• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Physical Fitness/Training Thread

I have had issues with my spine for a while and always feel instant relief when I can stretch and pop it.

Good luck with it! Hopefully your arm gets better

There’s definitely a learning curve… did two short sessions tonight and I can’t say I was very relaxed :) Getting used to being upside down, being able to relax, and trusting the machine will take a bit.

I think you will adjust quickly. Listen to some favorite music, it will help you to relax and will help with focusing less on the predicament you find yourself in.

Probably should start slow and work your way to vertical hanging. My back is stubborn to decompress so I usually have a headache before the snap-crackle-popping ensues

Yeah, gonna do 2-3 times a day for 3 minutes at 50-60 degrees max…

There’s definitely a learning curve… did two short sessions tonight and I can’t say I was very relaxed :) Getting used to being upside down, being able to relax, and trusting the machine will take a bit.

Did you completely invert? Isn't there a pin to only go slightly past 90* instead of the entire 180*.

I did not like being completely upside down either and found I didn't need to...just far enough for gravity to do what it was supposed to.

No - I’ve got it set to 60 degrees and as you said at least for now I think that is plenty.

2.5 years ago.
3E3093C6-E92C-4E0D-A438-5D1C3B00B2E1.jpeg

I’ve read that the blood to the brain is a plus…but I can confirm that it does nothing for hair restoration.

I’ve read that the blood to the brain is a plus…but I can confirm that it does nothing for hair restoration.
Who would want that nasty stuff on their head, anyway?

Down 55lbs and getting great times on the elliptical. Thought to myself "I'm going for a long run on my day off".

5.5 miles done and my butt is handed to me. But, I really enjoyed it and the feeling I have now. I can see how it gets addictive.

Down 55lbs and getting great times on the elliptical. Thought to myself "I'm going for a long run on my day off".

5.5 miles done and my butt is handed to me. But, I really enjoyed it and the feeling I have now. I can see how it gets addictive.

That is awesome, Mike. Nice job!

As an aside, El has been killing it, too. This place is getting lighter. 👊🏼

I don’t know if I’ve gained weight on vacation or not but my golf shorts keep falling down so that’s a good sign :) Keep it up Mike and El!

I don’t know if I’ve gained weight on vacation or not but my golf shorts keep falling down so that’s a good sign :) Keep it up Mike and El!

Yup! Down almost 70 pounds and for the 1st time on this journey, I looked at myself and felt good about what i saw, physically, in the mirror.

One of my major sticking points was that i was able to reach a pinnacle in my spiritual journey. My faith and love of Christ continued to flourish, even with the weight. It was when I had the epiphany that if I catch Covid while carrying that much weight, I was a prime candidate for not surviving...and the idea of not doing whatever it takes to be there for my children as long as I can was overwhelming.

Well, I believe truly that God was speaking to my heart. Glad I listened!

Anyway, my original goal was 100 pounds so I have a little more than 30 to go. The transition has been a catalyst for my entire well-being.

Thanks John, and Chris! While I am sure I could have achieved a measure of success, it was your guidance that has truly helped me transform my physical health.

Glad you had a great time, John! And congratulations on your weight loss, Mike.

I continue to use my Teeter inversion table and it does seem to keep my lower back (and even to a certain extent, my cervical spine) more stretched out and loose. I (knock on wood) have had no back issues since I started consistently using it 2-3 times a day. I get on it as soon as I wake up, and then in the evening at a minimum. Happy with the purchase.

I haven't done much in terms of physical exercise or dieting since I got back to the beach but just hit my 'trigger point' weight which I set as my signal to go back to keto for a bit. Going to do that and see if I can get to my original target weight.

I have plateaued at 70 pounds lost. During my illness, I was eating a lot of stuff I had eliminated, not to mention I had been on vacay for a week prior where I ate some things I had eliminated from my diet for the previous 6 months.

A little surprised how difficult it has been to get back into the swing of things, but am slowly making progress.

Sitting at around 257...shooting for 225. That would be 102 pounds lost.

I have been surprised that I haven't gained a bunch of weight back. I have not been exercising - at all - since reaching my goal. Despite drinking and eating anything/everything I wanted during our beach vacation and since then, I have only gained a handful of lbs. That's encouraging. But I definitely am getting back on the train and recommitting. I don't ever want to get up to the weight I was at when I started this journey. It's just too damn hard to recover from that and do the 'yo yo' thing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.