• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Favorite picture of mine is one El took of me and my daughter at one of those Skins post draft confabs at FEDEX years ago. Kinda pict that hangs on the wall long after one has shuffled his mortal coil.

That was the draft day party if I recall correctly. We laughed good and hard that day.

That was the draft day party if I recall correctly. We laughed good and hard that day.

You have no idea how much my family loves that photo El! I use it as my thumbnail on all sorts of sites.

You captured a fleeting moment at its apex: that picture has beauty, pride and joy all wrapped into one. Don't know if it was luck, skill or both......but it is timeless for my family.

You have no idea how much my family loves that photo El! I use it as my thumbnail on all sorts of sites.

You captured a fleeting moment at its apex: that picture has beauty, pride and joy all wrapped into one. Don't know if it was luck, skill or both......but it is timeless for my family.

Pure skill, buddy! Pure skill!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More Redskins ... Source: Owner Dan Snyder assembled a small circle of football people earlier in the season to help him with Washington's search process. None of those people work for the team. <br><br>So he hasn't done it alone, but those with the team aren't involved. <a href="https://t.co/auKLmhMdqD">https://t.co/auKLmhMdqD</a></p>— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1210645093838921729?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Encouraging.........

Not completely as encouraging as one may think...

Last edited:
I'm not saying either of those can't happen. But JP Finlay, John Keim, and other DC media guys will find out at the same time we do who is coming to coach/GM in DC. The team doesn't tell local media guys a thing. They literally know no more than any of us.

I'll calmly wait until there's actual news to react one way or the other.

Not completely as encouraging as one may think...

I'd definitely take ML as DC in a heartbeat

He's not going to go back to being a DC - no way in hell. I agree with you - but that's simply not a possibility imho.

The NFL is the ultimate old boys network. If he brought in traditional NFL people, it's quite possible they convinced Snyder that 'tried and true' and 'experienced' head coaches like Marvin Lewis, Ron Rivera, or Mike McCarthy should be at the top of his list. What we really need is to hit on a younger coordinator who turns out to be a great head coach. Unfortunately - we'd have to have some clue and insight in order to pick the right one.

Brace yourself for an 'experienced' guy whose on his 2nd or 3rd head coaching opportunity.

Couldn't stomach Marvin Lewis as an HC or GM.

What has he ever built? And do we really want a .500 HC who only makes post season cameos?

We've had that here. Why set our sights that low?

He's not going to go back to being a DC - no way in hell. I agree with you - but that's simply not a possibility imho.

It's not like he was a hugely successful as a HC.
Lewis as a HC was about on the same level as Norv Turner, and career-wise, in several ways Turner was a better HC. But now, Turner has been relegated to Coordinator for most of the duration of his career now. So I don't see any way that DC is "beneath" Lewis...Zero playoff wins during 16 consecutive years with the same club.

Last edited:
I'm not saying either of those can't happen. But JP Finlay, John Keim, and other DC media guys will find out at the same time we do who is coming to coach/GM in DC. The team doesn't tell local media guys a thing. They literally know no more than any of us.

Understood, however this isn't out of the realm of Snyder's possibility. I would think hes learned his lesson hiring ex Bengals coaches, seems Zimmer is the ONLY one to my knowledge with success out of them.

I'm trying to picture Rivera as HC/DC and O'connell as OC. Now if RR would agree to coach the defense and we hire an up and coming offensive mind as HC like Bienemy...even better!

I'd definitely take ML as DC in a heartbeat

Ya know it would seem if these 2 are even in contention it would be inevitable Dan wants to see a 4-3 back on the field. More importantly good riddance to Manusky's bend then collapse 3-4 soft zone

I just hope they don't go with Rivera or Lewis, neither can win in the league and 9 and 16 year careers they've had a plenty of a body of evidence to support it.

Lewis had 7 winning seasons out of 16 years in Cincy, Rivera had 3 winning seasons in 9 years ing Carolina. Why would we want anything to do with either?

Robert Saleh in San Fran, or Eric Bienimy are really the only 2 options out there. If we're going retread, Jim Schwartz should be the option, but if he can't win in Detroit, how will he do here in DC with our dysfunction? I'd even be more inclined to have someone like Lincoln Riley come in than Rivera or Lewis!

I am getting all worked up and right now there is nothing more than rumor out there, but SNYDER is f**king clueless!

RR or ML as a defensive coordinator all day, certainly neither as head coach though.

It could be just the local guys throwing you know what at the wall to see what sticks, starting conversation to get a reply from the team. If any facet is true though who is he intending to have as GM?

It's not like he was a hugely successful as a HC.
Lewis as a HC was about on the same level as Norv Turner, and career-wise, in several ways Turner was a better HC. But now, Turner has been relegated to Coordinator for most of the duration of his career now. So I don't see any way that DC is "beneath" Lewis...Zero playoff wins during 16 consecutive years with the same club.

It doesn't matter what you think :) and Norv eventually went back to a coordinator role but not until multiple head coaching failures when no one would hire him as a thing but an OC. Lewis just got fired - and I guarantee you HE thinks he's worthy of another HC gig. Whether we think he deserves one is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter what you think :).....

This is immediately how I pictured you typing this...

7E018D55-6E2D-4A1B-8D8D-763ABF65A9F9.jpeg

This is the best advice and what I am trying to follow. Although I do admit that some rumors evoke a reaction from me either positive or negative. But we really won't know until it's announced. And me or anyone else getting worked up about a rumor doesn't really change what will or won't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.