• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I think Sims blows up this year. Don't know about Harmon, but with McLaurin and Sims we are in good shape. Just look at some of the routes Sims ran last year, he was destroying DBs.

I think Sims blows up this year. Don't know about Harmon, but with McLaurin and Sims we are in good shape. Just look at some of the routes Sims ran last year, he was destroying DBs.

I really want to use him the way KC used Tyreek Hill early on.... then use Gibson the way they used Kareem Hunt. Move them around, swap them in and out of the backfield. Find ways to get them the ball and let them work.

Ironically....

WR guru David Robinson has been working with Steven Sims and sees him as the next Tyreek Hill. Plus an update on the future of Dez Bryant, Jordan Reed and Antonio Brown.

Tailgate Ted has some sage advice for smoking a brisket

and big nod to Tailgate Ted!

Whether you agree, disagree or could care less there will be kneeling during the national anthem this season.

Yeah I’m hoping the NFL just doesn’t cut into a game until AFTER the anthem is played then.

Yeah I’m hoping the NFL just doesn’t cut into a game until AFTER the anthem is played then.
Isn't that normally the case except for playoffs? I don't really recall seeing them showing the anthem on TV during the regular season, just during the playoffs.

Isn't that normally the case except for playoffs? I don't really recall seeing them showing the anthem on TV during the regular season, just during the playoffs.

My Alaska cable company made sure my fandom was on hold last year so I’ll defer to your viewership.
Once the online pics & reporting on the kneeling kicks in though Goodell will screw this up even more so, if that’s possible.

It started earlier this week when ESPN pundits were pushing "we owe Crapperdick an apology".

And the country burns. We all know where this is headed.

Kaepernick received an out of court settlement from the NFL for not filing a collusion lawsuit.

So, the calls to be ‘fair’ to Kap by having an NFL team sign him as a $1M backup for 2020 doesn’t seem to be consistent with the facts.

Now the NFL could hire Kaepernick to a league position for advocacy. But no one seems to be talking about that.

What to me is troubling is that people are in the streets, innocent small business owners -many of them African-American - have had their families’ livelihoods put at risk due to looting and rampant hooliganism and the only public voices are athletes.

This nation’s politicians of both parties have mostly been tourists to current events rather than stepping up to be leaders.

I just received an email from my congressman affirming how awful Floyd’s death was, yada, yada.

He is more than a week late and in the social media age that’s like being decades behind the curve.

Kap was offered a contract by the Ravens. they were working on a contract when his GF posted that picture of Django talking trash.

He was not "blackballed", he refused to be a back up and refused contracts. Several if I recall.

He brought drama and problems with him everywhere he went. Pig socks, terrible play, etc.

I have no issues with kneeling and bringing awareness if that is what the message is.

It's America. Freedom of speech and expression is at the core of our constitution and should be protected especially when it is unpopular. The NFL, likewise, has the right to determine what to do if/when players elect to engage in workplace behaviors they either permit or don't while on the clock. And of course, consumers can also make their own decisions. We will see mass expression of protest in coming seasons. I think this is an unfortunate manner of expression, only because regardless of intent, it is offensive to so many. I don't believe we should try to muzzle or punish peaceful protest, especially not in the current environment. No one is hurt by players taking a knee. One doesn't have to like it but players have the right to express themselves just as we all do.

We are allowing these conversations to a degree folks because you can't talk about the NFL or the Redskins currently without acknowledging the impact of COVID and/or racial tensions. But I will shut it down if we can't converse civilly and with respect for varying opinion.

I have no issues with players that want to kneel.
I disagree with you, but respect your willingness to share it with us. You have a different perspective than many of us, so you'll see it differently.

I will simply ask if you think Jim Brown was a bigger advocate for black athletes, and Americans as a whole, or Coilin Kaepernick?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 9, Members: 2, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.