• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Seems to be the sentiment.
I'm concerned that I never hear Pierscbacher's name mentioned.
Is he considered a disappointment ?
I thought he was more a center? Martin seemed to do a good job when he played last year so I'm not disappointed to see him get his chance.

I thought he was more a center? Martin seemed to do a good job when he played last year so I'm not disappointed to see him get his chance.

I was under the impression, that like a lot of Centers/Guards, that he would be a Dual Threat at both positions.
But more of a focus on Guard or competing at Guard, since Roullier is set at Center, and Piers appeared to be his backup.
But maybe the new regime isn't happy with Roullier, and they want to give Piers or a new player a chance to compete there, who knows.

The Redskins front office has been told the league year start and draft are not affected by the Coronavirus right?

Just checking 😀😀

So it's going to be Wes vs. Wes, competing at LG ?
Eh, from what I read, he's just backup material.
And some say we overpaid. But, unless it's more complicated, it looks like his salary averages out to about 4 Million a year.
That's not a whole lot for a backup guard is it ?
Flowers earned less than that last year, as a starter, I think (granted he was an experiment at the time, but still...)

Last edited:
Betting they move Martin to LT and take what they can get for TW. I still wonder if there won't be some kind of mega-deal to bring Diggs to DC and sending TW and future picks or a player to Vikings.... I didn't think it could happen, but maybe it's still a possibility.

Also some rumors going round that the Chargers and Trent are talking.....crazy season folks

Betting they move Martin to LT and take what they can get for TW. I still wonder if there won't be some kind of mega-deal to bring Diggs to DC and sending TW and future picks or a player to Vikings.... I didn't think it could happen, but maybe it's still a possibility.
Wow, that would shock me. Was Martin a LT in college or anything? I assumed We'd is LG and this new guy is backup to both guard spots.

Wow, that would shock me. Was Martin a LT in college or anything? I assumed We'd is LG and this new guy is backup to both guard spots.

Yeah... I'm a little sleep deprived :) Was reacting to NFLN who characterized him as a starter. He 'started' but only because their starter got hurt. He's likely a depth signing at present. Big fella. Who knows what they are thinking at LT - maybe simply betting that TW will have no choice but to suit up for at least the coming year if he doesn't get a grip on salary expectations.

Let's move all the Free Agency talk to the thread I just started guys. Get's lost in these megathreads.

Yeah... I'm a little sleep deprived :) Was reacting to NFLN who characterized him as a starter. He 'started' but only because their starter got hurt. He's likely a depth signing at present. Big fella. Who knows what they are thinking at LT - maybe simply betting that TW will have no choice but to suit up for at least the coming year if he doesn't get a grip on salary expectations.
Based on the salaries so far for much younger very good players he's not going to get anywhere near what he expected.

Instead of moving Martin to LT I’d rather move Scherff there and roll the dice with Piers at G. Scherff wants big $ so let’s put him to the test

Scherff
Piers
Rollie
Martin
Moses

Or some variation of those players. Then draft for tackle depth and hope for the best.

Last edited:
We had $60M in cap space and come away franchising Scherff and resigning Bostic.

Neither one of these players moves the needle for 2020.

Making 2020 a retooling year is fine with me but Rivera talked about competing right away.

That’s not going to happen simply adding Young in the draft and going with the returning cast of characters from 2019.

If the Redskins were hoping to make some strong moves to start the league year they seem to have underestimated the market for talent dollar wise.

It’s going to be a long year for Haskins if we are counting on Atlanta Falcon backup/swing part timer to start here.

Atlanta’s offensive strength has always been its skill players not its OL.

The start to free agency reminds me of the Bruce days - signing spot starters and top backups to modest deals.

Last edited:
a lot of people thought the same thing about Flowers coming to the Skins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.