• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Evidently Rivera was key in Carolina drafting McCaffrey where they did and also wanted to upgrade their WR corps by going after Cobb and other free agents which to FO refused to do.

I don't think he discounts offense or being up to date using RPO and other college concepts that have come in the NFL.

Time will tell BD. All of us learned to be patient pver the last 20+ years - so I can wait a bit longer to see how he orchestrates the team and offense come gametime! My guess is that he hands the offense responsibility off, in large measure, to the OC. Hence, the importance of that decision.

Can he bring #59 with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad Snyder didn't hire Rick Smith as team president and turn the organization over to him.

Yeah, I gotta admit...I am happy for Kirk. I am not going to become some big Kirk Cousins fan or anything, I like Zimmer so I don't mind seeing the Vikings win. But Kirk has gotten over a huge hump and proven he was right as a rookie when he said he feels he can be a winning starter in this league.

Yeah, I gotta admit...I am happy for Kirk. I am not going to become some big Kirk Cousins fan or anything, I like Zimmer so I don't mind seeing the Vikings win. But Kirk has gotten over a huge hump and proven he was right as a rookie when he said he feels he can be a winning starter in this league.
Yeah, I'm happy for Kirk as well. I really think if we had been able to sign him back in 2015, we'd be in much better financial shape.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Good for Kirk. He finally was clutch in a high pressure moment for one time in his life. Now he has matched the illustrious Case Keenum in winning a playoff game for the Vikes. We'll see if he can do one better.

I'm still glad he is no longer here - though idiot Bruce handled the thing wrong. If he was still here, we'd still be in the 7-9/8-8/9-7 purgatory. Dan would still think "we are close". Which would have meant challenging for the sorry NFC East this season, and Jay and Bruce would STILL be here. So, in the end I'm glad Kirk is gone, cause at least now, the loser coach and front office guy are gone.

I'm not glad or sad Kirk is gone. But I wish him no ill will. He got out for good reason, and he's proving he can succeed on a team that's not a train wreck. Like Enforcer says, good for him.

I was all in on Kirk when he was here. He was one of the best QBs we had during my adult life and I think a lot of the ill-will he's gotten since leaving is due to him making it clear he didn't want to be here. Sure, he said 'it's me, not you' but we all know the truth. The rub on him has always been his propensity for soul crushing mistakes or failing to deliver in the biggest moments (as we all know). He'll have to do more to completely shed that yoke, but he deserves credit for yesterday's win. He took a game on his back when it was up for grabs, in a high pressure moment, and prevailed. I didn't 'like that', as I really wanted to see the Saints advance, but I'm happy for him.

Btw - am I the only one that absolutely hates the 'team who scores a TD on the opening drive of OT wins' rule. If you're going to go one possession each team instead of sudden death OT, then give them both a chance.

Btw - am I the only one that absolutely hates the 'team who scores a TD on the opening drive of OT wins' rule. If you're going to go one possession each team instead of sudden death OT, then give them both a chance.

Nope, you are not alone at all. Both teams should be guaranteed one possession in OT.

Sorry posted this in the wrong thread.
Thought it was in the thread about the OT rules.
I have mixed feelings about it, and could see it either way.
The way I see it, is that neither team is guaranteed a certain number, minimum number, or equal number of possessions as the other team, in the first 4 quarters, so why should it be different in the 5th quarter ?
Why play by drastically different rules in the 5th quarter than the previous 4 ?
Also, it's a step in that direction of equal possessions, because with the old rules, it was even more restrictive, when a FG on the opening drive would win it.

But in summary, I like the current rule, when it causes my team to win, but I don't like the rule, when it causes my team to lose :)

Last edited:
Folks always counter with 'Well - if the opposing team can't prevent a touchdown, they don't deserve to win'. That's an absolutely stupid POV since it's just as possible that had the other team won the coin toss, THEY may have scored a touchdown. Since the goal of the game to begin with is to have the best team on that day win the game, having a coin toss have such a huge impact after 4 complete quarters have been played is ridiculous.

The NFL either needs to give each team a possession, and do that as many times as needed for one team or the other to prevail, or they need to play a full extra quarter to determine a winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.