• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

To me there is little pressure on Washington. No one is picking us to even stay close in the game so if this contest is say 17-14 in the fourth quarter it will be Tampa that feels the spotlight.

Logan Thomas is a guy we need to get an extension done with immediately after the season. This guy has emerged as a late bloomer at 29 and with his athleticism may very well continue to improve.

damnit! I need Alex Smith to send me one!!

The Vikings spent $30M plus a year on Kirk Cousins for the past 3 years and have finished 7-9, 11-5 and 7-9. One playoff win in the wildcard round.

You need a 53 man roster and spending that kind of money on a player and having to let other good players go in free agency or trades only works if the player himself is a top level elite talent at quarterback.

Kirk is not a top 10 quarterback in this league and he's now over 30.

While I am glad we did not sign him to a long-term deal for megabucks, I wish we had traded him to Cleveland for that #1 pick back in 2016.

Well, it occurred to me when ESPN was talking about quarterback salaries and the limits of the cap.

Their other examples were guys like Rodgers, Watson, Wilson, etc.

But these guys are all successful performers.

Cousins to me was one of the lowest value for dollar deals around given how many free agents left the Vikings due to the cap and how few successful moments he has had.

Craziest thing... I must've gotten absorbed responding chat or been otherwise momentarily distracted, but after predicting Riverboat would try a trick play in this game, I completely missed it. When I saw references to it in chat, I thought it was a joke, only to find out this morning, that actually happened.

How on Earth did I miss that? :insane:

I dont like Russell but this is kind of interesting... not sure why it's a point to be made unless it's just Russell trying to stir the pot

If indeed a meeting is happening to clarify plans of the QB, that's not exactly my favorite thing to hear... You would prefer Snyder not need clarity, but he is the owner so he may just want to know there is a plan in place? This easily could be interpreted as meddling.

I know what you mean - in a healthy organization something like this would be superfluous. But there's Snyder's history. Rivera knows Snyder's propensity to meddle and intimidate and he's making it clear that he and his folks will make those decisions. At least that's how I interpret it.

Snyder is still wearing egg over the Haskins fiasco.

Rivera is able to pull a guy studying for finals at Old Dominion and he goes toe to toe with Tom Brady while Haskins literally ran away from the stadium after his last game and went home to hide.

Gutless.

I half wondered if Haskins was watching the game....and if so, did you go...damn....is that how it's supposed to look?

So in my drunken excitement at about 0130 after we beat Philly I ordered this.. got here today

Attachments

• 20210111_152702.jpg
    20210111_152702.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Om

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 1, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.