• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I only partially agree. If they have to treat him as a WR - and put a corner on him - that's going to open things up for the WRs on the field, whether they have to worry about him as a blocker or not. We are talking about Sims as if he's some shrinking violet. As I recall, he's pretty physical after the catch so I am not certain he cannot be an adequate blocker. He was supposedly a strong blocker at Alabama and played ST for us his first year. I agree it's a huge plus if a TE can block - but for different reasons than you. I don't want teams being able to guess if it's a passing down or not based on which TEs are on the field. As far as the OC finding ways to get mismatches regardless of position - Sims currently is at best a project at WR and won't get much playing time. Move him to WR and (if it turns I'm right and he can play effectively there), he's suddenly a major contributor.

Chances are, this will never happen. I just wish we'd think a little more out of the box, because you can see that Sims has some real talent and it's a shame to not find a way to use him.

I’m hoping Miami wants the #2 pick more and more every day. Adding one of the Alabama wr’s and a 1st round LT would do wonders for the offense.

Skins traded for backup Panthers QB Kyle Allen for a 5th round pick.

NLFN will air 'A Football Life' episode on former Redskin Jerry Smith tonight at 5pm EST for those looking for something good to watch while you prep dinner :)

NLFN will air 'A Football Life' episode on former Redskin Jerry Smith tonight at 5pm EST for those looking for something good to watch while you prep dinner :)
I've seen that one, too. When he retired he'd caught more TD's than any TE in NFL History.

Quality control. That’s hilarious.

When I saw that he got a Kentucky job, I assumed it was as a DC, so I thought, "Wow, that's quite a demotion from Pro DC to College DC"
And now they're saying it's "Quality Control" ?
Even in the NFL, a Quality Control can be an entry level position for an ex-player...but quality control in college ?
Sounds like a job that any college grad could get.
This all tells me, we should expect a HUGE jump in our defensive "quality" this year.

Come on guys - not like he kidnapped one of your family members. Why take joy in someone else’s misfortune - it’s bad karma.

I will always remember greg Manusky as a hard nosed LB who won a Super Bowl with us. HIs coaching?

Come on guys - not like he kidnapped one of your family members. Why take joy in someone else’s misfortune - it’s bad karma.

I don't know if anyone is taking joy in his misfortune. I think most of us are wondering if Kentucky actually did any research on his performance with the Redskins as a coach. The reality is coaches always seem to find new jobs. Even Joe Barry and Jim Haslett got other jobs doing something. There is a niche that Manusky is probably really good at. Maybe it's coaching linebackers or some other position. But D coordinator was too much job for him. I mostly find this story hilarious just because of the title he has. Quality was not something associated with his defenses with the Redskins.

Ok guys - if you say so :)

When a coach gets fired, it's at some level a humiliation, pronouncement of public failure, etc.. It more than likely means moving. The stress of another job search, almost certainly a giant pay cut, not to mention he may have to pull his kids out of the schools they attend, uproot everyone, and there's really no choice since after a firing chances are you'll have to take what you can get - regardless of whether it's in the location you want or not.

Manusky was, by all accounts, a good guy. I'm sure he wishes things went better in DC too.

When a coach gets fired, it's at some level a humiliation, pronouncement of public failure, etc.. It more than likely means moving. The stress of another job search, almost certainly a giant pay cut, not to mention he may have to pull his kids out of the schools they attend, uproot everyone, and there's really no choice since after a firing chances are you'll have to take what you can get - regardless of whether it's in the location you want or not.

Manusky was, by all accounts, a good guy. I'm sure he wishes things went better in DC too.

This is like hugs and kisses compared to the way twitterers treat players on twitter - and those are directly AT them, for them to read.
It was disgusting to see the comments targeted AT Dunbar on twitter, after he made a positive comment, thanking Washington for his time.
Fans were literally telling him directly to "gtfo".

I'm not going to comment anymore, I stated my opinion, I just think it's harsh. Yeah - it's harsher elsewhere because people suck and forget these people are humans.

Agree on Manusky but any time someone is mouthy and does what Dunbar did, especially just to get their way after barely being available about 50% of their time here and also playing inconsistently, then blowback should be expected. :nana:...I still call Brian Mitchell "Bitchell" over similar things. Plus the contrast is so sudden and striking in Dunbar's case that it makes the final "Thanks for being great statement" lose a BUNCH of its credibility.

Agree on Manusky but any time someone is mouthy and does what Dunbar did, especially just to get their way after barely being available about 50% of their time here and also playing inconsistently, then blowback should be expected. :nana:...I still call Brian Mitchell "Bitchell" over similar things. Plus the contrast is so sudden and striking in Dunbar's case that it makes the final "Thanks for being great statement" lose a BUNCH of its credibility.

Been shifting on Mitchell as well. Runs his mouth too much.

well then...hope he stashed some of the nice cash they were making. he knows this going in and made the choice. I believe some call it a lifestyle choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.