• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Hopefully this Cravens news is an overreaction and is short-term in nature.

What Cravens news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why, but he never struck me as super fast, as far as his running appearance on the field.

I can understand that being he doesn't get on the field often. He has had his moments showing his speed with some big hitters. I would think he has to have pretty good speed to be Jackson's primary back up. Now, if he only had Jackson's hands......

Sorry, I thought everyone had read it. Hopefully it's just him overreacting or being a kid.

He went on social media and said the concussion may have had a very serious and permanent impact.

Others believe he's just woozy. His comments didn't seem to make sense.

Cravens, 21, said in a video: “Due to my concussion my eyes have lost the memory to keep track of moving objects, so I have to wear these for the rest of my life.”

Not even going to let myself think about how much losing this kid's potential would suck.

Me neither, but if this is real, he can't possibly play another down in the NFL. He would be insane to do so.

****, all the concussion protocol, and so-called safety-measures in place, and it seems it's still becoming more common, and more severe when it does happen.
I still can't understand why this is a much bigger problem in the NFL than MMA.
They need to do something more. And not just silly rules, like you can't hit a QB, even if you've already launched yourself in the air toward him after he's thrown the ball.

EDIT : I just read the comments in the article. I hardly ever put weight in random unanimous article comments, but this is one time I hope they're right.

*Former Redskins TE Chris Cooley reported this morning that this was a joke by Cravens that went bad. He said that Craven's meant it to be funny.

*No it's not concussions, it's his age. When i hit 24ish, my eyes went too.

*Also, people's eyes change all the time, especially in their 20s. This very well could have nothing to do with a concussion

And my own opinion - he seems to be in a fairly good mood. He's smart enough to know this could be career-ending if it were true, so I don't see him being in such a good mood, if it was indeed that serious.

Gruden needs to make a statement to clear this up soon.

Last edited:
Think Gruden also made it clear to the lad that some things just don't go to social media.
I suspect that Sua' will curtail his participation on said media at least for the foreseeable future.
:)

Apparently Jordan Reed is in concussion protocol. It was suffered during practice.

Sometimes it feels like there is no right answer.

If you run an easy practice, you risk coming out soft.

If you run a violent practice, you risk losing Jordan Reed.

If players were coached to tackle properly (NOT using their helmet as a weapon), concussions to players would drop off markedly. Just look at those who play in the NRL. Head contact is bound to happen during a game but players don't have the same issues that an NFL player has. AFL players don't have any problem either. Some get knocked out during the course of a game, but most return to play.

The only difference is that NFL players have a hard object they often use illegally. It's not the head-to-head contact that does the damage but when the brain continues to move in the direction the head WAS going before it was violently halted is what does the damage.

I'm guessing that more brain related injuries have occurred since the introduction of hard helmets instead of the old style leather helmets!

Update: Reid has been confirmed with a concussion. It's his 6th since 2011.

6 concussions before the age of 27.

When do you have to give serious consideration to retirement? 8?

What crappy news.

Yeah, no kidding. In practice, no less.

* sound of air leaving balloon *

We may not see him for a few weeks ... and the conversation about just how long he can realistically expect to last in the NFL is suddenly very much on the table.

I would like to think Goodell & the likes have put a chunk of resources into limiting concussions. Not so much with the rule changes, but equipment design.

I know they're always gonna happen but you'd think with today's technology there'd be a helmet that cuts occurrences in half.

Guess it's time to put TE on the draft list again.

If Reed is smart, he'll retire. No sense in risking the rest of his life over this.

Welp, that sucks.

Reed should retire. I won't hold it against him.

Bleh.

I know they're always gonna happen but you'd think with today's technology there'd be a helmet that cuts occurrences in half.

They had the technology at the beginning of the last century.

The original leather helmet.

Who is going to lead with their helmet if it's not like a wrecking ball?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.