• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Pierre had a great game today, been missing a little bit

2 receivers with 100 yards can't remember the last time that happened with the redskins
Spread the ball around good 9 receivers thrown to and 7 had catches. Seems like years past 4-5 was the max exception some odd circumstance

Agreed. However, we don't need red zone strikes if Kirk would just hit those long wide open receivers. Can't understand why he can't do it this year, saw several on Sunday again. We hit those, there won't be any red zone woes.

Consider it done.

Actually 9-1.

We lost the 2nd half to the Steelers. Should have been able to pull the others out.

We are still a young team. So I imagine we will still lose some we should win but on the flip side win some we should lose.
Scott will have to have another decent draft next year for us to remain competitive

Consider it done.

I do wonder if some of our redzone issues were to do with us being One-Dimensional early in the season. We struggled on long balls and couldn't run... so defenses sat back and protected the short yardage throws making like difficult as the field compressed.

Now we have a run game in Kelley. And Kirk established his downfield long ball qualifications this week.

I wonder what effect that'll have on the defenses we face coming up.

Not trying to steal anything away from this week's Recon Thread but seeing it's Dallas Week I thought this was interesting from a Cowboys fan:

Washington beat a below average at home. Nothing more than that. Cousins is still their QB and that will be their downfall.

Hey Cowboys....You go down there.... :)

To be fair to Dallas, they're a little bit right. Green Bay were easy meat, but they were the kind of easy meat that we've struggled with.

Dallas will be a statement game. We're going to be the underdogs, but we should be confident as we played them close early in the season.

I think we can win this game. If we do... imagine the aftershocks in the NFC East if we knock off the team that is currently being mentioned as the best team in the NFC this year...

Come on Redskins. We can do this!

Knight I was speaking more to the lack of respect for Kirk.

It's not like they didn't watch him carve up their secondary in Dallas last year.

Now that he's settled and in the groove this year and their secondary is banged up....well, if Kirk's protected, it doesn't seem like you'd blow him off as a threat.

Just sayin...........

Feels so good! Big primetime win!

Ty held up just fine - AGAIN! Kudos to him... And great punchout by Norman to create the fumble.

We have a shot - let's make Dallas cry in their cranberry sauce Thursday!

Hail!

If Trent Williams hadn't of screwed up:

Nyseke could be filling in for Moses so that ankle could heal.

Hope Moses can go Thursday.

Defense has to find a way to slow Dallas' run game and get in the face of Prescott.

Score more points than them and win the game! Boom! Heck, I'm John Madden....Whoa..... ;)

Knight I was speaking more to the lack of respect for Kirk.

It's not like they didn't watch him carve up their secondary in Dallas last year.

Now that he's settled and in the groove this year and their secondary is banged up....well, if Kirk's protected, it doesn't seem like you'd blow him off as a threat.

Just sayin...........

Yeah totally agree (not sure if I came across wrong! lol)

I can see Dallas fans point of view... Green Bay just gave up 47 ot Titans and 42 to us, and it could have been more. That's not a good Defense we faced.
They've watched us play some really close games while they've taken care of business.
They're also riding a 9 game win streak that makes them feel untouchable.
They're being led by a pair of rookies who don't know anything other than winning at the moment really, and that could change fast.
They're also not connected to Kirk like we are and hence haven't seen him grow like we have. I still think they see him as the back up to RGIII, and what's more one that in their mind isn't much different from the Colt McCoy that burnt then a couple of years ago.

We know different now though as we here at BGO have watched this QB very closely and seen the strides he's made.

Maybe it's snobbish of me, but I've been watching Dak and the boys, and I feel I have a better handle on him, than their fans do on Kirk. Dak is a rookie, playing beyond his years, but he's being propped up by a great O-line and a fantastic run game. I'm not sure on watching him, Dak is any better than Kirk. Give us Trent back, get Moses healthy and lets keep feeding FatRob and I think we'll see an offense better than the Boys. If we can be consistent.

I worry about or D in this weeks game though. If we can click on Offense I see this being a shootout!

I really do think they're taking our Offence lightly and they're so wrapped up in Dak that they can't see beyond that.
But I think Kirk is every bit the QB Dak is, and I really think when we're firing on all cylinders we're one of the best in the league. We can move the ball on anyone, and it's Kirk that presses the Go pedal on that. What we failed to show much of the year was an ability to finish. Against the Packers was the first game where we proved that we can score points in bundles.

Opponents beware!

This is a statement game for Kirk to put the smackdown and make the Cowboys give him the respect due.

Finally, FINALLY, the Redskins were on TV in Australia. Woke up early, had breakfast, did a few things outside (before it got too hot), made a coffee then settled down to watch the Redskins v Packers game.

The best part was when Rodgers cracked the s**ts and left the game. His replacement at QB, Brett Hundley, then threw the only INT of the game. However, the game was well and truly over before Rodgers cracked it.

Now it's Dallas time, and as we all know, WE WANT DALLAS!

Saw this on the Rich Tandler's 'REAL REDSKINS' site earlier...

"—The Redskins are now 11-4-1 in their last 16 regular season games, their best 16-game stretch since 1992"

And also remember that the last 10 games of that were against a Divisional Champions schedule. :)

Not bad eh!

And as we've debated ad infinitum... There were a couple of games that got away from us, so that record could very easily have been 13-3 or 14-2.

Now if that were actually a season... what happened the last time we went 14-2 in a season? :D

Just saying...

Would anyone other than a dialed in Skins fan have watched the game last night and realized that our Pro Bowl left tackle was not playing? (If the announcers hadn't mentioned it.)

Excellent game by Kirk. Especially the Crowder long ball, perfect. Played heads up ball. We need to bring the A game Thursday, score first IMHO, keep the pressure on Dak.

We look good but need to remind myself that ain't the Pack I remember. They are devastated by defensive injuries and #12 ain't #12 no mo. Nevertheless, we look good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 3, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.