• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Press Conference vs. Rams: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://youtu.be/geiXNjpLUWc?list=UU2a0ENbCZqIO5C1fWXGXZXA

I almost feel sorry for Gruden. Almost. He really doesn't seem to have any answers. I know it's his first year, but it's concerning that these players (save a few exceptions like Kerrigan and Murphy) aren't producing for him. When the question of 'one and done' came up, what I didn't hear was 'I want to be here'. Again, concerning.

Great question at the 11 minute mark by the female media person - asking Gruden if he has the stomach to try to turn this thing around. He didn't answer it though - turned it around and made it about the players. Great question though.

Last edited:
I'm losing faith in him...As previously mentioned I believe in accountability. He's not getting through to the oline. This is a real problem.

When asked if he's "lost this team", it seemed to me that he dodged the question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kerrigan said in the post game that the good things going on in practice simply aren't translating to the field.

I don't believe it. If you are that prepared to work and execute the details you as a team don't come out and blow this many assignments.

There are some fellow travelers on this team but evidently Gruden doesn't have the power to get rid of them and so the players on the whole are tuning him out.

This team won't win any more games.

Their heart isn't in it and that seems pretty clear.

Shawn Lauvao was the worst offseason signing. He can't play a lick.

Colt's footwork didn't look very good when he was being overwhelmed by the defense. Also, I think Gruden's offense is prone to interceptions. It relies way too much on exact accuracy, and with this pathetic o-line, being the slight bit rushed results in the turnovers.

I don't know of any NFL offense that doesn't demand accuracy out of it's Quarterback.

And since when has the west coast offense been described as a prone to turnovers system?

Seems like another " Jeff Fisher" troll attempt.

I don't know of any NFL offense that doesn't demand accuracy out of it's Quarterback.

And since when has the west coast offense been described as a prone to turnovers system?

Seems like another " Jeff Fisher" troll attempt.

yes, all teams due demand accuracy but our qb's are being expected to thread needles in .5 seconds because their protection couldnt wave off a fart

yes, all teams due demand accuracy but our qb's are being expected to thread needles in .5 seconds because their protection couldnt wave off a fart

We have no Oline but I'm pretty sure the West Coast Offense doesn't ask it's Qb to thread needles on every pass.

To say Gruden demands that is just silly.

Look, we're all frustrated and there's plenty to gripe about without stretching it to an Extreme level.

We have no Oline but I'm pretty sure the West Coast Offense doesn't ask it's Qb to thread needles on every pass.

Look, we're all frustrated and there's plenty to gripe about without stretching it to an Extreme level.

frustrated is an understatement. i've been a fan for 35 years,, through the glory, the good, the bad, the ugly and the present abysmal.

I thought we have statistically one of the top o-lines in the league. I know I've read that somewhere (repeatedly). :)

Yeah, I was doing some research on Front Office personnelle and the single name that seems to be the very best right now is not in the game.

Ozzie seems ready to retire and Eric DeCosta seems to be next in line to take over in Baltimore.

New England is not gonna let go of Caserio and why would he want to leave.

Tom Heckert in Denver might want out of the shadow of Elway and has a solid reputation.

But none of them compare to what Scott McCloughn was able to do in San Fran and Seattle. Right now he is not employed in the NFL, sat out this last season and may be willing to prove himself, again. If Dan Snyder really wanted to win, he would send Bruce Allen to his house and sign him tomorrow.

Gruden saying it's not his job to motivate professional football players. Umm..yes it is. All those great speeches coaches give to motivate...all the coaching up to motivate.

He just doesn't get it. Or he's just over it and doesn't care

The problem is, Allen thinks he IS the Football GM guys. Dan would either have to fire him or make it clear he's not the football GM we need and redefine his role. I am beyond skeptical either of those things will happen.

He's a great PR and contract guy. Or so it seems. But definitely not a GM by any means

The problem is, Allen thinks he IS the Football GM guys. Dan would either have to fire him or make it clear he's not the football GM we need and redefine his role. I am beyond skeptical either of those things will happen.
The other problem is that Gruden's failures allow Danny to pin the blame all on Jay instead of distributing blame to both Jay and Allen (and the players). My bet is Jay goes, Allen stays, and we're having similar conversations next year at this time.

Gruden saying it's not his job to motivate professional football players. Umm..yes it is. All those great speeches coaches give to motivate...all the coaching up to motivate.

He just doesn't get it. Or he's just over it and doesn't care

I have been in lots of changing room and locker rooms. Played a lot of sports up to professional level and then semi pro over here in the UK. In my experience motivational speeches before a game to get players fired up rarely happen outside of films or TV series - and less so the higher the level you play.

Normally its just a few reminders about what was worked on in preparation for the game and match ups (but thats more position coaches than the HC) then the HC might say a few final words just before you leave normally about trusting your preparation, playing without fear and enjoying the game. Thats normally it. Some players like to get fired up individually or in groups but thats more personal. I used to tune out any ra ra stuff from them myself. At half time it can get 'shouty' initially depending how things have gone (often thats more players than coaches) - but its far more about getting guys settled down and then making adjustments, you only have a short time to get anything done at halftime. I have seen some things get thrown against walls and learned a few new expletives during some of these half times when things have not gone well. That only makes any impression though if done very rarely and in extreme circumstances, if its an every week thing it gets tuned out as well.

To reach the pro level players are motivated. They also know their pay check depends on their performance so they better stay motivated. Losing does take a toll though especially if you cant really see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Then I guess we have to agree to disagree. Many times you see the players come out after a win and say coach gave them a speech at halftime. Many times you see the coach yelling and motivating on the sidelines trying to get players to focus and get back in the game.

DP...for the moment...all the playcalls have been short/3 step, quick decision timing passes in tightly covered space. the box shrinks. not the same as longer, deeper passes in which the route runner (if he has the speed) has more time to adjust. QB still has to have "touch"...but it's a different category of accuracy.

I have been in lots of changing room and locker rooms. Played a lot of sports up to professional level and then semi pro over here in the UK. In my experience motivational speeches before a game to get players fired up rarely happen outside of films or TV series - and less so the higher the level you play.

Normally its just a few reminders about what was worked on in preparation for the game and match ups (but thats more position coaches than the HC) then the HC might say a few final words just before you leave normally about trusting your preparation, playing without fear and enjoying the game. Thats normally it. Some players like to get fired up individually or in groups but thats more personal. I used to tune out any ra ra stuff from them myself. At half time it can get 'shouty' initially depending how things have gone (often thats more players than coaches) - but its far more about getting guys settled down and then making adjustments, you only have a short time to get anything done at halftime. I have seen some things get thrown against walls and learned a few new expletives during some of these half times when things have not gone well. That only makes any impression though if done very rarely and in extreme circumstances, if its an every week thing it gets tuned out as well.

To reach the pro level players are motivated. They also know their pay check depends on their performance so they better stay motivated. Losing does take a toll though especially if you cant really see any light at the end of the tunnel.

you have more experience than I. oh for the days of George Allen and Vince Lombardi!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.