• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I hate to see it...this young man had the world in his hands and actually had me rooting for Bama at times. As it stands, he may not ever see the football field again. The NFL needs to change the rule from 3 years out of high school to 2. These kids have no choice but to play an extra year when some would be drafted at the top of the 1st round making millions, but are forced back into the NCAA for nothing more than a possible career ending injury. If nothing else, make it possible for them to enter the NFL at 20 years old...as it stands some 20 year olds can.

Jim Nagy
@JimNagy_SB
·
2h
Hearing Tua Tagovailoa's hip injury is serious. Hip fracture. Similar to Bo Jackson's career-ending injury. Surgery tonight or tomorrow morning. Praying for Tua and his family.

Last edited:
Wonder if Parcells is available to instill some toughness back into these bastards?

Not sure if many of you follow John Keim on Twitter, but I often find his analysis and video clips interesting. Not sure if this will show the whole thread, so will put in specific tweets.

Makes you wonder how much Callahan's o-line expertise is raw talent based. To me the ONLY line player that's played consistently dominant since his draft was Trent. Hell Im not even talking about pro bowl level here, just consistently decent and nobody stands out imho.

Take Geron for example, he couldn't even crack the lineup with the horseshittery we currently rock for the line and dude's been here a few years now.

There's no doubt we need new position coaches across the board, but how much of that is the player vs bad coaching?

Makes you wonder how much Callahan's o-line expertise is raw talent based. To me the ONLY line player that's played consistently dominant since his draft was Trent. Hell Im not even talking about pro bowl level here, just consistently decent and nobody stands out imho.

Take Geron for example, he couldn't even crack the lineup with the horseshittery we currently rock for the line and dude's been here a few years now.

There's no doubt we need new position coaches across the board, but how much of that is the player vs bad coaching?

I've thought this for a while. I didn't want to believe it, but I have doubted Callahan's reputation as an offensive line coach. If memory serves me correctly, when he was stripped of play calling duties in Dallas, their offense got better. I also believe their offensive line got better. Yes, the players drafted helped that, but him leaving and them getting better in those areas aren't unrelated. We certainly aren't seeing stellar offensive line play with his unit the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Kel, he just hasn't inspired ‘great o-line coach' to me during his tenure with the skins. Our next HC is extremely important, but the position coaches are a very close 3rd place right after the coordinators.

Fingers crossed our new GM has a superb pulse on who to obtain in those areas.

Gruber and Manusky have tainted the well so bad that we should chuck em all.

I hated to see that useless victory yesterday, but I'm glad that no one got seriously injured.

Hopefully we can get back on track with losing out against the Panthers this weekend, who are favored by 10 points.

Im at the point that seeing a very high draft pick we can parlay into several others is more appealing than beating a bad lion team, but in reality this is nice to see...

I really couldn't care less about a #1 overall pick. Brucie would screw it up, anyway or draft a kicker.

Not sure which forum is best for this. The article makes me think of Snyder so posting here.

Any of you subscribe to The Athletic? I just started the trial and have to admit l'm loving the writing so far for my teams and general sport afflictions. ������

Posting an excerpt from an article on Jerruh after their loss yesterday and his comments on coaching.

Link to full article.
https://theathletic.com/1408877/201...he-coaching-but-he-should-be-blaming-himself/

Jerry's frustration with the coaching is a reflection of him — in part because he wants a coach who will do what he wants, what he says, and who will always comply with his organizational structure. Jones was probably sitting in his owner's box yesterday saying to himself “if Bill Belichick was coaching my team, we might be undefeated, and if Garrett was coaching the Patriots, they might be 4-7.” You had to think that thought crossed his mind because the entire Cowboy nation of fans was thinking the same thing. That thought is one thousand percent wrong. Anyone who believes that does not understand what occurs below the surface when Belichick is preparing his team for a game or the season. The attention to detail, the hard practices, the demanding coaching are all part of the Patriots' culture—which requires Belichick to control the roster, the coaches, the narrative about the team, and most of all, the team's environment.
Belichick wins in large part due to the culture he has established; meanwhile, Jerry could care less about culture. How could he? He learned how to run the team from Al Davis, the former owner of the Raiders, who, like Jerry, believed great talent will always prevail. Talent alone worked for Al in the 1960s and '70s, but as football strategy moved from checkers to chess, with some coaches like Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs and Bill Walsh being grandmaster chess players, talent alone could never prevail. A coach has to make the talent better; a coach has to demonstrate value. If coaching salaries continue to rise, the value of the coach becomes paramount. Davis was not a fan of paying big money for coaches; he wanted to groom young coaches, teach them his way, then reward them for their work. Jerry is different than Davis in that he will pay top dollar for his coach. Being the smart, successful businessman that Jones has always been, he must be asking himself, ‘what benefits do I receive from paying top dollar to Garrett?'

Two years ago, I nicknamed Garrett “The Clapper” because it was apparent to me that all he does is clap. His impact on the team is non-existent; in a sense, he does not impact the offense, defense, or the kicking game. The television cameras are always showing him, yet he never looks at the Microsoft Surface to examine what happened in the game; we never really see him looking at the play clips, huddling with the players during a break in the action, or scanning a call sheet, and we never even really see him needing to cover his mouth because he rarely speaks. The television people don't have to look for him as he is always in the same spot. Also, I don't think I've ever heard any player say, “Garrett made me better, he showed me how to play the game.” Nor do I notice any variances in his schemes from game to game, which would demonstrate Garrett's involvement.

Last edited:
Be honest, we know you gave the same hug to your puppie dog after that win !
And that puppie is one of the "Us" in your BGO name

The team sucks too bad to celebrate any wins for the rest of this season. If you ever own a Saint Bernard you'll see that they demand hugs and pets regardless of the situation at hand, lol.

The team sucks too bad to celebrate any wins for the rest of this season. If you ever own a Saint Bernard you'll see that they demand hugs and pets regardless of the situation at hand, lol.

I completely disagree! I was happy to see that the young guys have some passion and want to win, no matter what their record is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.