• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Many of the 1s were out of the game on Finlay's drive if I'm not mistaken.

That said, the Redskins appear to suffer from many of the same issues that have plagued them in the past. For instance, the inability to cover TEs, third down struggles defensively, inopportune penalties on offense and defense, special teams struggles. I don't know...I'm not usually one to overreact to a preseason result, but I'm not quite certain what is changing this year to help turn the corner and help us qualify for the playoffs?

As I see it, this defense is going to have to play lights out for 16 weeks and we are going to have to be very fundamentally sound on special teams to have any chance of being over .500.

Okay fwiw espn box score stated the skins went for it on 4th and 12 and got a penalty for offensive pass interference. Then, it stated skins challenged it and play was reversed so 1st and 10 on cincy 3. THEN, it shows a punt into the endzone by Tress. Not sure wtf is going on but espn's play by play guy is definitely off his meds.

It's preseason my friends. The first string defense was damn solid. The second string defense has guys on the defensive line who will be slicing meat in a month.

Anything that happens from this point on has absolutely zero bearing on the regular season. I know we all know this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as vanilla… The defense since the starters went out is basically sitting back playing zone and seeing if anyone can cover and tackle. Not really a fair test.

On offense, I haven't seen us do anything other than go off tackle or try to work the deep middle on the pass.

The only thing that's clear to me is that Jay Gruden runs as simple a preseason on both sides of the ball as I've really ever seen. And that even includes Gibbs.

It's preseason my friends. The first string defense was damn solid. The second string defense has guys on the defensive line who will be slicing meat in a month.

Anything that happens from this point on has absolutely zero bearing on the regular season. I know we all know this.

Been hearing this for years, yet those ham slicers seem to be hitting the field because this team wants to field oft injured players they don't seem to be able to help heal properly.

Haskins avoids a sack and picks up meaningful yardage on a1st and 15. On second down, he draws an offside to the hard count. On third, he throws a nice timing pass to sprinkle in the flat for a first down.Like.

You're in mid season form, brother El.

Haskins stands in against all out blitz on third and long ... coolly hits Robert Davis on a 55 yard touchdown down the field.

Not a bad two minute drill for a raw rook.

But wtf is wrong with Hopkins, or is there like crazy wind howling about?

Appears as though the long snapper is having issues tonight. Can't quite tell if it is Sundberg in there.

Last edited:
You're in mid season form, brother El.

I simply love how you guys continue to give me a hard time for telling the truth when the past 5 seasons I have predicted our final season record or have come within 1 game every single time. And I see the exact same fate in store for us again this year. We will be lucky to win 8 games...we will be 7-9 and next off-season I will hear about the need for consistency at the HC position even though the head coach is a failure, we're just a player or 2 away from competing for the division again, our ***insert position group here*** is the best in the league when it's only an average squad, our RB will run for 2000 yards, this is the best WR corps we've had in years when none have caught more than 40 passes in the NFL, Jordan Reed will have a breakout year (this might be true in light of his contract year), this veteran QB will provide the leadership at QB we need to mold our rookie QB, our FO is just fine, this player is going to be the best at his position once he recovers from the terrible injury that caused him to fall into the 7th round...blah blah blah. So tired of hearing the same ole' thing from so many who are genuinely smarter than most.

Go ahead, call me a pessimist, but I refuse to buy into the BS that continues to get shoved down Redskins' fans throats every single year. It's so frustrating watching you guys buy into it. Ever see the movie Ground Hog day? This is Redskins' Hogs Day...sell the fans on a promise of better times ahead. And by the end of the season we'll watch the stands be filled with opposing team fans, and a home game has just become the home game for the away team.

Last year at the end of the season I said I would not watch another Redskins' until Gruden and/or Allen were gone. I almost broke that proclamation tonight, but I saw your posts and was reminded how very similar it all sounds.

So this is what I am going to do...I'm signing off. I will not sign back onto BGO until the end of the season so I can come back in here again, and tell you all...I told you so!!! AGAIN.

I simply love how you guys continue to give me a hard time for telling the truth when the past 5 seasons I have predicted our final season record or have come within 1 game every single time. And I see the exact same fate in store for us again this year. We will be lucky to win 8 games...we will be 7-9 and next off-season I will hear about the need for consistency at the HC position even though the head coach is a failure, we're just a player or 2 away from competing for the division again, our ***insert position group here*** is the best in the league when it's only an average squad, our RB will run for 2000 yards, this is the best WR corps we've had in years when none have caught more than 40 passes in the NFL, Jordan Reed will have a breakout year (this might be true in light of his contract year), this veteran QB will provide the leadership at QB we need to mold our rookie QB, our FO is just fine, this player is going to be the best at his position once he recovers from the terrible injury that caused him to fall into the 7th round...blah blah blah. So tired of hearing the same ole' thing from so many who are genuinely smarter than most.

Go ahead, call me a pessimist, but I refuse to buy into the BS that continues to get shoved down Redskins' fans throats every single year. It's so frustrating watching you guys buy into it. Ever see the movie Ground Hog day? This is Redskins' Hogs Day...sell the fans on a promise of better times ahead. And by the end of the season we'll watch the stands be filled with opposing team fans, and a home game has just become the home game for the away team.

Last year at the end of the season I said I would not watch another Redskins' until Gruden and/or Allen were gone. I almost broke that proclamation tonight, but I saw your posts and was reminded how very similar it all sounds.

So this is what I am going to do...I'm signing off. I will not sign back onto BGO until the end of the season so I can come back in here again, and tell you all...I told you so!!! AGAIN.

Come on, El. You know when we are down by 20 points to the Eagles early in the second quarter, we are all going to need your cheerleader pics in the game chat to cheer us up.

El, that's a helluva post for the first half of the 2nd preseason game. Love ya man.

I like this kid Finley for the Bengals.

I think he can play a bit.

I don't hear anyone predicting playoffs or Super Bowl - not anyone. But there are some things to be excited about.

You're a good guy but you're not Nostradamus.

So if he doesn't watch any games this season,how will he know if he's right? wrong?

:movefast:

Did I mention this officiating crew is turning in an historic shit show tonight?

Did I mention this officiating crew is turning in an historic shit show tonight?

What makes it even more awful is the fact that Jay gave them the luxury of taking a second look and they still upheld the offensive PI on Harmon. Unbelievable.

Redskins getting the short end of the stick in the officiating department and having opposing kickers nail 1000 yard field goals like it is nobody's business. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.