• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Art Monk's, and Chris Cooley's contributions to this team, don't belong in the same book. Much less the same sentence.

I've been done with Cooley for a while now. Like Riggins, he has become a complete ass hat since retiring.

I won't be pissed if he signs with anybody. I'll be shocked anyone could be so desperate.

just hearing the phrase "Cooley's begging....." just disappoints me. He should have tried harder when he was here and not given up with the whole "I will only play for the Redskins" when its obvious he was going to backtrack on it.

here are the things I know to be true about our QBs

Griffin - holds on to the ball too long, usually gets stuck on his first read, now gun shy to use his feet to make plays. he still has shown he has a good deep ball and good accuracy when given time

Cousins - gets rid of the ball fast, is able to avoid the sack due to timing in his head, has a looping pass over 15 yards, makes very questionable decisions on trying to fit passes in where he shouldn't

McCoy - decent game manager, career backup

That is what I know about the 3 QBs we have on our roster. Cousins isn't better than Griffin because he doesn't get sacked. Griffin isn't better than Cousins because he has a stronger arm. These guys should all be judged on their own and not compared to each other. Comparing doo doo to doo doo still makes doo doo.

I wonder who decided it was "begging." A media type, presumably.

Meh. If he gets an NFL gig as a 3rd TE at 33 and five years removed from his last productive season, I say power to him. Might say more about the state of the position in today's league than anything else.

Art Monk's, and Chris Cooley's contributions to this team, don't belong in the same book. Much less the same sentence.

I've been done with Cooley for a while now. Like Riggins, he has become a complete ass hat since retiring.

I won't be pissed if he signs with anybody. I'll be shocked anyone could be so desperate.

Wasn't comparing Cooley to anyone of that era by any stretch, he was some fun, had some good moments during 'times of misery' and don't care one way or another what he does now. Ass hat or not he was a homegrown Skin, nuttin' wrong with that.

Will still miss his break downs tho.

Take it for what it's worth:

Mike Jones from wapo is reporting that if cousins falls flat this week that Griffin will be in the mix to start.

To me, if that happens gruden has sealed his own fate. This flip flopping doesn't instill any confidence or help players mold together.

Gruden hitched his wagon to Kirk. If he fails, playing more like he did against the Giants, or even Miami, Gruden's fate is sealed. Whether he switches QB's again, or not.

Gruden hitched his wagon to Kirk. If he fails, playing more like he did against the Giants, or even Miami, Gruden's fate is sealed. Whether he switches QB's again, or not.

Agreed, with the caveat that if Griffin comes back and drags the team to the playoffs, Gruden's job is safe.

Whether or not it should be is up for debate, but I don't see a change being made if we make the playoffs.

Agreed, with the caveat that if Griffin comes back and drags the team to the playoffs, Gruden's job is safe.

Whether or not it should be is up for debate, but I don't see a change being made if we make the playoffs.
Oh, without a doubt. When/if we make the playoffs, Gruden is, and should be, safe. Even if he brought back Jeff George to do it.

I'm just tired of the "who is starting at QB?" game that seems to be going on in the media as well as with coaches.

Griffin was our guy....he got hurt
Cousins is our guy and Colt is 2nd string
now Colt is hurt and Griffin is our 2nd string?

To me, it feels like Gruden loves to talk about the wrong things. He will tell you that Reed ran the wrong route, Griffin needs to learn his role, Cousins will get better...but he never tells us what we want to hear. Who is starting where or who is going to be where. Its very frustrating.

As long as the guys in the locker know what's going on, I can live without knowing myself.

Provided we win.

The guys on 980 are going to tickle this development some, they just got through laying down the palms at Rodgers' feet after last nights performance.
Now they're playing soundbite of Griff.... 'I am the best....':D

The guys on 980 are going to tickle this development some, they just got through laying down the palms at Rodgers' feet after last nights performance.
Now they're playing soundbite of Griff.... 'I am the best....':D
Sports talk radio is reality tv, on the radio.

Useless, time wasting, bullshit. Performed by slug shit personalities.

yep

Might be useless, bullshit reality by shit people but not time wasting, I can actually do stuff while listening
Like wasting time posting on a fanboy internet site. :)
It's all fun, which in my book, is the only reason to be a fan.

IMO, pretty much spot on.

"slug shit personalities"? LOL! Totally stealing this, tho'!

All these years and for the first time today I actually read servumtuum as it's supposed to be pronounced. :cry: I'm not feeling very smart. :uncomfortableness:

I've been off here for a little while, because of the way the season started I figured it would be bad and I wasn't ready for that. Now I am ready to take the full beat down of being a Redskins fan :D

I've been off here for a little while, because of the way the season started I figured it would be bad and I wasn't ready for that. Now I am ready to take the full beat down of being a Redskins fan :D

then you and yo mama have something in common...me beating you down!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.