• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I don't think Rivera is sure Newton can play at a high level anymore. He hasn't been able to for several seasons. I think it would take major injuries to one or both of our young guys before he'd seriously consider it. I think he sees this as a 'rebuild' and you don't 'rebuild' with 'retreads'. Just my sense of it.
Which one has to infer is playing a part in why he hasn't been signed. Many see our QB situation as uncertain, and there is a little truth to that. If Cam isn't good enough in the eyes of the only real coach he's ever known, then what does that say about Cam's ability?

That and the fact that I think it was obvious to most, the injury bug has settled in. He was once capable of using his physical prowess to make plays happen, he cannot anymore and his QB talent is being exposed.

The only way to solve a rubic’s cube is with sorcery! So...we may have drafted a witch

Last edited:
Curious about how you all feel about Reuben Foster at this point. Me, he's not even on the radar in terms of on-field contributions--this next season or beyond. If and when he is on the field practicing in full pads at full speed, and we start hearing how good he looks over a period of a few weeks, I'll start figuring where I think he fits. Until then he's a mirage.

Does anyone have a different sense?

Honestly, I'd forgotten he was even on the team. *shrug*

Hope the young man recovers and returns to the team. A great story in perseverance against the odds if he does - assuming the re-injury risk isn't the same as Alex's.

At the end of last year Cam couldn’t throw the football down the field without pain.

Does anyone know if he is near 100%?

I think his health is preventing him from finding a job.

If the season starts without fans in the stands, what will the home field advantage be for teams?

(Not that it matters much for the Redskins)

If the season starts without fans in the stands, what will the home field advantage be for teams?

(Not that it matters much for the Redskins)
I don't think it matters to them. They will lose tremendous amounts of money on ticket sales, but they will still make money. They will just add 47 minutes more commercial time to each half.

If fans are not in the stands, expect much longer games. They will be selling as much advertising as possible.

May just have to record games so I don't have to sit through commercials.

I can't even imagine 47 more minutes of commercials...UGH!

Look at the bright side, we can finally have midgets competing at ostrich jousting, and giraffe rodeos during halftime.

Schedules coming out this week, bet ya a $1 we play SanFran first & it’ll probably be a night game.

Better that than playing Dallas in the first month of the season!

We played SF last season. I don't play close attention to this stuff but doesn't the schedule rotate to a different division each season? I imagine the answer is that the NFL still allots a number of games it can set as it pleases? PLus, as bottom feeders at 3-13, why would the Skins be pitted against one of the SB teams? isn't the sked for the upcoming season structured to account for the previous season? i.e., ex ante strength of schedule

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t they usually put the previous SB teams against each other in the opener?

Better that than playing Dallas in the first month of the season!

We played SF last season. I don't play close attention to this stuff but doesn't the schedule rotate to a different division each season? I imagine the answer is that the NFL still allots a number of games it can set as it pleases? PLus, as bottom feeders at 3-13, why would the Skins be pitted against one of the SB teams? isn't the sked for the upcoming season structured to account for the previous season? i.e., ex ante strength of schedule

Yeah we played SanFran last season and our defense was pretty good that game. My reasoning we’ll play them in a prime time game is the whole Trent shenanigans, and it’ll have to be early so he’s healthy enough to dress.

Boone I thought that was what the preseason hall of fame game was, the rematch of the Super Bowl in a sense. IDK I’m probably wrong but anyways here’s our opponents.

2020 Home Opponents: Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Ravens, Bengals, Seahawks, Rams, Panthers

2020 Away Opponents: Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Browns, Steelers, 49ers, Cardinals, Lions

You may be right ... makes sense now that I think about it...

The Hall of Game game normally involves teams with players going into the Hall. I believe that’s done to get more fans to attend. Not an issue this year.

As for the opener, it’s normally the Super Bowl champ opening at home. So the Chefs will open at home against someone. Not necessarily the 49ers of they are on the schedule. Just someone.

It’s possible the Redskins open at SF. It’s also possible they are the second MNF game. I doubt the latter though as I think they would want two west coast teams. Or at least someone not in the eastern time zone. They will get more eyes on the TV that way.

There should be no way that the Redskins would have any Prime Time games.

The league usually doesn't showcase what they believe to be cellar dwellers.

Now that doesn't mean they couldn't be flexed into one if something crazy happens this season.... ;)

This article was written back in January, but a decent little read on our defense. Some of JDR’s quotes tell you how quick the defense will turn around. Hopefully it shows up in our W/L record, I think it will big time.

From that article ...

"While the Panthers were a 4-3 throughout most of his time, they incorporated some odd-front looks," Henson said. "They weren't afraid to have some guys stand up and move around and try to create some confusion."

What's changed since that was written in Jan.? Chase Young. Have this picture in my head of Young breaking the huddle on a 3rd-and-8, lining up with his hand on the ground at left DE, then, once the QB starts his signals, standing up, the remaining DL shifting one way or the other based on the offensive alignment, and Young moving up and down the line looking for the weak spot. When he's found it, he leans in toward the line and snorts sweat and boogers on the poor OG or C who's going to have to take him on.

just rush Kerrigan, Ionnidas, Payne, Allen, Settle, Anderson, Young

ALL AT THE SAME TIME!! JAILHOUSE BLITZ!!

we can run the 7-4 defense!

I think we’re gonna see some crazy variety from our front 7 alignments. After the success that SanFran had it’s probably a lock we run many wide 9 fronts. Our defense will be fun to watch again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.