• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Another key factor is our team has NEVER been able to maximize talent from a player., especially at QB. It’s as if a player success with Washington it’s in spite of the coaching.

Very true, but outside of MAYBE Brad Johnson and Kirk Cousins, Qbs have left here and not exactly been successful. Gus Frerotte hung around a little bit, but was never really an impact player.

Here in MN it’s safe to say the majority of Vikings fans loathe KC. But I see your point tho, management stepped in to screw those 2 up when the coaches didn’t. It’s like this team covers all bases to ban success since Joe Gibbs. All facets are in play

Jim Hannifan, former Redskins OL coach, has passed away.

Awesome OL coach!
How fortunate as a franchise to go from Buges to Hannifan.
His unit in 91 gave up 9 sacks all season. Will that record ever be broken?

RIP to what alot of former players call a great coach and a great human being as well.

13 years ago today we lost the best safety we have ever had....and possibly going to be the greatest ever.

Very true, but outside of MAYBE Brad Johnson and Kirk Cousins, Qbs have left here and not exactly been successful. Gus Frerotte hung around a little bit, but was never really an impact player.
Trent Green ultimately had a very productive career with the Chiefs.

He was the very first interesting QB I saw. Frerotte was the first QB I saw...and the heatbutt celebration....I was literally a child when that happened. Frerotte immortalized himself with that.

Trent Green ultimately had a very productive career with the Chiefs.

He was the very first interesting QB I saw. Frerotte was the first QB I saw...and the heatbutt celebration....I was literally a child when that happened. Frerotte immortalized himself with that.

we're still talking about a very small percentage of former Washington QBs that go on to be successful, and NONE have gone on to be 'elite'.

we're still talking about a very small percentage of former Washington QBs that go on to be successful, and NONE have gone on to be 'elite'.
Not disagreeing with your general point.

Green was done in by the lack of longevity, having only had 5 surefire productive years, with 3 consecutive years that could be argued elite, but only Kansas City fans of that time could form a substantial opinion beyond being the runner up in passing yards 3 seasons in a row.

Rumor is the cap will stay the same according to this tweet... even if it does, we're in a good place and some of our closest competitors are going to be hurting big time this offseason.

Winning in Pittsburgh was a GREAT win. Regardless of what the rest of the season brings, Rivera now has this young group really believing in itself. When a coach can establish that, he will have guys run through a wall for him. This should pay huge dividends for this group a year or two down the road. I am excited to see this process unfold.

I do have to point out a few things that I really want to see them improve on.

Stop falling behind early and having to dig your way out! Good teams won't let off the gas and we won't always be able to overcome 10-14 point deficits.

Smith has to let the deep ball go. The dink and dunk is getting exposed and Smith looks indecisive.

Moses needs to go back to LT. I think he went over to RT to block Watt...but, he had the same issues he has always had there. Penalties and injuries.

Cam Sims MUST be put in a higher role with the team. He does the things he did last night every time hes given a chance. Steven Sims should be demoted and Cam should be in his spot. Size, speed, and good hands. thats literally what you want!

Back to positivity:

Sweat told Big Ben on his first swatted pass something while shaking his finger. He told him! He warned him! Then...he showed him. That tip at the end was magnificent. SilentThreat called it when he said "they've obviously been taught if they can't reach the QB to put their heads up and time a jump"

I had to watch the game on delay on the NFL network. They skipped a few 3 and outs, but I got the gist of it. I did not have a good feeling coming into this game. When the Steelers jumped out in the 2nd quarter, I thought my apprehension was correct. But they kept plugging away and getting stops on defense and before you know it, the game is tied and then they had won. I had both a Steelers and cowboys fan texting me during the game. Both were in disbelief at what was happening. It was great. After the game, I realized the Team beat dallas and pittsburgh, the two most overhyped teams every year, in back to back weeks. Yes, pittsburgh is pretty good this year, so the hype is legit this time, but that makes it all the more sweeter.

Back to positivity:

Sweat told Big Ben on his first swatted pass something while shaking his finger. He told him! He warned him! Then...he showed him. That tip at the end was magnificent. SilentThreat called it when he said "they've obviously been taught if they can't reach the QB to put their heads up and time a jump"

Shout out to BB for the nugget

Don't look now but we're currently 1 game behind Minnesota for the final Wild Card spot.... tied with San Fran (who we play Sunday), Detroit (who we lost to), and Chicago.

We're not only in line to make a run at the division, we could still get a WC spot if we keep up this momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.