• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Just a quick weigh in on the DW conversation.

I'm on the side of 'Good QB, Not Great QB' here.

I remember that season, watching it. I never had much confidence in the team when Jay was on the field, and wanted DW playing. There was just an intangible with him for me. I'm not sure whether he made those around him any better statistically, but he always FELT like he was leading the team. Schroeder never felt like he HAD the team to me.

When you think about recent history here at the Skins, we've had QB's that were statistically excellent, but faded when the lights were brightest. Kirk...I'm looking at you.

DW proved on the biggest stage of them all that he could shine under the brightest lights.

Regardless of how great Ricky and Timmy were that game, I have a HUGE questionmark over whether Shroeder could have inspired a rally back from the way Denver dominated us in that 1st quarter. My younger brother at the time was a bit of a bandwagon jumper and had jumped firmly onto the Denver wagon that season. That first quarter had him jumping up and down, while I felt thoroughly depressed and my only consolation thought was that it was only a 10pt deficit. And it was made worse when (if I recall correctly) DW slipped and looked like he injured his knee? (am I mis-remembering that? I haven't seen the game in a LONG time!)

To get up, go back in, lead the team and spark that monster 2nd Qtr... that to me is why he was MVP. Not any showy stats. Simply the toughness and the leadership.

I honestly don't know if the Skins would have won XXII without him. I certainly didn't have any confidence in Shroeder.

Just my two cents.

Knightingale it wasn’t just you that didn’t have confidence in Schroeder. It was the team as well. The America’s Game documentary on that Super Bowl, Jeff Bostic said as much. He wouldn’t say the line didn’t like Schroeder because he was trying to be nice, but he said the line really loved playing for Williams. So there was a leadership quality Doug had that did make his teammates better. Schroeder didn’t have that and his teammates didn’t really enjoy playing with him.

I’m with you that I don’t think Schroeder does as well in that game. And regardless of what Williams did before and after that game, he led the team to an amazing Super Bowl win. The whole team rallied around their leader. Do I wish Williams had more success after the Super Bowl, yes. But he was at the end of his career and his time was up. I have no doubt though that he was the right QB for that team and for that time. Any other QB would not have done what Williams did on that game. Maybe someone else could have led them to victory, but I don’t think they do what Williams did.

These dudes really are monsters in the weight room (referring to Allen squat clip posted earlier). Here's Chase:

The best part of all of Chase's workouts is he consistently does cardio as well.

Plus, working out with Arnold is always a bonus!

The best part of all of Chase's workouts is he consistently does cardio as well.

Plus, working out with Arnold is always a bonus!

It would not surprise me to see A LOT of guys coming back bigger because they've been limited over the last 4 months. Working out has been limited so lifting probably became a bigger part of their routine.

Here's a thought...

Our O-line looks... terrible.

But...do you think that it'll improve just by virtue that it has to practice and train against our D-line and edge? Surely training against the best has to have benefits for our O-line in that respect?

Another thought...

With this crazy weightlifting competition going on, how long before one of these studs does themselves a serious pre-season injury trying to one up the other?

Where are the videos showing Chase Young studying the playbook? Clearly, he is not taking his role seriously and will probably fail. :)

It would not surprise me to see A LOT of guys coming back bigger because they've been limited over the last 4 months. Working out has been limited so lifting probably became a bigger part of their routine.

He'd make a helluva tight end :) I vote we make him the first 2 way player in 30 years.

It's like saying 'Candyman' three times...

Guice just did 585 5x on Instagram.

Kid has a great attitude, heart, and desire. I just hope his body keeps the same mentality this time.

I think Guice is damaged goods and his next serious injury is almost a foregone conclusion. I know that's not a popular take, but he hasn't been able to stay on the field more than a handful of games so far. Hard to see that changing especially with his violent, seek out contact running style. I admire the kid's toughness and attitude, I just get the feeling he's going to turn out like Jordan Reed and never see his full potential at the most physically punishing position in football.

Would love to be wrong.

I think it is, too. I think of Grant Hill and how he came out booming but his feet just kept giving him issues until he was just a shell of who he was.

I would love for us both to be wrong. He is a great dude. Hopefully this can be just that he had bad trainers and the coaches didnt use him right.....hopefully

Marshall was very adamant about not wanting black people to play in the NFL and the last owner to have a black man on his team. I am not sad its gone at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.