• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

It's coming from the Washington Post Mike - not internally or from the NFL, so the 'announcement' is unlikely to have anything to do with selling the team.. Whatever it is, it will portray Snyder and/or the Front Office in as ugly a manner possible. They either have the goods or they don't (I mean, these days, being a Trump supporter is considered a jail-worthy offense). I suspect it's either something like sexual harassment or allegations of financial wrongdoing of some kind. Whether or not it goes to the top or not, we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes 'crimes' start with a newspaper story.

Just another salvo to get the danny to sell. A "toxic culture" is libspeak for "we don't like the way you run things so we're gonna throw a fit" and is punishable by execution these days

Just another salvo to get the danny to sell. A "toxic culture" is libspeak for "we don't like the way you run things so we're gonna throw a fit" and is punishable by execution these days

Snyder will NEVER sell the team.

Wait...

I bet Santos and Mann are facing whatever charges for prostitution/pimping are, along with sexual harassment to boot.

Dan’s a dumbass but I doubt he’s stupid enough to be involved with that. If he was informed back when it was going on tho he better hope he went to the authorities then and the investigation was just now completed or something.

The funny thing is with Rivera and Young in town I am looking to the future not the past.

The same people that want name change resisters to ‘move on’ and progress forward are the ones in the media that still want to lampoon the franchise for past transgressions.

Whatever happened before 2020 I really don’t care about unless Snyder is a Chinese agent or the team was operating an underground drug cartel.

Talking about actual football seems to be next to impossible when it comes to this team. Between the loss of our name, the new name debate, and the looming news story that will cast an even darker shadow on the franchise under Snyder's watch, it is very easy to forget that we have a good core of promising young players at some important positions to grow with. You combine that with a well-respected professional and classy leader in Rivera and maybe there is enough to help us start attaching a bit of pride to this franchise when the footballs start flying again. One can dream big in the midst of a nightmare, can't he?

You forgot 2nd year players at a critical position of need tearing ACLs before a single snap. Let's not leave anything out.

You forgot 2nd year players at a critical position of need tearing ACLs before a single snap. Let's not leave anything out.

That kind of thing is usually just understood and almost a bit of a tradition around here. I thought I could get away without mentioning...😉

skins video ss.jpg

At the end of the day, I personally have my doubts as to if this major news story regarding the inner workings of the Redskins under Dan Snyder will shock any of us here that have religiously followed this franchise.

At the end of the day, we have long known that Dan Snyder has always been a weasel.

If anything, for anyone who had any bit of doubt remaining, the story will ultimately prove how the inability of this team to do any sort of winning for 27 years falls squarely on the shoulders of our incompetant owner.

As an aside, I will say this as well...whatever dirt comes out about our franchise will likely have many other pro sports teams feeling a bit uneasy as well. Do not kid yourself and think this is just a Washington problem if some of what we are beginning to hear is true.

Should be Goober Gruden and Snyder, according to RUMINT concerning Gruden and Kapri Bibbs.

It's coming from the Washington Post Mike - not internally or from the NFL, so the 'announcement' is unlikely to have anything to do with selling the team.. Whatever it is, it will portray Snyder and/or the Front Office in as ugly a manner possible. They either have the goods or they don't (I mean, these days, being a Trump supporter is considered a jail-worthy offense). I suspect it's either something like sexual harassment or allegations of financial wrongdoing of some kind. Whether or not it goes to the top or not, we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes 'crimes' start with a newspaper story.
Yeah, except they could tie in with each other. The sexual harassment issues could cause him to sell, John.

My guess is he ends up selling because of this.

Hard to know although if it's as 'bad' as advertised, that could well happen. I just meant the announcement wasn't going to be about him selling.

No Post story this morning. All of this "Ooo something big is coming" stuff from local media with no story is pretty lame. Anything short of Dan being frog marched out of Redskin Park in cuffs is going to be a letdown at this point.

Yeah, I am getting pretty burned out on that as well.

Just drop the bomb or walk away. This holding shit over our heads is getting tiresome.

I dont doubt that there is a huge "boys club" up in that FO.

Rumor is Bruce Allen is pissed and spilling everything. But, who knows since they wont say shit.

I saw an article "Snyder linked to Epstein flight log" and laughed. Snyder is an egomaniac, a prick, and an idiot...but, tying him to THAT just doesn't even seem like his style. I don't see it. People are trying whatever they can to get a click nowadays.

At the end of the day, I personally have my doubts as to if this major news story regarding the inner workings of the Redskins under Dan Snyder will shock any of us here that have religiously followed this franchise.

At the end of the day, we have long known that Dan Snyder has always been a weasel.

If anything, for anyone who had any bit of doubt remaining, the story will ultimately prove how the inability of this team to do any sort of winning for 27 years falls squarely on the shoulders of our incompetant owner.

As an aside, I will say this as well...whatever dirt comes out about our franchise will likely have many other pro sports teams feeling a bit uneasy as well. Do not kid yourself and think this is just a Washington problem if some of what we are beginning to hear is true.

I have this same feeling. That whatever this big news is, it’s just more of the same old stuff rehashed. That Snyder is an awful person who treats his employees like garbage. Yeah, we’ve known that since year 1 with his vanilla ice cream stunt and him leaving Turner hanging before firing him. We all know the list. I have a feeling it’s more of the same.

On the other hand, more details could come out from that cheerleading scandal and that could be damaging. Like others have said, it just kind of went away a few years ago after coming out. I wonder if there is more to it or if there was something about how it just went away that is about to come out.

The only thing I care about related to this story is that it be bad enough to force Napoleon out of his ownership spot. I guarantee you that the reason this is 'taking so long' is that he's threatening to destroy the Post and anyone involved in this story. That's how he rolls and it's always been how he's rolled, whether dealing with 80 year old season ticket holders who can't pay their bill or any other situation.

I wonder if he is on vacation wherever it was Bulldog said he was because he knows this is coming out and he wants as far away as possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.