• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

If it's true it just reflects the same tone deafness Snyder's always displayed. When the overriding perception of you as an owner is that you are involved in things you aren't qualified to be involved in, and by doing so have ruined a once great franchise, probably not a great idea to be sitting in on your new coaches interviews. If you're trying to sell a fan base on the idea that you've learned and that things are changing, not exactly a great way to do it.

Other than Jerry Jones - what other owner would do that?

It's fair to say opinions on this are based on assumption since no one knows what happened or why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

while it's not required yet for assistants I think it's coming down the pipe where the NFL will tell owners they have to sit in on the assistants interview also. They have to sit in on the head coaching interviews or whoever is the principle decision maker for the team.

Ron May have asked him to sit in on those interviews so that down the road Snyder can't say they were sham hires.

I'd actually be upset if Ron felt peer pressure with Snyder having been in the room, but it sounds like he's doing things his way. Doesn't really matter to me the rationale Danny Boy had.

Could be Ron wants Snyder in on these interviews to show him how real football people do things?

It very well could be. I would have no problem with that if he was a quiet observer in the background.

It also could just be that because of the way it ended with Norv Turner that Dan sat in on this one particular interview because he wanted to assure Scott Turner - to get this new relationship started on a positive note.

It also could just be that because of the way it ended with Norv Turner that Dan sat in on this one particular interview because he wanted to assure Scott Turner - to get this new relationship started on a positive note.

I think this is the most likely explanation as well - and that would be a positive rationale.

Late to the party on this one, but given Ron by all accounts really is calling the shots right now, I'm thinking Dan was in the room for that one interview because Ron wanted him there, not because Dan decided to invite himself where he might not have been welcome. Not a month into the new coach-centric dynamic being built brick by brick at the moment.

We're still in honeymoon mode ... Dan may be many things, but I can't believe he'd cause friction at this stage by forcing this issue.

Absent more and clearer indications Dan is "meddling" again already, I agree with the notion that this one hire is/was a bit delicate. Given the buzz about KOC (oh no, we're losing THAT wunderkind too?!), plus the fact ST's daddy was The Norval and all the lingering weirdness about that vibe, I'm comfortable Ron wanted Dan in the room to make it clear this call was the right one and that all are on board.

I think we all have a little bit (maybe more than a little bit) of PTSD going on ...

What has happened to us? It is just January and we are already predicting doom and gloom. Relax, have a hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. I am going to be 110% behind Rivera and his coaching staff.

I think this season will be better.

Could last one have been worse? 😳

If Gruden had remained HC we would have gone 0-16

What has happened to us?

142-193-1

For the record, I don't really care about this latest thing. Given the history between Snyder and Norv Turner, there could be any number of reasons for Snyder to sit in on that particular interview, and not all of them are bad.

But that's the rub. One thing, one incident, one policy ... that means nothing at this point. What matters is how things shake out in the long term. Let's see where we are in three years. I'm not particularly optimistic, but that's because of what our track record suggests, not this.

I understand, Henry. 20 years of Snyder has made us all a little cynical. I am betting on Rivera being a strong enough person to keep Dan in check.

What will "keep Dan in check" at this point is clear on-field evidence, over the next 2-3 seasons, that a hands-off, coach-centric approach from the owner is working. Ron Rivera has a chance to make this thing work, his way. But there will definitely be a window, both for the owner and for those of us watching from the outside.

We'll all know, in 2-3 years, whether or not the program has stopped the bleeding and is operating like a professional franchise capable of contending given the right combination of personnel acquisition, competent quarterbacking a good old fashioned luck.

That's when the rubber will meet the road for Dan. Will it be enough for him to own a contending franchise, or will he feel the need to "be involved" in football matters to the extent it starts to cause damage again?

Yep, close by to golf and bikini clad girls.

JAX is paying Gruden an advance retirement pension 😉

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.