• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

At which point he will clown Goober Gruden for sitting Kabri Bibbs over a love triangle.

Been saying from day 1 we hadn’t seen the last of him.

The last thing Haskins needs in 2020.

Age wise this guy belongs on a contender as a backup not on a 3-13 team years away from that status.

Smith’s presence only increases pressure on Haskins and indeed Rivera at the qb position if we start out with some bumps in assimilating a new season many other changes.

Right now we don’t need the drama.

‘The Redskins are 1-3 isn’t Smith going to get a chance?’

I can just see the media on that now.

Mechanically, his leg should be better than factory equipment. It’s between the ears where Alex might have worries. The team had a winning record with Alex, but I don’t think that Offense was scaring anyone.

Awesome story.

I can't believe Alex even wants to play. With his money, he can retire or go into coaching etc.

But more power to him!

I’m glad he is healthy, but it’s crazy he wants to play again. I don’t know if it’s in his best long term interest to play. But as long as he and his family are making that decision, then they can live with it.

I have some family in VA and they have texted me saying that they're hearing the name Mariners going around. Have any of you guys heard this or am I being bullshitted because my favorite baseball team is the Mariners?

One can wonder if it's a good thing for Alex Smith to return to the field in uniform, but given where this team is starting over after 3-13 under a new head coach the team certainly doesn't need the distraction of Smith coming back and constant questions being asked about when or if he is going to get a chance to play.

That is one of the reasons Rivera agreed not to go after Cam Newton, the theory being this year was about developing Haskins and avoiding the ying-yang that occurred last year where valuable time was wasted on career backups in Keenum and McCoy.

Signing the 35 year old Smith to such a lucrative extension was the penultimate mistake that Bruce Allen made, with the last being his refusal to trade Trent Williams for a pick that would help restock the franchise.

My nephew by marriage is from Kansas and we watched the Chiefs playoff games including the one where KC had a huge lead and couldn't score any points in the second half to beat a wildcard Titans team that really was nothing special.

My memory from that game was how average Smith looked under the lights with some adversity when Kelce went out of the contest. Even one touchdown would have ensured the outcome of the game.

Fast forward and that was his last game in KC with Reid deciding to go with the 22 year old Mahomes the following year and trade Smith.

Last edited:
I think it’s going to be a miracle if the NFL is able to pull off a full season using all 32 venues.

Major League Baseball is seeing this first hand with the Marlins situation.

I think it’s going to be a miracle if the NFL is able to pull off a full season using all 32 venues.

Major League Baseball is seeing this first hand with the Marlins situation.

And baseball is a sport that comes with a lot of natural social distancing. Football is the total opposite with linemen in each other's faces, breathing hard, all game long.

I think the NFL is going to have a very hard time.

It started with the NCAA canceling the tournament. Now with the MLB (and looking at The Marlins), the season could be canceled. COVID 19 experts are saying that the second wave of Corona will hit. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA and NFL cancel games for fans or season.

MLB just cancelled series for weekend as Cardinals players test positive.

This is close to being done.

Is MLB just going to crown a series winner after playing a further reduced schedule of say 45 games?

It’s not legitimate season.

I don’t care everyone starts 0-0. That’s a cop out.

After seeing the Nats having to play 180 plus games to win a title in 2019 any team winning based off a 30% season is BS.

People questioned the Redskins after winning in strike season but even then the club played more than 60% plus of its regular season.

It started with the NCAA canceling the tournament. Now with the MLB (and looking at The Marlins), the season could be canceled. COVID 19 experts are saying that the second wave of Corona will hit. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA and NFL cancel games for fans or season.
First wave has to end for there to be a second one :D

The experts are not really talking about their being a second wave, they see this as a constant thing until it has either died from us taking consistent proper steps for long enough, or an effective vaccine is created. Infections get worse when restrictions are lifted, go down when the tighten up.

Activities such as sports are not going to work well unless they are tightly controlled, and the US culture does not allow for that to occur. I don't see this season lasting very long unless there is a treatment breakthrough.

They should have never started any season for any league because the expectation that nobody can get sick and still allow the teams to play isn't compatible.

IMO it was either let them all get it back in March-April then hope for immunity or just forget about it.
Instead they are all going with unreality and hope for a vaccine that is never going to happen.

Redskins place TE Jordan Reed on the PUP list.
Ok, now it’s August.....

/sarcasm

Baseball’s failure foreshadows the preemption of the NFL season.

The NFL has twice the number of players, social distancing doesn’t go with the sport and the travel will raise risks further.

The thought of going through the draft next year with Washington holding a top 5 pick with its 2-5 record in a shortened season is just too ironic.

Baseball’s failure foreshadows the preemption of the NFL season.

The NFL has twice the number of players, social distancing doesn’t go with the sport and the travel will raise risks further.

The thought of going through the draft next year with Washington holding a top 5 pick with its 2-5 record in a shortened season is just too ironic.

The NFL has a chance to learn from the other leagues, but I doubt they will. The NHL and NBA are seeing greater success with the bubble concept, while MLB looks like it is faltering. Clearly, the baseball players are catching it from outside sources and bringing it into the clubhouse where it is spreading. The bubble concept is having much greater success in isolating the players and keep the virus out. If the NFL wants a season, they will have to follow that model. It’s too late to hope it will just pass, because that’s not how viruses work. If they want a full season, they need to learn from these other leagues that are already out in front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 9, Members: 0, Guests: 9)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.