• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

This season is going to be his 17th as owner, so we're getting pretty close to that 20-year mark.
Yes Sir. Well aware of Dan's tenure. But 17 is not 20+. To say so, and we've heard it for years now, is false. Some people act like we never lost until Snyder bought the team. Again, completely false. Some of this shit gets repeated, over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Like if it's said enough, it will be true.

There's no denying, that under Snyder, it's been consistently bad. And most of it he is responsible for. But he's not going anywhere.
So people need to get over it and quit the ****ing sniveling. (Not directed at you)

Our history holds even darker days. And Snyder had nothing to do with it. That's the fact.

And if "pretty close" is good enough to satisfy, then I say we were "pretty close" to reaching the Super Bowl 4 times during Snyder's reign. So far.

There's no denying, that under Snyder, it's been consistently bad. And most of it he is responsible for. But he's not going anywhere.
So people need to get over it and quit the ****ing sniveling. (Not directed at you)

Our history holds even darker days. And Snyder had nothing to do with it. That's the fact.

The first sentence is pretty much the relevant part......."Its been consistently bad under Snyder."

And while its true that Snyder had nothing to do with other "darker days" of the team, its also true that those "darker days" have nothing to do with Snyder's bad tenure. Some would have you believe that Snyder inherited this horrible mess from Cooke/Norv and that's its taken 17 years for him to get it sorted out.

Well, he did indeed inherit a horrible mess from Cooke. But it's his fault he hasn't turned things yet. Although, using that "pretty close" excuse......:)

I mention the dark days of yesteryear merely to point out, that contrary to the regurgitated BS, long stretches of dismal performance have been a large, consistent part of our entire history. That's just a fact that's consistently ignored, in some folks zest to make Snyder the debil. We've had delirious peaks, and mind numbing valleys. That's just the way it is.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The team is no longer trading away high picks. We are no longer signing free agents at market-setting prices. We are no longer back-loading contracts in hopes of cheating the effects of the cap.

We have a proven GM in place.

The one specter still hovering over the team is the status of the qb. It is the 'last stand' of the meddling owner, as he refuses to accept he might have traded away three first round picks for what ends up being a draft bust.

He wants to avoid that embarrassment and give Griffin a final shot in 2015.

How that drama plays out is the one variable hanging over us.

Once the issue has been decided and we move on from this issue the Redskins will continue to improve, but at a much faster clip.

As far as I am concerned we are 98% out of the woods after being lost for years.

I have confidence that if we clean house on Griffin, Cousins and McCoy in 2016 we can bring in other qbs to develop into winners.

This is the Chris Cooley I will always remember.
Tied for #1, along with Santana, for being the Cowboy Ciller Chris Cooley

The best part about that game was the revenge Cooley got on Parcells. Cooley said that when he met with Parcells before the draft, Parcells said Cooley would be nothing more than a special teams player. Then, in a game that mattered immensely to both teams, Cooley goes out and scored 3 TDs against him and knocks the cowboys from the playoff race.

pffft. cooley...who never distinguished himself for true greatness at his position relative to his peers on other teams....is no different from many characters criticized in the past: he sees professional football as a business and promotes himself to sustain his lifestyle. he marketed himself on-line as a player and continues to do so as a radio jock. Cooley is likable, produces some interesting analysis...but he's a dilettante.

The team he inherited from Cooke won the division and had several xtra first round picks and another teams entire draft before Snyder put his "touch" on the team.
Wrong.

He bought a team that was going into year 6 of Norval Freakin Turner. And his mere presence inspired Norv to his best record here. A Herculean achievement.
It was a team that had losing seasons 4 out of the previous 6 seasons. They had peaked at 9-7, and were back on a downhill slide. RFK was gone.

The curse of JKC was in it's early stages. It has not been completely exorcised, yet.
JKC fired a Redskin, to hire a Cowboy.
He played a part in the demise of RFK.
He left the franchise drifting in the wind, allowing a Snyder to move in.
JKC was Dan Snyder, with rings.

I'd love a Dan Snyder with rings. Do you think we'll see it in our lifetimes?
Yes.
JKC had another winning sports franchise. He had experience in professional sports.
True. I meant personality wise.
Although, he did hire Norval. And like folk do with Snyder, I'll say it was his idea, not the GM's.
Just like, he hired Petitbon. Gibbs didn't.

but in terms of factual evidence - that's precisely what WE DID NOT DO in 2012. everyone was happier than a pig in Giants when Griffin tucked and ran.

I was not...I knew it was only short term glory. We sold out the future for one fun/winning season.

3 years later, where did it get us?

This is the Chris Cooley I will always remember.
Tied for #1, along with Santana, for being the Cowboy Ciller Chris Cooley

That video made my morning...... just watching Bledso get hammered so many times is great entertainment in itself.

It never gets old. My friend was sending me updates because I had to work and I thought he was lying lol

Chris Cooley has lost a lot of my respect for him.

He's not an SOB for trying to come back and re-start his career, but to say on the radio that '3 of 4 decision-makers were OK with his comeback' and laying the grief at the feet of the one guy in the organization that is trying to right the ship, Scot McCloughan, is unforgiveable.

Career Redskins that care about the organization and realize how dysfunction it has been would not have done that.

To put himself into the middle of things as a distraction at this point shows how selfish he really is.

In that way he's little different from LaVar Arrington, one of his contemporaries, that just loves to hear himself talk.

What ended Cooley's NFL career was a bum knee that came as a result of consecutive surgeries that cost him speed.

A couple of years of 'rest' is not likely to improve his speed and explosiveness off the ball.

I agree. Love Cooley! He's one of my favorite Redskins of all time... and I don't mind that he made a comeback but the "3 out 4 members" thing was not cool.

I was not...I knew it was only short term glory. We sold out the future for one fun/winning season.

3 years later, where did it get us?

1) You did not. That is gospel truth. Most others did.

2) What were the other options? Your answer has validity: build the lines. That accepted, the team and the fanbase knew the number one problem was at QB. Shanahan alone: struck out on McNugget, Beck, doughboy; and, it looks more and more like a whiff on Giffin.

All that said...we both know just about the entire redskin world was happy with Griffin at that time.

My feelings on Griffin have been a roller coaster ride. When I saw him at Baylor and thought we would draft him (up) Gave up a truck load to move up to #2 (down) 2012 season (up) since then (down) is the ride going back up or is it time to get off?

I would not have had an issue with taking Griffin at #2 if that had been our own draft pick. But to give up MORE than the Broncos gave to the Colts to acquire the rights to John Elway to move up a few spots in Round 1 was just suicide for the organization given the cap implications.

Draft picks are cheap talent for 4-5 years. They really form the bedrock of most NFL clubs that are successful.

The Redskins with the cap penalty imposed by the league and the trade for Griffin basically guaranteed that from 2012-2014 the club was not going to be able to add ANY top talent to a roster that had quite a number of holes.

We'd have been better off offering the Colts 4 #1's for Luck. It wasn't the picks - if you hit with that deal it sets you back but you get your 12 year starter which is hard to put a price on. The problem with pulling the trigger is exactly what El says it is- if you miss it sets your franchise back for years to come.

The good news is, we'll know in the next 3 months what the final verdict is and can move forward one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.