today. "Signs are pointing in the right direction for their return to the lineup Sunday vs TB"

Interesting how much Conner Cook's weaknesses sound like Kirk Cousins'...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1868391/connor-cook

WEAKNESSES: Once moved from his original spot, he attempts to "arm" everything and abandon his base footwork, often content making throws with his weight falling away from his target. Cook isn't fully comfortable with a muddy pocket, which forces his eye level to wander and confuses his internal clock.

He will make a handful of high risk throws each game and is too willing to deliver into high traffic areas after staring down receivers. Seven of Cook's eight interceptions in 2014 came on the road and scouts will be eager to see how he performs this season in hostile environments at Michigan (Oct. 17), at Nebraska (Nov. 7) and at Ohio State (Nov. 21).

Last edited:
Interesting how much Conner Cook's weaknesses sound like Kirk Cousins'...
Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

WEAKNESSES: Once moved from his original spot, he attempts to "arm" everything and abandon his base footwork, often content making throws with his weight falling away from his target. Cook isn't fully comfortable with a muddy pocket, which forces his eye level to wander and confuses his internal clock.

He will make a handful of high risk throws each game and is too willing to deliver into high traffic areas after staring down receivers. Seven of Cook's eight interceptions in 2014 came on the road and scouts will be eager to see how he performs this season in hostile environments at Michigan (Oct. 17), at Nebraska (Nov. 7) and at Ohio State (Nov. 21).
Funny, of the 3 top QB's in that mock, the only one I'm remotely intrigued by is Paxton Lynch out of Memphis. He's the only one of the three who steps into throws, stands tall in a breaking pocket, moves to throw, has what looks to me like an NFL arm. Even thought I saw him look off a safety.

It'd be fun to be a GM ... right up until you had to actually take a deep breath, grit your teeth and pick somebody.

he has ONE target this year...and he got hurt on it.

sure, he had a good season last year. but he got hurt then, too. he also was down in stats from 2013 to 2014. he is also out there talking about how "nobody can cover him". the bench can cover him right now!!

I am just frustrated that I saw him all offseason bragging on his workout regiment, his vacations, his flossing all the stuff he owns, talking shit about how good he is.....to this. One target for 0 yards.

He missed one game last season his yards were down by about 150 yds 3 less touchdowns not really much of a difference
8 seasons this is the most games he has missed the other worse season was 11 games played every other season 14, 15, and 16 games played

He missed one game last season his yards were down by about 150 yds 3 less touchdowns not really much of a difference
8 seasons this is the most games he has missed the other worse season was 11 games played every other season 14, 15, and 16 games played

first his shoulder, now his hamstring. he's soft and getting softer. he literally has NO stats for 2015 and a paycheck of MILLIONS coming in for it. Be OK with it if you want, cool. But I would rather have Crowder or Ross who at least are showing durability and heart over a dude who can't even get a single stat this year.

Do you really think he is going to come out his first game and light it up? He won't sniff 500 yards this season even if he does come back. People got all over Griffin for his words yet nobody seems to mind when Jackson said "nobody can cover me" and then got hurt his first target.

first his shoulder, now his hamstring. he's soft and getting softer. he literally has NO stats for 2015 and a paycheck of MILLIONS coming in for it. Be OK with it if you want, cool. But I would rather have Crowder or Ross who at least are showing durability and heart over a dude who can't even get a single stat this year.

Do you really think he is going to come out his first game and light it up? He won't sniff 500 yards this season even if he does come back. People got all over Griffin for his words yet nobody seems to mind when Jackson said "nobody can cover me" and then got hurt his first target.

I'm going to continue to ask a calm, rational question. What can any athlete do about a significant hamstring injury? It's the largest muscle impacting the ability to run in the body. The muscle is torn. It's not a matter of toughness or attitude or how much vacation time he took or what TV shows he was on. You can't run with a torn hamstring. Not 'won't' - 'can't'. Period. If you want to say 'I don't like Desean Jackson', that's fine. But the injury he has has nothing to do with toughness, mental attitude, or other subjective things. He's hurt. It sucks, but he's hurt. And as far as minimizing his past impact (even last year), good luck with that argument. The numbers don't support it.

Last edited:
I'm going to continue to ask a calm, rational question. What can any athlete do about a significant hamstring injury? It's the largest muscle impacting the ability to run in the body. The muscle is torn. It's not a matter of toughness or attitute or how much vacation time you took or what TV shows you were on. You can't run with a torn hamstring. Not 'won't' - 'can't'. Period. If you want to say 'I don't like Desean Jackson', that's fine. But the injury he has has nothing to do with toughness, mental attitude, or other subjective things. He's hurt. It sucks, but he's hurt. And as far as minimizing his past impact (even last year), good luck with that argument. The numbers don't support it.

Well, I hope you keep it calm and rational...sheesh!!

It isn't JUST the hamstring. Its the shoulder that he had nagging all last season, went in to offseason talking shit, posting videos of how he trained, the fact that this year it was his preseason shoulder injury that kept him out of every preseason game, and then his first game only to get injured his first target. not first game, not first series...first target.

Why are you so forgiving for it? It isn't like he has done anything this season to deserve the pass you are trying to give him. 8 weeks for a hamstring issue? It was supposed to be 3-4 weeks and here we are on week 7 and he isn't even suited up. Sorry, but this is not just a "torn" hamstring. This is the fact that he doesn't want to play.

I am not worried about being supported or even validated. I have my opinion and I back it up with what I believe. If you don't believe it, cool. I am OK with that as well.

He can't play because of the hamstring. That's 'can't'. The team doctors have determined that. Period. There's nothing to 'forgive'. He's one of the few Redskins the past few years who has always performed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.