• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Physical Fitness/Training Thread

So. I'm now trying to get in 15k steps per day. Pretty much get it or more every day except days I drink a lot the night before lol. Which is only one or two nights

But, I've started doing pushups once an hour, every hour, for 10 sets. Started off with using my desk, then some from my knees. Then finally getting 10 in a good form.

Now I'm up to 15 per set. I feel even better, I'm doing curls and shoulders on the half hour between pushup sets, and I really feel it.
A couple of years ago, I thought that push-ups were kicking my ass, but I was doing pretty good. Right up until I bought a set of "Perfect Pushup" bars. They're a set of rotating handles that extends your range of movement. They're supposed to allow you to engage more muscles and reduce strain on your wrists and elbows. After a couple of years of using them, I agree with that assessment. They kicked my ass,(and continue to do so) but not as bad as when I first started to use them. I'm getting much better workouts as a result.

The wrestling coaches have now issued "challenges" to both wrestlers and coaches.

K- 2 - 30 pushups a day
3-6 - 60 pushups a day
Coaches - 200 pushups a day, 100 crunches

We text our group chat with our updates of what we've done during the day. My body is like week 1 of fight club. A wad of cookie dough. I haven't missed a day yet, but I'm definitely feeling the effects.

I'm loving this.

I returned to running in 2022 after only running to the bathroom in the previous 8 years.

I just logged my last run of the year for a grand total of 758 miles, the vast majority of which were in the last 6 months. January and part of February was a washout due to a tibial stress fracture because I’m wasn’t smart enough to start conservatively, March was mainly a lot of walking for rehab, April was the car accident, and May/June was Covid and recovery. From July to now I have averaged 99 miles per month. Low of 80 and high of 130 miles.

Not too bad for a codger. 😉

Not bad at all. Congratulations on getting in to something that most can't get in to.

Screenshot_20230117-184743.png

Getting so close!
Up to 300 pushups during the day
150 crunches
Bought 35s for curling and shoulder press

Stepped on the scale this morning...heaviest recorded weight of my life.

Time for a serious change.

I’ve been on Keto for a month (except for an Om visit). Down 12 lbs so far. Gave blood yesterday and I feel like a limp noodle today…

Need to get back to daily exercise (beyond swinging a golf club) and then I will really trim down.

I need to cut beer out. I eat pretty clean (except a few breakdowns), but beer just adds up all these calories so I'm always up 1 or down 5.

Yeah, I can’t drink beer and trim way down.

I've cut back on the beer and I'm still going the wrong way. I sit too much all day and I'm probably eating too many chips.

The hops in beer contain phytoestrogens which increase estrogen hormone levels in men along with suppressing testosterone levels.

Doubly bad for relatively physically inactive men, especially those past the age of 30.

Anyone interested in getting their diet dialed in…I know a guy. 😉

I’d invite you to consult with Brian (Elephant) but…🤣

The hops in beer contain phytoestrogens which increase estrogen hormone levels in men along with suppressing testosterone levels.

Doubly bad for relatively physically inactive men, especially those past the age of 30.
As a beer educator, I'm now curious. Where did you get this information? I want to learn more.

As a beer educator, I'm now curious. Where did you get this information? I want to learn more.

It’s pretty widely known in fitness and nutrition circles. Google estrogen and beer, there will be plenty of returns.

On a lighter note…

Estrogen Found In Beer

Yesterday scientists revealed that beer contains small traces
of female hormones.
To prove their theory, the scientists fed 100 men 12 pints of beer
and observed that 100% of them gained weight,
talked excessively without making sense, became emotional,
couldn't drive, couldn't think, and
refused to apologize when wrong.
No further testing is planned.

Stepped on the scale this morning...heaviest recorded weight of my life.

Time for a serious change.
I feel you bro. I had a health check up and had the same thing. The heaviest I’ve ever been and I’m probably in the worst shape of my life. I have to change that. The craziest thing is I’m always hungry. I’ve been eating so much junk, my body is used to getting more and more. I have to get back on track.

When I am at our home in Florida I weight train in my home gym. At our home in Helsinki I join a gym. This time I joined a local gym that is within walking distance. It is open 24/7/365 and there is an employee on site only Mon-Thur from 4:30-8, primarily to handle membership sales. I normally train at 11am and have never seen any employee except when I joined. Entry and exit is handled by the use of key cards and a fingerprint scanner.

Everyone simply does their thing with no nonsense and no drama. There is no way that would be true back in Florida.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.