• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

If you guys get bored check out this guy’s YouTube channel. Pretty sure he’s got a video on every single redskin this season. BTW, Collins can get after it when he’s on his ‘A’ game. Dude’s a beast!

SwayRun21 is his channel

Yea well Mike that was when we had Callahan (arguably the best OL coach) coaching em up. Not so much anymore.

I don’t know who the OL coach is now, but I’ll make my judgement on Callahan after we see what this line is like with someone else. If memory serves me correctly, this offensive line was one of the most penalized in the league. They also got beat way too much on pass protection. Maybe he got more out of them than anyone else would, but I didn’t see Callahan as some magical O Line coach that turned guys off the street into superstars.

I think every player we keep from the last 5 years gets a clean slate, too. The previous coaching staff, and I use that term very lightly, as a group, was one of the worst this franchise has ever survived. Mainly because they were led by one of the worst head coaches we've ever had. Quite possible Callahan suffered as a coach under The Loser, as well. Discipline comes from the head coach. And we all now know, it didn't exist.

I keep hearing about how bad our OL was, and I have to shake my head. What Callahan was able to do with those rag tag groups was actually impressive, especially the year before last down the stretch with the 25 different QB's we had.

And, if he have had complete control, maybe things would have been different. But the mental mistakes happened a lot. Or, at least seemed to. Every guy on the line seemed to screw up at the worst possible times. All of them. I'm not hating Callahan. But the number of penalties, (mental mistakes) were unacceptable.

well....ahem.....this team has not been blessed with an excess of talent for a long time. the media hypes, the coaches praise... and the losing continues. it's early, but so far I don't see that changing much. again...it's early...but the offense looks to remain a mess IMO. who do you think they will bring in as the back-up QB? they really don't seem all that committed to Haskins. suppose Haskins has a good year just the same...but never blossoms into a top QB who can carry a team. what happens when his contract comes due?

In one breath, it's early.
In every other breath, it doesn't matter. We suck. We always will.

"...but so far I don't see that changing much" …..My calendar says it's only March. Where pessimism is a choice.

"they really don't seem all that committed to Haskins".....Pure opinion. You're entitled. But the reality is, if they are committed to him, then what it "seems" like, to those outside the building, is meaningless.

There is so much time to go before we actually see anything that remotely matters.
Smile brother. Have a cigar and a bourbon.

I think there was evidence Gruden wasn't crazy about Haskins - although it may have been much more about feeling Haskins had been shoved down his throat vs. any real issue with Haskins himself or even a belief he didn't have what it takes.

But I haven't gotten any sense from Rivera/Turner that they are down on Haskins in any way. They likely have watched every throw he's ever made on film and I'm sure have thoughts - but we don't know what those are. Now if we draft Tua with the 2nd pick, then yeah, we'll know. All I've heard so far is that they expect him to come out and compete for the starting job. I think Rivera would be saying that no matter who we had on the roster, unless it was a proven Aaron Rodgers type QB.

The wildcard in the QB situation isn't Rivera and what he thinks about Haskins. It's Alex Smith. I think he's going to compete to start and I would be surprised if a seasoned NFL coach went with a guy who is essentially a glorified rookie in a new offense over an incredibly experienced veteran, assuming he is physically ready to play.

during this COVID isolation Tua will not be reviewed by doctors. so, you are going to take THAT risk.

Haskins meanwhile has been working out every single day before this all happened and planned to take the WRs down to Florida to get timing down.

No reason we can't go one more year with Haskins. If we stink as bad again this year Lawrence is there from Clemson.

It all depends on what they believe they have in Haskins. If they are convinced he just isn't a long-term NFL starter and they love an available QB I have no doubt they would draft him. You can't count on having a top 3 pick 'next year' - ever. Look how infrequently we've been there (and one of those times we gave up the farm to move up there).

But they'd have to be 100% convinced Haskins isn't the guy, and I think that's unlikely given how great he looked at Ohio State and his much improved performances down the stretch last year.

it does, but if you are going to ask me to take a risk at 2 with someone you cant have evaluated or go with the kid putting in the work with his teammates...its a no brainer for this season.

it does, but if you are going to ask me to take a risk at 2 with someone you cant have evaluated or go with the kid putting in the work with his teammates...its a no brainer for this season.

They will find a way to do a physical on him (or have their physicians speak to the physicians who've been care for him), probably even view the most recent diagnostic exams, if they are thinking about selecting him. Tom Brady just got checked out. That's a non-issue imho.

They will find a way to do a physical on him (or have their physicians speak to the physicians who've been care for him), probably even view the most recent diagnostic exams, if they are thinking about selecting him. Tom Brady just got checked out. That's a non-issue imho.
Then they are going to break league rules

1584729614710.png

Mike - they are banned from bringing players to their facility. They aren't banned from having physicians check them out or sharing information. Brady literally just went through a 2 day physical eval.

Robotic equipment will do the physical...perhaps.
Just like when the B. Squad is called.

Mike - they are banned from bringing players to their facility. They aren't banned from having physicians check them out or sharing information. Brady literally just went through a 2 day physical eval.
Adam is reporting "its a mystery" and "doctors unable to examine these people on this trip". I know I am not trusting someone's random doctor.

Well, we need a tight end who be a threat in the passing game and I thought Ebron at 27 signed a very reasonable $6M a year deal with Pittsburgh for two years.

A lot of the free agents that signed really big money like Byron Jones and Jake Conklin I would not have wanted the Redskins to go after.

But you see DeAndre Hopkins traded for a song - how can the Redskins NOT get in on that action?

The Redskins offense right now could have its #1 wide receiver and starting TE locked down with reasonable contracts for 2020.

Instead we sat on the sidelines and let other teams get value pickups.

For a 3-13 football team that is looking to improve we signed one potential starter in Kendall Fuller.

Good move, I liked it.

But some of the subsequent deals are solely for backups when we don't have quality starters to play in front of them!

That's putting the cart before the horse so to speak.

You wrongly assume those guys would come here.

You wrongly assume we could have gotten them to come here, for the same price they went, there.

And, had we paid a ridiculous sum to get them to come, anyway, you'd likely be leading the pitchfork brigade down main street.

It ain't Madden. Just because we want them, doesn't mean we can get them.

Unless you yearn for a return to the days of Snyderatto. As so many enjoy bringing up, and then railing against.

Usually

I agree with your primary point that it’s possible we simply weren’t an attractive enough option to convince any of the big time talents to come here. It’s possible. It’s not a fact. It’s also possible that we didn’t aggressively go after some players that could’ve helped us or got outmanuevered - for whatever reason. The Madden jab just sounds silly being thrown at a smart cat like Bulldog.

As always, it’ll be awhile before we know whether they did a good job or a lame one this FA. I’m not that worried about it. But I would love to know what they are thinking at TE though as it is a glaring need which they are doing young Haskins no favors by continuing to ignore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.