• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Man Jordan Reed is still in concussion protocol. The more I think about it the more I'd bet that NO dr will clear him, & the league will probably just say no to him returning anyway. I can see Rivera talking him into retiring now, & I'd respect him doing so

Jordan Reed is still in concussion protocol six months after the injury, per report

Last edited:
Man Jordan Reed is still in concussion protocol. The more I think about it the more I'd bet that NO dr will clear him, & the league will probably just say no to him returning anyway. I can see Rivera talking him into retiring now, & I'd respect him doing so

Jordan Reed is still in concussion protocol six months after the injury, per report
I hate it for him, because he's a phenomenal player. It's just not worth the serious risks to his health to even try to come back at this point.

I just hope he listens to the right people at this point and walks away. The man is 29 years old and has a lifetime ahead of him. He may have already shortened it, and has almost certainly degraded the quality of it to some degree.

Time to adult, Jordan. Let the world remember this Reed....

The right move here is to give him the $1.2M injury buyout under the CBA.

I can't believe for that amount of money we are going to delay and delay on this.

The right move here is to give him the $1.2M injury buyout under the CBA.

I can't believe for that amount of money we are going to delay and delay on this.

Rivera seemingly just started focusing on the roster, with the moves we saw over the last 4 or 5 days. I would imagine a decision is made rather soon on Reed, even if the move is not made public right away. It could go hand in hand with Olsen, which we also haven't heard about since before the weekend.

When can we actually sign Olsen if we go that way? Can they agree to a deal prior to free agency period opening?

When can we actually sign Olsen if we go that way? Can they agree to a deal prior to free agency period opening?
Yes, since he was released he doesn't have to wait until free agency market. Just like Josh Norman is eligible to be signed by other teams right now.

Seven REPORTED concussions is way too many. For all we know it's more. He's playing with his own mortality here and going to wind up a basketcase later in life. Listen to your body and walk away Jordan.

Olsen must want pretty good money because it appears Seattle dropped out of the bidding and the TE is now talking to Washington and Buffalo only.

The TE's on the Bills' roster are a bunch of no-names (like the 'Skins) and are all about the same size. Whether here or there, he'd just about be a guaranteed starter.

I think this is the best move for him at 35 to try and win. It’s possible he wanted more and Seattle walked away to get him to lower his price tag.

I just hope he listens to the right people at this point and walks away. The man is 29 years old and has a lifetime ahead of him. He may have already shortened it, and has almost certainly degraded the quality of it to some degree.

Time to adult, Jordan. Let the world remember this Reed....

The thing that really bothers me that people don't want to talk about, is after it became obvious he was concussion prone, certain teams seemed to blatantly target head shots on him. To me, that's about as sick as it gets.

I agree it 'seemed' that way. However, it's a very violent game. The issue I have with it isn't 'intent' - because it's almost impossible to judge that. On the play that his latest concussion occurred, you didn't need to know intent and it was irrelevant. He was hit directly in the head, a clear violation of the rules, and the player who did it was allowed to continue to play. He was fined after the game. That was it. The NFL cannot miss those calls and the penalty has to include significant lost time and wages (how about a minimum 4 game suspension every time. There would be times when borderline calls were called. But its going to take that kind of degree of penalty to significantly reduce those kinds of hits imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.