• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Question.... Don't 3/4 of the owners have to approve the new name ? Is Roger waiving that rule ? Asking for a friend.

Heck...Snyder and the Riverboat Pilot could opt for the Washington No-Names and use Prince's symbol as the new "name" - the owners will rubber stamp it. They don't want any part of the mob.

Heck...Snyder and the Riverboat Pilot could opt for the Washington No-Names and use Prince's symbol as the new "name" - the owners will rubber stamp it. They don't want any part of the mob.
Pretty much what I expect

Well, with Snyder in the south of France and no experienced team president on hand to organize responses all is left to Ron Rivera who is new to the role of coordinating operations.

So, this is an uncertain time for Ashburn.

Although I would say Ron is not bashful and the front office moves are evidence he is actively working in the building one step at a time to weed out those that need to go.

Ron has WAY too much control and power for someone who has been with the team less than a year and nothing more than a HC.

It is kind of scary.

He's the first grown-up we've had in charge since Gibbs. Our owner couldn't lead us out of a paper bag, and if he could, you wouldn't want him to - so it's a good thing Rivera is there. I hate that someone with no history is the one leading us through the name change debacle. But there's really no alternative.

He has no history with the team, so the name doesn't mean anything to him. that bugs me the most.

Snyder has just rolled over and gone in to full submissive pose showing his belly.

Rivera though is the only team official who has clean hands in all of this and unfortunately we have an owner who has the emotional IQ of a 14 year old boy.

I get it. Have the same issue myself. But the worse alternative is Snyder attempting to navigate this himself. He has no moral compass, his judgment is awful, and he could care less about the fans and history (it's all lip-service). Despite his lack of history with the team, Rivera is his superior in every possible way. He's actually a decent, caring, intelligent human being. He's literally (as Gibbs was) the anti-Snyder.

I like Ron. Always have. Loved the guy when he was a LB coach in San Diego.

I just really don't like the fact that he has so much power with so little history with us. I don't doubt he can do a good job, it's just ridamndiculous

He only has this level of power because Snyder has abdicated responsibility.

This is probably as great a shock to Rivera as to everyone else.

I agree with that. I dont think he came in thinking he was going to be GM. President, and Head Coach within 6 months.

He only has this level of power because Snyder has abdicated responsibility.

This is probably as great a shock to Rivera as to everyone else.
And Snyder is gutless. The man is a billionaire but is too chicken-shit to even get up in front of the media more than once a decade to answer questions about his own franchise. Absolutely gutless.

As shitty as the team was last season we still beat the panthers. The fact that Ron cannot hire anyone outside the panther organization was troubling from the jump imo.

Ron may or may not lead the Pantherskins to better days, but for every Santos firing there’s an Eric Stokes cancelling it out. It doesn’t appear there’s anyone left in the office to point Ron in a different direction of personnel, despite a large NFL & NCAAF pool to chose from.

He's the first grown-up we've had in charge since Gibbs. Our owner couldn't lead us out of a paper bag, and if he could, you wouldn't want him to - so it's a good thing Rivera is there. I hate that someone with no history is the one leading us through the name change debacle. But there's really no alternative.
Had Shanahan been given the control Rivera has been given, I'd bet we wouldn't be talking about Rivera in DC.

Let’s not lose any sleep over Alex Santos. He wasn’t on anyone’s list of top personnel directors in the league.

I am surprised that after the past 10 years with Bruce that anyone would think departures from Ashburn from those days is anything but a net positive.

Belichick regularly grooms scouts and assistant coaches that came to his attention and he had a feeling they fit in with what he wanted to do.

If Stokes and Warren deliver what Rivera wants then they are the right moves. Just because we don’t know them doesn’t make them bad hires.

From the prior front office only Smith seemed redeemable.

I am surprised some others lasted as long as they did.

its sexual harassment or Dan selling the team.

If it was criminal we would know already
someone being fired is not a big enough deal to call it a "bombshell"

Derek and I were talking about it and it seems the cheerleader scandal just disappeared. I think that is what is going on.

Sexual harassment charge against Dan and he sells.

It's coming from the Washington Post Mike - not internally or from the NFL, so the 'announcement' is unlikely to have anything to do with selling the team.. Whatever it is, it will portray Snyder and/or the Front Office in as ugly a manner possible. They either have the goods or they don't (I mean, these days, being a Trump supporter is considered a jail-worthy offense). I suspect it's either something like sexual harassment or allegations of financial wrongdoing of some kind. Whether or not it goes to the top or not, we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes 'crimes' start with a newspaper story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.