• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I don’t get that take at all DP. Smith is just 26, a former 2nd round pick, has played every game for 4 straight years with no missed time. He’d be the best in-season LB pickup we could probably imagine becoming available and we need help.

And you are opposed to signing him because Dallas players never work out here?
He and Landon Collins freestyling would not change the D.

In terms of an in-season addition, I don’t think you’ll find available guys who would ‘make a difference’ but you do have to have enough LBs to field a team - right?

Yes, you need at least enough LBs to field a team. This is where Ron and Co screwed the pooch this last offseason and have left themselves short.

Always thought that they would have drafted more than one LB in the last draft.

Right now, I wish they would try what Fred Smoot suggested on Keim's Pod: Move Collins to LB(because he plays better closer to the line), Curl at SS and Fuller at FS.

Other than that, guess it's time to see what they have in Hudson and Davis

We hear the defensive staff talk about the defensive woes coming down to details. Michael Silver's article speaks to this, give it a read.

"They went empty and spread us out, and I didn't move over enough," Holcomb said. "If I take two more steps to my right (before the snap), like I'm supposed to, it takes away the throw (to Patterson), and (Ryan) holds the ball an extra second… and 'Tez (Sweat), who is one step away from sacking the guy, probably takes him down… and instead of third-and-1 it's third-and-15, and we probably get off the field.
"It didn't seem like a big play, but it's those little details that can make all the difference. And when Ron showed it to me, he said, 'Hey – this is how close we are.'"

FFS. Even the John Gruden news has a Washington connection.

Unreal...how disrespectful.

And nobody to stand up to them and fight back.

"who DAT?"

"We can't even answer because we don't know our own name. But, I can tell you the top 8"

Classic!

Visiting fans have been at that stadium for a long time. I watched the game and from TV, I wouldn’t even put it in the top 10 of visiting fans. There were fans of the Saints there, but I’ve been to plenty of other games and see other games with more and louder fans of other teams.

Also, I’ll say this about attendance. Any fan not attending the game and complaining about other teams fans, there is no one to blame but those of us who don’t attend. We all have our reasons. Mine is I live 5 1/2 hours away. Others live further away. We make our own choices as to what to do and let’s face it, winning always brings more fans. But overall, if there are fans in the stands from other teams, we can only blame ourselves.

I hear JOK is having a very solid rookie start. Not that any of us wanted him or anything. Wink

That for me is a troubling article. Does focusing on the developmental aspect of your team mean you don't care about this year? Shouldn't you be focusing on fixing the defense among other things? idk... Ron isn't having a good year . The team is underachieving , He brought on Ryan Vermillion "His guy" and he gets caught up in a DEA investigation bringing more unwanted attention to our new woke organization, and let's face it so far our 1st round pick has looked like anything but . I guess Cosmi and Brown look like they'll pan out but I can't help but to get frustrated knowing we had a guy like Kyle Smith in the building and they let him walk. To me a big mistake

I really like Cosmi but calling him a potential stud simply because he blocked someone they way he should have is something we should expect no?
Geez Louise....

For weeks, I've seen fans here and on the internet wondering aloud if Cosmi was a bust/wasted pick.
He's made incremental improvement each week.
So you post a video showing how well he's progressing and it's "Well, that's what he should be doing...."

Pretty tough audience on a ROOKIE.

It is what he should be doing. We are a losing team with few bright spots. He's doing ok for his job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.