• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Come on DP - we’ve taken retreads from other teams who’ve been productive here (Desean Jackson?). There’s nothing unique about Dallas players. The argument that ‘they cut him so he must not have any value’ is proven wrong over and over again every year.

Part of getting over this ‘nothing will ever change’ hopeless mindset is at least trying to adopt a mindset that not every potential move is a disaster waiting to happen.

So here’s my question… if we lose even more LBs this year, you have more faith relying on a practice squad guy or someone signed off the street than a guy whose played every game for 4 straight seasons (almost exclusively as a starter)???

Urban is just a "johnny-come-lately" doing his best to be the next Steve Spurrier. WFT has been embarrassing us since Urban was someone's assistant somewhere.

Hes owning the off the field embarrassment though. Might not make it past the bye week employed

It’s a bad look for a HC but I thought the owners comments were ridiculous. He didn’t run over someone while drunk - he got handsy with a blond in a bar when his wife wasn’t looking. Honestly, you could argue it’s no one’s business but he and his wife’s.

Who cares what the track record of previous regimes had with players from certain teams? If the guy is a good fit, he's a good fit. We can't continue to look at what other coaching staffs have done and hold it against this one.

The evaluators are different
The coaches coaching them are different
The players are different.

Hell, even the logo on the side of the helmet is different.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
When it comes to Desean Jackson…he was let go by a college coach who was in over his head in the NFL. It was a lucky break for this team at the time.
The Cowboys on the other hand are no world beaters. They are like the Redskins, haven’t done jack in 30 years. When you outright release a 26 yr old it tells you :
1: There was no trade interest in him
2: There’s something wrong with him.
But as usual, this fan base falls for : he’s 26 and a former Cowboy, he has to be good and they don’t know what they’re doing.
How many times do you have to get burnt before you stop touching a hot stove?

His contract was likely part of the lack of trade interest, DP. Dallas had extended him on a big deal with a lot of guaranteed money.

Come on DP - we’ve taken retreads from other teams who’ve been productive here (Desean Jackson?). There’s nothing unique about Dallas players. The argument that ‘they cut him so he must not have any value’ is proven wrong over and over again every year.

Part of getting over this ‘nothing will ever change’ hopeless mindset is at least trying to adopt a mindset that not every potential move is a disaster waiting to happen.

So here’s my question… if we lose even more LBs this year, you have more faith relying on a practice squad guy or someone signed off the street than a guy whose played every game for 4 straight seasons (almost exclusively as a starter)???

He’s not entirely wrong

For some odd reason , no matter the regime, Washington and it’s fan base have always been more than willing to pickup Dallas’ trash.
When he signs here, because they’re too stupid to stay away, and he doesn’t live up to the hype the media and this fan base puts on him…..
I’ll be around to politely tell you guys “ I told you so.” 🙂

We are ‘this fanbase’.

Me? I don’t pine to say or get any satisfaction from opportunities to say ‘I told you so’. I just want to win.

Is signing a kicker who’s never kicked in an NFL game the way .... just asking🤔😂

Picking up guys from the waiver wire in-season at positions of major need does not mark some grand departure from ‘the plan’. We are not talking about Albert Haynesworth or Donovan Mcnabb here…..

Glad you brought them up Boone. There are two guys that they got sold a bill of goods to.
Andy Reid willing to part with his starting Qb should’ve raised red flags but it did nothing.
Belichick letting go of a starting corner at the quarter pole of the season? Should raise a red flag.
Just think, the Cowboys are willing to take a 16 million dollar dead cap hit just to be rid of Smith. Should raise a red flag.
Does it? If not, why?

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
When it comes to Desean Jackson…he was let go by a college coach who was in over his head in the NFL. It was a lucky break for this team at the time.
The Cowboys on the other hand are no world beaters. They are like the Redskins, haven’t done jack in 30 years. When you outright release a 26 yr old it tells you :
1: There was no trade interest in him
2: There’s something wrong with him.
But as usual, this fan base falls for : he’s 26 and a former Cowboy, he has to be good and they don’t know what they’re doing.
How many times do you have to get burnt before you stop touching a hot stove?

If he's not a good fit or can't play. Don't take him, but the fact that Haynesworth didn't work out has 0 effect on Smith. It's not repeating because different player... different coach... different circumstance. That doesn't guarantee success, but it also doesn't guarantee failure.

That's like me saying I bought a used Toyota from Tedd Britt Ford and it broke down so if you buy a used Mazda from Bobs used cars its going to break down also.

If the car is a piece of junk, don't buy it, but not all used cars fail.

If he's not a good fit or can't play. Don't take him, but the fact that Haynesworth didn't work out has 0 effect on Smith. It's not repeating because different player... different coach... different circumstance. That doesn't guarantee success, but it also doesn't guarantee failure.

That's like me saying I bought a used Toyota from Tedd Britt Ford and it broke down so if you buy a used Mazda from Bobs used cars its going to break down also.

If the car is a piece of junk, don't buy it, but not all used cars fail.

Either way you need to start buying Murican

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.