• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I'm nerd enough to get it ...

I didn’t even hear about that. When did he get fired?

Fed Ex Field announces: Break A Leg November

Free broken chicken leg to the first 500 through the gate

Bring the whole family!

This team has to have the all time QB leg breakings record by now

I'm going to say something that will most likely be wildly unpopular but I believe it.

I am not sure that Ron Rivera is the right coach for the job. When he came in I was all gung ho that he could get us back to where we wanted to be because of success he had in Carolina. But, between his cancer treatments (not his fault at all) and the rest of the BS I am not sure he is the guy for the job.

The lack of discipline - coach's fault
the inability to hold on to the ball - coach's fault
losing to teams we should dominate - coach's fault

we are not improving at all. The fact we are on our 3rd QB of the season just makes me feel like last few years with the carousel. We had one QB just fail because of his attitude and lack of discipline, and another one get a freak injury. Now we are back to depending on Alex (whom I love) but his leg is always going to be a question mark.

at this point we are looking at taking a QB in the draft...again. We are still terrible at OL...again. We have contracts coming up and people we actually do want to sign that have had very little negotiations...and players that just shouldn't be here. Rivera put himself out in front for the most part in the offseason and we are as bad as I can ever remember us being.

I think Ron Rivera is a solid human being. I’m not 100% sold he is a great builder of teams or coach. Om and I discussed this very thing this weekend. He seems to me to be all over the place in terms of the direction of the team. We’re rebuilding, we’re competing for the division title, Haskins is a mess, Haskins still has a future... he can’t seem to verbalize a consistent message. I give him a lot of leeway given everything he’s had to manage, but when you see the team continue not to even show up and be competitive against bad teams, it’s a fair question.

I totally believe as a human he is top notch. this is nothing personal on my behalf. I have followed Ron since he was in San Diego.

This cesspool really was too bad for pretty much anyone to come in and cleanup, but a lot of these guys aren't even playing basic football very well. Stuff that should have been ironed out before getting to the NFL. Why the coaches couldn't correct a lot of this with two weeks of prep after half a season... I don't know what to say.

He seems to me to be all over the place in terms of the direction of the team. We’re rebuilding, we’re competing for the division title, Haskins is a mess, Haskins still has a future... he can’t seem to verbalize a consistent message.
This times 100.
As a long suffering fan, I watch alot of old games via youtube to remember what it was like to win.
When it came to Joe Gibbs and his players, the one thing most players remarked was that his message never changed..even at 0-5, he kept preaching the same things.

Rivera's seems to change weekly. Got to be confusing as hell if you're a player and how does the team ever gain an identity with an inconsistent message?

This times 100.
As a long suffering fan, I watch alot of old games via youtube to remember what it was like to win.
When it came to Joe Gibbs and his players, the one thing most players remarked was that his message never changed.. even at 0-5, he kept preaching the same things.

Rivera's seems to change weekly. Got to be confusing as hell if you're a player and how does the team ever gain an identity with an inconsistent message?

The message to the MEDIA changes. I would bet that the message behind closed doors with the team has never waivered.

I know we all want to live in the land of the 80s and 90s because those where the glory days, and THAT template is the only one we all have ever seen win.... but this isn't the 90s. There are media requirements, there's social media, Free Agency, coaches make pennies compared to the players they need to coach.

In 1981 Gibbs started 0-5. He finished 8-8. There was no Tank for Trevor or whatever else. It wasn't a developmental season, it was win every game you possibly can.

The dynamic now has changed. Rivera is required to talk to the media a certain number of times a week. There is no more 'off the record.' Coaches aren't friends with reporters and team loyalty doesn't sell anymore. Negativity does, so that's what's reported and emphasized. We're also in a town where politics thrives so reporters are conditions to break down and analyze EVERY comment and statement. The Pats are the gold standard and what has Rivera done in a 2-6 season any different than what Belichick has? They are not set at QB, they have a vet bridge guy. Winning is all that matters. They have no realistic chance to make any noise in the AFC but that doesn't mean he's trading Jason McCourty, James White, or Lawrence Guy. He could be playing Stidham now to 'see what he's got' but he's not... why not? Because Cam gives him the best chance to win football games right now. Rivera is the polar opposite in the media than Bill but in reality they're doing the same things. Drafting answer to the media to fulfill their obligations, but their focus is the message sent to their locker room, fans and media be damned.

How do I ‘dislike’ the sticky message about the site coming down?

I hear you brother. And appreciate you :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.