• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

On a positive note.... :D

Bored at work I've been dipping into stats for the players looking for bright spots. Thought this was interesting (though you may know or have talked about this somewhere else...)

Dusty made a 54 yard FG yesterday. And a 52 yarder last week.

Know how many times that forbath made a 54 yarder? Zero.
How many times did he make a 52 yard kick? Zero again.

In 4 years and 69 attempts Forbaths' best was a 50 yarder, and he did it twice.

Dusty has broken that record twice in 5 games (11 attempts)

Also.... Forbath got touchbacks on 48 of his 176 kickoffs (averaged of 28.85%).
Dusty pounding them through the endzone at a rate of 72% (18 of 25)

I'd never paid much attention to the kicker spot over the past few years as I'd kinda just lulled myself into thinking that while Forbath wasn't setting the world on fire he was competent and the least of our issues. But I decided to have a look and see how Dusty was doing and have to say I was quite pleasantly surprised. :)

Now Forbath also hit on 87% of his FG attempts. No earth shattering, but not bad. Dusty has only tried 11 and missed that other 52 yarder so he'd currently running at 90.9%, but the sample size is way too small. Be interested to see how he does over the whole season. He kinda made that 54 yarder look easy...

See! It's not all doom and gloom! LOL :p

Hopkins was an outstanding kicker in college and an even better person.

Another quality find by a competent personnel man. What a refreshing change.

Yeah. I will have to admit that liking Kai's consistency on FG's, I forgave him for his less than nuclear leg on kickoff sand 50+ yarders. Now that we have a guy who can do both, Forbath is just a distant memory. Looking like that was a major upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra Kai was still one of the coolest ****ing nicknames we have ever had on this team though lol

I will miss saying 'Sweep the leg!' after every FG, I can't lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three of Hopkins' kickoffs were onside kicks, also well executed by the kicker, total failure by the coverage. No chance for a touchback on those, so he's even a little better, 18 of 22, 82% touchbacks on kickoffs when he's kicking deep.

So Dusty's not as cool a nickname? :)

The wind WAS kicking big time on his kickoffs. I saw one just kind of stop midair and then drop.

It looks like we can all agree Kai wasn't every going to be the next Mark Moseley... All you really needed out of the kicker position was a kicker who was able to make 45-yard kicks and under at an average NFL clip, but able boom kickoffs and attempt 50-yard kicks with some confidence (around 50%)... Kai was excellent under 45 yards, but he was basically half an NFL kicker because he couldn't meet this requirement (which is just as important). So far, Hopkins excels at every aspect of being an NFL kicker. I anticipate we'll have a small drought, but Hopkins has a huge leg and we need to be patient with him. He is worth developing, since he has all the tools to be a perennial all-pro NFL kicker.

Until Gruden decides to send Ross deep to keep opposing defenses honest, our run game is going to suffer. They are loading up the box daring Cousins and Gruden's playcalling to beat them.

Ross or Crowder?

I was NOT happy with Ross' return game yesterday. He looked like he was trying to hard to be slick and not just hitting the hole.

Might be time to demote Riley in favor of Compton.

Hocker's lost to Forbath twice now. I'm not sure they signed the answer for Hocker's missed 51 and 48 yard field goals though.

Just waiting on injury updates.

I want at least 50% of those guys back this weekend.

70% or more would be even better.

I remember those heady days of 2-2.

As bad as we feel right now, the Eagles win tonight and we're just 1 game out of first. How's that possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.