• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The real loser there is Oakland. They gave up multiple draft picks and a signing bonus they have to carry.

New England gave up nothing for Brown and with a one year deal is expendable if things don't work out.

Plus it seems that no matter what happens New England always seems to have a boatload of draft picks come each April and they always seem to have cap room to add a player or make a trade.

I wonder why that is? :victorious:

The difference between us and the Patriots is that players go to NE for a ring whereas players come to Washington to get paid. Anyone could've figured that out!

Mine was more a commentary on the Raiders and the other Gruden.

He could have just kept Cooper and paid him.

So LaCanfora is running his mouth that the Skins are in on a Minkah Fitzpatrick trade with the Phins.

My question is...what would they trade for him?

IMO, need that first to draft a LT and they have no 2nd.....and a tanking team like Miami wouldn't want old guys like Norman or Trent.

Just bunk or do you guys think there's anything to it?

I tend to believe they may at least be in the mix, and that's due to both poor play and health concerns at DB. If they are going to go after an top tier guy, I'd much prefer Minkah over Jalen Ramsey who not only is a diva problem child, but who will want insane money on his upcoming 2nd contract.

Just about every team out there is rumored to be interested in these two though.

Guess there's two ways to look at it. If we gave up next year's first for him, not much different than getting him in the first round (we just lose a single year of rookie contract). On the other hand, that would leave us with no 1st or 2nd round pick. Ramsey getting into the trade mix might help us as he's probably considered the bigger talent. Maybe they'd take Josh Norman and a 3rd for him :)

Haven't been following this Minkah stuff too much, but did a quick Google search. Are we sure he doesn't have a little diva in him too? Second year player saying he's not happy with his role so he wants out?

I read that Minkah's mother has had more to say about him playing out of position. Maybe the Fins don't want to get rid of him, but getting rid of him means getting rid of his mother, which is what the Fins really want!

Okay barring a miracle post season run by Jay it would seem this is the last season we have to suffer with him as HC. On that note one name that stands out on future candidate lists is Eric Bieniemy. Former running back to facilitate a run game, associated with arguably the hottest qb in the league, and worked with one of the best offensive coaches of all time in Andy Reid. Sounds like a great mentor for Haskins imho

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefs...g-patrick-mahomes-up-after-an-mvp-season/amp/

I think Mike Tomlin would be a strong possibility if the Steelers move on from him.

Very interesting prospect, I would be content with either of those guys honestly

....and worked with one of the best offensive coaches of all time in Andy Reid.
I used to think this for a long time as well. However, the more I think about it, the more I realize I don't think he's a great offensive coach, I think he likes to gamble and play the percentages and put the pedal to the floor from start to finish, and it just so happens that he's had the personnel to make that work for him.

I'd be willing to bet Andy Reid has gone for it more on fourth down than any coach in history. He doesn't just do it when it's short, he does it on 4th and 12, 4th and 26, deep in his own territory, early in a game, it doesn't matter. He plays the odds and the odds say taking constant risks will eventually work out for you more than it won't, because it isn't "the norm."

On that note, I like that approach. It shows he's got balls, which our coaches have lacked for decades.

Minkah to the Steelers for their 1st rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't watched any chief games in a minute but I remember Andy using Westbrook to humiliate the skins on many occasions. Especially on screens, counters and overall misdirection plays. He's definitely aggressive and Lord knows we could use some of that over what's currently occupying our house. Most pieces covering chief players paint Bieniemy with an aggressive style as well.

As Boone mentioned Tomlin “may” become available. I'd have to look it up but Tomlin seems to get discipline out of his players, something else we've lacked under current management. To my knowledge the Steelers aren't near the top of the charts with penalties and MT seems like a MUCH better coach to fit our current roster.

I'd be damn giddy if we could get Tomlin as HC and Bieniemy as OC!

Minkah to the Steelers for their 1st rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Steelers without Roethlisberger. That could turn out to be a top 10 pick. That's a lot the Steelers just gave up for him.

Why is Trent Williams still on this team?

Wtf is Bruce waiting for?

Are they just trying to save money?

**** Pothead Crybaby!

I hope he keeps holding out, accruing fines. Then, 5 minutes before the trade deadline, ship him off to the worst team, with the best offer.

Update:

Daniel Jones named starter going forward for New York Giants.

At 0-2 the clock is ticking on Jay starting Keenum or McCoy.

A couple more losses and the pressure will ratchet up to a high level.

My personal feeling is Redskins should try and trade for Ramsey and then cut Norman.

We can recoup the draft pick for Ramsey by trading Trent Williams.

Big time player personnel moves should wait until the next coaching staff is in place.

Gotta let this gang finish with what they chose.

Beating Chicago is all that matters.

Edit: Ramsey is a head case.

Disagree. Trent's value may never be higher in trade than right now.

Ramsey would be the best cornerback we have had here since Green and Bailey.

Having Ramsey would give this defense a chance it currently doesn't have.

And since Williams is off the roster we aren't talking about any personnel disruptions on that side of the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.