• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Possible Site Glitches and Issues

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Post them up here and we'll get to them as we can. We encourage you all to read the 'New BGO User Guide' stickied in this forum which will help you figure the basics out!

Deleting these as they are addressed. Please let us know what you are seeing - especially if you are trying to do something and getting an error message, or think you should be able to do something and cannot. There are tons of usergroup permissions and although we have looked at them numerous times, it's easy to miss something.

Please continue to report any issues, suspected glitches, or other problems you may be having. Things seem to be humming along nicely but there's always a chance we have missed something, particularly within each usergroup with all of the permissions that have to be set correctly.

this may just be on my end but if I click a place within text and try to add / type, it continually overwrites the following text instead of inserting, does that make sense?

edit: disregard, i accidentally hit 'insert' key and it turned on overwriting.

Last edited:
If you are a 'Joe Gibbs Club' member and have any trouble adding a signature pic - I am glad to help you. That function is a 3rd party add on and it's a little glitchy especially if you already have a sig pic uploaded and then try to change it. Glad to help if anyone needs an assist.

It's definitely got a mind of its own. Boone helped me once, then I was able to once...now I can't again.
redskins_bgo.jpg

PL,

Click on your user-name/avatar at top right > click "signature" in right column > click "choose file" to upload your image > click "save"

Just re-did mine to be sure ...

Om, Boone told me how to do it last night...it worked the 1st time but only then.

Thanks, guys!

The only issue I'm having is when I try to quote someone then edit a large part out, when I highlight it in order to delete that part, the highlighted area is almost the exact same color as the background color on the page, which makes it very difficult to differentiate between what's highlighted, and what's not.

Keep getting this ‘file is too large’ when uploading a pic, just curious if it’s me or the site. Also, how can you resize a pic on an iPhone 11 if it's not the site? Don’t be hating and getting file envy either

Attachments

• 8107082F-62D3-4209-867B-8494B7D8832D.png
    8107082F-62D3-4209-867B-8494B7D8832D.png
    437.7 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
The only issue I'm having is when I try to quote someone then edit a large part out, when I highlight it in order to delete that part, the highlighted area is almost the exact same color as the background color on the page, which makes it very difficult to differentiate between what's highlighted, and what's not.

I will look at this - thanks for the heads up.

Keep getting this ‘file is too large’ when uploading a pic, just curious if it’s me or the site. Also, how can you resize a pic on an iPhone 11 if it's not the site? Don’t be hating and getting file envy either

I’ll look at this but I suspect it may be something on your end only because no one else has reported it?

I’ll look at this but I suspect it may be something on your end only because no one else has reported it?

It more than likely is me, I’m extremely computer illiterate & borderline computarded

Last edited:
It more than likely is me, I’m extremely computer illiterate & borderline computarded

I have doubled the allowed image upload size to around 2mb. Basically image file size is determined by two things - the size of the image and the quality of the image. You can upload smaller images or images it a lower quality if you are running into problems. If you are trying to upload images linked on other sites, you may have to save them to your computer and then reduce size or quality and then upload.

Is there any way we can turn off the function that automatically 'watch'es every thread you reply to? I think i figured it out via my settings, but I feel like that should be a voluntary thing.

You have total control over that. We did *enable* it for everyone when we moved to the new site. But you can turn 'watching' on/off (and set all notification preferences) by clicking on your username at the top of the screen and going to 'Preferences'. There is a lot of functionality with the new software that wasn't there in vBulletin. Since migrating to the new site inherited the old site settings, we wanted to make sure folks knew they could get notifications (particularly when we have folks who 3 months in, didn't realize they had a 'dark' and 'light' option :)

We have fixed a glitch where, if you had a user on ignore, you could still see his/her post in the 'New Posts' snippet. Resolved now.

In the virtual tailgate, I first logged in with my IPad. I could see and hear everyone, but for some reason, you could not hear me. Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.