• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Physical Fitness/Training Thread

I may not train like most of you, but the PT that I go through most days is a good workout by any standard. Today's PT was cancelled because of weather in the region today - most of the workers don't need to be commuting in this mess.

Most days, I do about three miles of "running" in the pool with a vest on. Light weight training three days a week. About one hour each day during the week with the massage therapists. Once a week on the stationary bike and once a week on the treadmill.
Um, hi, that's a tough routine, I don't know why you don't think your training doesn't "measure up" (whatever that means, everyone is at different places in their physical fitness and health and as long as you're doing anything physical most days of the week, you're a winner :D ). I did pool "running" in high school track when I was recovering from a stress fracture and holy craaap, that kicked my butt more than going out and jogging for an hour! Keep up the good work, I'm seriously impressed with that routine.

I won silver in my no-gi (submission grappling) division and bronze in my gi (BJJ) division. I'm fairly pleased with my performance although I was undersized in both divisions as I didn't cut any weight and all of my opponents did. After my no-gi division I was pretty gassed from going against bigger, stronger guys and from the adrenaline and only had about 45 minutes before I had to put the gi on and compete in my BJJ division. I want to compete again soon and cut weight, as I think if I'm going against guys my actual size I can do a lot better and get gold in at least one division.
Great job 98! That is an incredibly hard sport & it sounds like you're moving up in the competition arena (at least from what I last heard you talk about, which was probably a while ago). Do you have any more competitions coming up?

I competed in a grappling/BJJ tournament in Charlotte yesterday with a bunch of my teammates from the school that I train at.

I have been working extra hard on my conditioning these last couple of weeks to get ready for the rigors of competition and the adrenaline dump that happens when you step out there on the mats in front of so many people against an opponent that you know nothing about.

I did pretty good, although the adrenaline hit me hard after my first match.

I won silver in my no-gi (submission grappling) division and bronze in my gi (BJJ) division. I'm fairly pleased with my performance although I was undersized in both divisions as I didn't cut any weight and all of my opponents did. After my no-gi division I was pretty gassed from going against bigger, stronger guys and from the adrenaline and only had about 45 minutes before I had to put the gi on and compete in my BJJ division. I want to compete again soon and cut weight, as I think if I'm going against guys my actual size I can do a lot better and get gold in at least one division.

Congrats man! I wish I had known, I wouldve come cheer you on!

Great job 98! That is an incredibly hard sport & it sounds like you're moving up in the competition arena (at least from what I last heard you talk about, which was probably a while ago). Do you have any more competitions coming up?

Thanks K! I definitely appreciate it! You're right, it is a tough sport and the more you move up the harder things get. There are a few more competitions that I'm shooting for this year, there's one in July and one in October. The one in July is still a maybe for me but the one in October is one I will definitely do. Will let you guys know how it goes. I'm on BGO more than that other place now, so I'll have to drop in here and keep up with the fitness thread too.

Congrats man! I wish I had known, I wouldve come cheer you on!

Thanks dude! Will have to post it in here next time. Haven't talked to you in a while, I hope things are going well!

Thanks K! I definitely appreciate it! You're right, it is a tough sport and the more you move up the harder things get. There are a few more competitions that I'm shooting for this year, there's one in July and one in October. The one in July is still a maybe for me but the one in October is one I will definitely do. Will let you guys know how it goes. I'm on BGO more than that other place now, so I'll have to drop in here and keep up with the fitness thread too.

Thanks dude! Will have to post it in here next time. Haven't talked to you in a while, I hope things are going well!

Hey again! I should have mentioned that there is an open tourny for all styles down here in September. I'm not sure if I'm going to do the continuous sparring in this one (will depend on my progress honestly) but I know they will be doing grappling as a big piece.

https://www.facebook.com/events/448638295216300/

Hey again! I should have mentioned that there is an open tourny for all styles down here in September. I'm not sure if I'm going to do the continuous sparring in this one (will depend on my progress honestly) but I know they will be doing grappling as a big piece.

https://www.facebook.com/events/448638295216300/

Cool, do they separate grappling divisions and striking divisions from each other or is it kind of a style vs. style type of competition?

Cool, do they separate grappling divisions and striking divisions from each other or is it kind of a style vs. style type of competition?

I'm pretty sure the grappling will be in a division of its own, though they may add the Chinese Shuai Gau (not sure if I spelled that right!) wrestling too.

Threw my back out on Monday doing yardwork. Had to skip TKD class yesterday and spent today on my back. :/

Hoping I feel up for a light run tomorrow. We'll see.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Threw my back out on Monday doing yardwork. Had to skip TKD class yesterday and spent today on my back. :/

Hoping I feel up for a light run tomorrow. We'll see.

Man, we are hitting the same general snags! I did my back last week.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

45 minutes every morning on the Eliptical so far. Feeling great, though this week has been ****ty (for other reasons). And I'm flying through my book list, which is also awesome.

I'm hoping to lose 2-4 pounds this week, having a good week exercising and dieting so far. We'll see Friday morning...

45 minutes every morning on the Eliptical so far. Feeling great, though this week has been ****ty (for other reasons). And I'm flying through my book list, which is also awesome.

I'm hoping to lose 2-4 pounds this week, having a good week exercising and dieting so far. We'll see Friday morning...

nice work! You are doing awesome!

Hope you get better Henry.

Damn we have some pretty dedicated people on this site :)

I unfortunately am not one of them at this point in time.

Hope you get better Henry.

Damn we have some pretty dedicated people on this site :)

I unfortunately am not one of them at this point in time.

At my age one is either dedicated or fat. :)

I am doing great on the weekends, but haven't hit it hard during the week in several weeks. Got a little side-tracked between some work projects, and my son leaving suddenly for the summer. Gotta get re-motivated!

The back is still pretty tight so I walked three miles. Started to feel a little better about halfway in, but still pretty sore now.

42 on the bike today...very warm and humid today but felt great...looking to get up to 60+ by the end of summer... Would really like to do a 'century' but hard to get to that distance without riding multiple times a week

Thoroughly enjoyed a good long hike with the boy tonight. It was nice and cool around 7:00 so we got out for about 90 minutes. Glad I got the jogging strolled for him so we can "off-road" it a little. Nothing strenuous, just off the sidewalks and into the woods. Back is feeling pretty good.

Didn't do typical gym training this weekend. Instead I did the "manual labor" workout outside and whitewater kayaked a couple hours each day.

Looking forward to a long mountain bike ride tomorrow and "push" interval training at the gym.

Got back to speedwork today for the first time in a few weeks. Managed to survive three sets of five minute intervals, though my back is still not at 100% yet.

TKD class tomorrow, and it's sparring class. I think it's gonna end up being a game-time decision.

If anybody has some good crossfit style workouts that don't involve weights I'd appreciate it. Pm would be good or on here, doesn't matter. Stuff like air squats, push-ups, lunges ect in quick fashion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.