• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Physical Fitness/Training Thread

Pulled my upper-hamstring, lower ass muscle last night. It doesn't hurt badly, but its effing annoying. I didn't know I could pull whatever it is I pulled! Getting old sucks!

Pulled my upper-hamstring, lower ass muscle last night. It doesn't hurt badly, but its effing annoying. I didn't know I could pull whatever it is I pulled! Getting old sucks!

I believe the technical term is an 'asscep'. Like "my assceps are so strong I could rip a phone book in half with them".

Concur on getting old...I have to twist 23 different ways every morning to crack the kinks out of my back and hips.

Down 12 since the end of Feb. (2 this week), I was surprised because my fitness routine was interrupted due to work most of the week.

Down 12 since the end of Feb. (2 this week), I was surprised because my fitness routine was interrupted due to work most of the week.

The body works in mysterious ways. :)

Managed to get four miles in today. Not great but I'll take it.

I've been awful in terms of fitness this weekend, I dread stepping on the scale.

Wife is out of town and I am finding it difficult to carve out exercise time like I normally do. Plus, the Kung Fu school is closed for the holiday weekend so that takes it out of the running as an option too.

Time to get it together and make up for some today!

34 on the bike yesterday ... Burned a ton of calories this weekend working in my garden...

Sore as hell today but I passes my level test. One more to go and then I'm up for 2nd Dan.

Today I was too sore and tired to do more than a two mile walk. I'll try a run tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Sore as hell today but I passes my level test. One more to go and then I'm up for 2nd Dan.

Today I was too sore and tired to do more than a two mile walk. I'll try a run tomorrow.

Congrats Henry!!!!!

Up to 45 minutes on the Eliptical Machines now. Feeling good. Dreading the weigh in on Friday. I took the weekend off from counting and am terrified at what the weight gain will be.

FINALLY back home from way too much time away and am now getting back into my routine.

AM: 30 min on the elliptical

PM: "Push" Interval Resistance training 2 times through rotation
- Squats w/military press
- Dips
- Push-ups
- 15 Burpees
- Plie Squats
- 10 Box jumps
- Overhead triceps dumbbell raises
- 50 mountain climbers
- Around the worlds
- Dumbbell chest press
- Rowing for 15 calories

Up to 45 minutes on the Eliptical Machines now. Feeling good. Dreading the weigh in on Friday. I took the weekend off from counting and am terrified at what the weight gain will be.
Make sure you drink a lot of water today to help you get rid of any of your water retention. :)

Well, been working a lot so I haven't had much time to get out and exercise as I'd like but my wife and I took a nice walk through Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day.

Been getting as much hiking in as possible...1 time a week at most...the other nights I walk if I am caught up. My back is really hurting a lot lately. I really need to make the time to stretch more.

Easy three miler today.

Saturday is the Springfield 5K. Now I get to see if that speedwork did any good. :)

classes got quite a bit more rigorous, pulled something in my back that's killing me, but I fought better than I have in months because it forced me to slow down. I almost wish I hurt myself weeks ago!

Figure I need to take a week off to recharge then hit it again. Gonna go with a mix of short runs (3miles or shorter), crossfit, jumprope and serious dieting.

Welp, it was 75 degrees by the start so I didn't break any records today. Way too hot and sunny. Unofficial time 27:30, about 40 seconds slower than last year. Considering the heat I wasnt diasappointed. Still ran sub-nines.

Weigh in wasn't so bad, I actually lost a pound last week. I am going to go hard this week and next and try to lose a lot. I want to be down another 10 lbs by the middle of July.

I almost commented when you expressed worry that I bet you end up losing weight despite it not being your best week :) Awesome stuff Goal, keep it up :cheers:

Didn't have a great week myself, mostly due to work schedule...didn't eat as well as I'd like and only exercised a couple of times. Did 34 miles on the bike this morning and am going to hit the Kenpo routine later...On a positive note, I am feeling pretty strong on the bike, legs really starting to feel strong...

I may not train like most of you, but the PT that I go through most days is a good workout by any standard. Today's PT was cancelled because of weather in the region today - most of the workers don't need to be commuting in this mess.

Most days, I do about three miles of "running" in the pool with a vest on. Light weight training three days a week. About one hour each day during the week with the massage therapists. Once a week on the stationary bike and once a week on the treadmill.

I may not train like most of you, but the PT that I go through most days is a good workout by any standard. Today's PT was cancelled because of weather in the region today - most of the workers don't need to be commuting in this mess.

Most days, I do about three miles of "running" in the pool with a vest on. Light weight training three days a week. About one hour each day during the week with the massage therapists. Once a week on the stationary bike and once a week on the treadmill.

Absolute respect for the work you do BB :cheers: I think your daily work equals any other shared here!

I competed in a grappling/BJJ tournament in Charlotte yesterday with a bunch of my teammates from the school that I train at.

I have been working extra hard on my conditioning these last couple of weeks to get ready for the rigors of competition and the adrenaline dump that happens when you step out there on the mats in front of so many people against an opponent that you know nothing about.

I did pretty good, although the adrenaline hit me hard after my first match.

I won silver in my no-gi (submission grappling) division and bronze in my gi (BJJ) division. I'm fairly pleased with my performance although I was undersized in both divisions as I didn't cut any weight and all of my opponents did. After my no-gi division I was pretty gassed from going against bigger, stronger guys and from the adrenaline and only had about 45 minutes before I had to put the gi on and compete in my BJJ division. I want to compete again soon and cut weight, as I think if I'm going against guys my actual size I can do a lot better and get gold in at least one division.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.