• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Scot said it and Gruden said it too. They all have come out with this as the basic offensive scheme. And drafted for it.

Not only that, but Gruden also said going behind early in games was the prime culprit to losing. The game plans had to be discarded once we went down in the first quarter of games. I've been saying that all along, and Gruden finally came out last week and said it too. (no, he didn't read my stuff).

Can it work? Well, I found it interest that in yesteday's quotes, Gruden said pass protect, run the ball well, and thirdly......get ready for this......he said and "obviously punt when we need to punt." I take that to mean we may be in four down territory more than normal. We'll run for that last yard, not pass.

Gruden also knew RGIII couldn't read a secondary worth a squat and held onto the ball too long, making for a disasterous passing game. so it's not rocket science to change your coaching history from a passing attack to a running based offense.

It's possible, but I'm not sure an off-season with the coach's brother is going to improve Kirk's propensity to throw INTs...especially in this offense.

But, if we go 10-6 with Kirk, I'll nominate him for the pro-bowl and plan on attending Gruden's HOF induction.

How's that for happy talk, eh? :whoo:
You're scaring me. :)

Seems to me if Kirk is going to succeed this season, it's going to be because he made the leap between years 1 and 2 in Gruden's system that the team was hoping Robert would made. Man has nine NFL starts under his belt, 2 the current offense, so there are going to be bumps for sure. But I think we'll know in 2-3 games if he's taken the big step from apparent career backup to reliable starter.

that really seems to be the biggest issue we have with quarterbacks on our team.

" X amount of systems in X amount of years" you are just setting them up for failure

Griffin not cleared yet. On limited duty. McCoy the number two. Per NFL Network.

So, is everyone still at 100% confidence?

I'd say 65% sounds about right.

So, is everyone still at 100% confidence?

I'd say 65% sounds about right.

In your opinion... sure

My OPINION is that he's going to pass his physical by the end of next week and will be cleared to play... purely speculation, but I'm very confident that is what is going to happen. Nothing is 100% other than death... but I'm definitely thinking the chances are VERY good.

In your opinion... sure

My OPINION is that he's going to pass his physical by the end of next week and will be cleared to play... purely speculation, but I'm very confident that is what is going to happen. Nothing is 100% other than death... but I'm definitely thinking the chances are VERY good.

Yeah. He'll be cleared sooner rather than later. And then we'll have to find something else to bitch about.

He'll be cleared soon...they are just being cautious as they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your opinion... sure

I still think the odds are above 50%. But far from great.

For him to come back, I'd assume that whatever issues the doc saw in his last scan would have to be completely cleared up prior to getting the green light.

Maybe they clear right up? Maybe they don't? Who knows with concussions?

Keep an eye out to see if he wears sunglasses at the first game. That would be a bad sign.

"Sensitivity to light" is a phrase we may soon hear about.

I still think the odds are above 50%. But far from great.

For him to come back, I'd assume that whatever issues the doc saw in his last scan would have to be completely cleared up prior to getting the green light.

Maybe they clear right up? Maybe they don't?

Keep an eye out to see if he wears sunglasses at the first game. That would be a bad sign.

"Sensitivity to light" is a phrase we may soon hear about.

He's going to be inactive for a game at 1:00 on a Sunday afternoon.. I don't think the presence of sunglasses would be some ground breaking observation, no offense.

He's going to be inactive for a game at 1:00 on a Sunday afternoon.. I don't think the presence of sunglasses would be some ground breaking observation, no offense.

Then let's see if he's wearing them at his next indoor interview. That would drop the numbers down to 20% for me.

He'll be cleared soon...they are just being cautious as they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure everyone wants to be extremely cautious. The league. The team. RG3. RG2, his wife and all of his family members. Additional time and even additional tests might be necessary.

Then let's see if he's wearing them at his next indoor interview. That would drop the numbers down to 20% for me.

I can agree with that. IF he's wearing sunglasses inside... then the concussion symptoms are not clearing up and it's a concern for now.

sunglasses....that is what we are going to base it all off of now?

it seems like we are just looking for reasons to complain about something now.

sunglasses....that is what we are going to base it all off of now?

it seems like we are just looking for reasons to complain about something now.

Sunglasses inside could be a very big problem in regards to recovering from a concussion

Sunglasses inside could be a very big problem in regards to recovering from a concussion

or it could mean he doesn't want to look at the people/cameras/lights. it could mean he wants to separate himself from the mediots asking all the questions like a lot of celebrities do. it could mean anything. it just seems like we are now looking for reasons to call shenanigans here instead of concentrating on what is happening on Sunday. Griffin isn't speaking, he isn't being a distraction. He is actually being helpful according to Cousins.

or it could mean he doesn't want to look at the people/cameras/lights. it could mean he wants to separate himself from the mediots asking all the questions like a lot of celebrities do. it could mean anything. it just seems like we are now looking for reasons to call shenanigans here instead of concentrating on what is happening on Sunday. Griffin isn't speaking, he isn't being a distraction. He is actually being helpful according to Cousins.

no doubt.. I was speaking towards Griffin getting clearance and what happens with him going forward, and in that context that could be a factor. I'm so ready for this weekend because I'm exhausted talking about him. Unfortunately it's what's being talked about on a very large scale and has clearly overtaken Redskins nation. I'm happy he's taken a step back, and I hope and pray we can get better as a team... regardless of the path. We all have differing opinions about WHAT path that is.. I'm just ready to find it.

Last edited:
I just find it odd how it went downhill in conversation so fast to almost trying to find anything to blame for concussion for whatever reasons.

This week has actually been rather pleasant NOT having every interview focus on Robert Griffin and his 'challenging' career prospects in Washington or elsewhere.

I really think the players are ready to move on from #10 as well.

Whatever Kirk Cousins turns out to be under center, whether a star qb, capable starter or just a placeholder at least he doesn't suck all the air out of a room when he enters it.

He credits other people and you never see him get into a 5 minute discussion of how he feels and what he's thinking about.

He doesn't have diarrhea of the mouth and I am sure Gruden and McCloughan appreciate that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.