• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Happy Birthday Sean Taylor!

it always amazes me how affected I am by the loss of a young man I never met...probably the thought of such wasted talent, to such a senseless, fluke tragedy.

There are those movies you just can't turn off if you start watching...this is a TV show, but it's one of those for me.

one of my favorites: 39 (Frampton) talking shit to Sean pregame thinking he is going to do something.

OOPS!! Someone didn't think to keep their head on a swivel!

Everyone always says "If Sean played now he would be fined and suspended" Look at these "top 5 hits". Every single one of them is shoulder first. He just hit people so freaking hard it looked like it couldn't have been legal

Anyone know how ST's wife and child are doing at this stage in their lives?

That's one of the TRUE Redskins greats ever right there. RIP.

This guy photoshopped Young in a skins jersey. I think he did a damn good job.

Reactions: Om
Was telling my wife and stepdaughter last night that for context, Bobby Mitchell was much more than another great football player ... he was the Redskins' Jackie Robinson. That resonated.

Godspeed Bobby.

Only issue I have with the article...

‘Even with all that said, it’s hard to imagine Allen beating out Haskins, another Maryland native in which the Redskins have already made a huge investment.’

I think that’s 100% wrong. If you read Rivera’s comments from yesterday, it’s entirely possible that Allen beats out Haskins. He has a huge advantage with knowledge of the offense and more starting experience, not to mention Rivera has trust in him or he wouldn’t have traded for him. Haskins? Rivera didn’t pick him, and he’s not ‘invested’ in him.

So here’s MY question.

Does anyone think Kyle Allen is a long-term franchise-changing QB? I certainly don’t, although I do think he’s a very talented youngster. If this same guy is even money to beat out your 1st round draft pick to be the starting QB - what does that say about Haskins?

And if Rivera is convinced Allen can beat out Haskins, how do you sit there with Tua available at pick #2 and NOT pull the trigger on a guy who almost certainly is better than either of the guys you currently have and who could bethe kind of QB who transforms a franchise?

The best college players are still only 50/50 shots at the top of the draft. Tua's college career is worth nothing at this point, compared to either Haskins or Allen.

Pro stats vs No stats.

There’s a big difference between saying ‘there are no guarantees a college star will be that same player at the NFL level’ and ‘______’s college career means nothing’.

It means everything - because it’s all anyone has to go on Ax.

Neither Haskins nor Kyle Allen have proven a thing yet, any more than Tua has. Other than health risks which no one can really be sure of, I’d say the chances of Tua, one of the best college QBs in modern history, being a bust are almost zero. We’re not talking about Mitchell Trubisky or Josh Rosen here.

Hey, he could be the next Peyton. Or the next Couch.

College careers are just that. Every single year there are projected stars, at all positions, who are total busts. There is no formula to avoid it. Also every year, there are players who's college career deemed them not worthy of being drafted until late day 3, or not at all, who go on to be all-pro future HOFers'. College stats and accolades are nice and all. But they fall way short of determining who will make it in the NFL.

Hey, he could be the next Peyton. Or the next Couch.

College careers are just that. Every single year there are projected stars, at all positions, who are total busts. There is no formula to avoid it. Also every year, there are players who's college career deemed them not worthy of being drafted until late day 3, or not at all, who go on to be all-pro future HOFers'. College stats and accolades are nice and all. But they fall way short of determining who will make it in the NFL.
I generally agree. But there are also certain players (Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, etc...) whose skills and leadership abilities are so well documented that they are almost certain to be impact players at the NFL level. I believe Tua is that level of player.

Yes - there are no guarantees. But some QBs are much more at risk for being busts and others are far more likely to have their skills translate at the NFL level. I think Tua is as close to a sure fire NFL star as we’ve seen in years.

I like Haskins and he may turn out to be a fine NFL QB, but personally I think when we likely pass on Tua, it may be a decision we rue for years to come.

Ryan Leaf
Jamarcus Russell
Tim Couch
RG3

all top picks with really good college careers.

Tom Brady
Kurt Warner

all mediocre college careers....and either in the hall of fame, or going as the greatest ever in to the HOF.

I dont think there is much translation from college to pros outside of arm strength and ability to learn. it more depends on the coach and OC he gets, how many he gets, and ability to adapt and learn quickly.

Reactions: Ax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.