• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Physical Fitness/Training Thread

Yeah - I am doing the 16:8 as well. Dropping lbs slowly but surely but I'm not really making major adjustments to what I eat, mostly just when I eat.

once you get past the shock of "I am fasting for 16 hours a day??!!!" you realize you are sleeping for half of it so its just after dinner and a later breakfast.

I put on a t-shirt today I hadn't worn in 4 years. My in-laws brought it to me from Oz but I hadn't worn it in so long my wife forgot I got it or who got it for me.

Been battling through the terrible back pain, started physical therapy and she is putting me through the grind.

It helps that I have lost almost 50 pounds on my way to my goal of losing 100. I really want to get back down to 225 and get my back healthy again, so I can resume training Gracie Jiu-Jitsu now that my son has fallen in love with it.

I’ve thrown my lower back out twice in the space of a week. First time I was weeding in my garden. Got better from that and then coughed while tying my shoes yesterday and threw it out again. Sucks. I’m trying to trim down and get back on a bicycle as I’ve never had an issue when I was riding consistently (probably because it strengthens core muscles).

drank too much this weekend
ate poor on both days

Paid for it all night with a stomach ache
Paid for it this morning in the gym. Did 6 miles and smelled like a distillery by the time I was done.

6.5 miles on the elliptical followed by DDP Yoga. I'm sweating like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, but man do I feel good.

155 flat bench 5 sets
20 decline situps 5 sets
155 flat bench 5 sets

Officially down 30lbs at the end of the day even... tomorrow will be even higher.

Salad week is amazing for me this week. The program we are doing restricts and then introduces foods as per the weeks change.

We had sauteed veggies two weeks, no fruit
Fruit one week no sauteed veggies
Now we are on salad week

You get a protein with every meal and healthy fats like avocado or cashews. So, you're never starving your body or in distress. You are even told "eat a third meal if you need it"

This morning after my first workout I weighed myself. I'm the lightest I've been in 20 years at least. My wife doesn't even know me at this weight.

If anyone is interested in this let me know. I can send you the Facebook group info and link. He runs his program through there and the support group is tops.

Down to 189 lbs. My goal is at least 175. Continuing to do a combo of keto and intermittent fasting.

This group that I am in for working out and eating have people of all ages, shapes, and races in it. It is really cool and amazing to see how many people come together to celebrate each other's victories and encourage each other.

Its also crazy how much people take things for granted like: Being able to buckle a seat belt. some of these people were so big they couldn't wear a normal seat belt because of it. They are in tears when they post them clicked and hold out the room between their belly and belt. "I can't remember the last time I was xyz weight!" and hundreds of people will like the comment and encourage them.

it has been refreshing to see positivity on the internet and social media in particular. It gets hard being disciplined and trying to eat well when the whole world seems to be fast food and beer. But, being able to reach out and just talk to someone from this group has been like an alcoholic reaching out to their sponsor. They always answer and can talk most down. But, even if you slip, you just get back up and its like you didn't. People don't judge you for your mistakes there, they encourage your success and trying again.

That’s awesome Mike. I am in the 180’s, next stop 170’s which I haven’t been in for decades. Doing it with fasting and keto so far.

Have been having a return of some left arm pain and numbness I had before my surgery although my 6 month post-op check this week showed the cervical hardware looks good. He thinks it’s coming from above an old fusion I had 20 years ago.

It’s discouraging but all I can do is keep moving and try to see if I can move past/work through it. Putting an inversion table together tonight and will see if that helps. Still lifting as okay by my surgeon but there are some exercises I can’t currently do.

Glad you found something that is working so well for you. It’s obvious from your social media progress pics what you are doing is working.

I am sorry about your arm, man. I know that sucks. I hope it gets better.

Good to see everyone reaching goal weights. I am only 40 pounds from reaching my ultimate goal. While Chris and I have been working together to get my eating habits under control, he set a goal of getting me back into the 260's...I reached that in less than 100 days. As of today, on the scale this morning, I am officially down 60 pounds. Started at 327 and am down to 267.

The doctor has advised against doing any type of jiu-jitsu training until I am experiencing little to no back pain. We are gonna schedule another MRI soon, take a look at the structural damage in it's latest state, and make a plan after that.

So...starting Muay Thai classes when I return from my vacation in 3 weeks. I just want to be in a gym again and lifting weights/treadmill stuff just ain't for me anymore.

Good to see everyone reaching goal weights. I am only 40 pounds from reaching my ultimate goal. While Chris and I have been working together to get my eating habits under control, he set a goal of getting me back into the 260's...I reached that in less than 100 days. As of today, on the scale this morning, I am officially down 60 pounds. Started at 327 and am down to 267.

The doctor has advised against doing any type of jiu-jitsu training until I am experiencing little to no back pain. We are gonna schedule another MRI soon, take a look at the structural damage in it's latest state, and make a plan after that.

So...starting Muay Thai classes when I return from my vacation in 3 weeks. I just want to be in a gym again and lifting weights/treadmill stuff just ain't for me anymore.

Do your pushups. 😉

Let the hanging begin

7B3052B7-4C72-439A-9609-74EB0DD80F5E.jpeg

Let me know how that thing works on your back. I'm always trying to do yoga poses to crack my back.

If it helps I'm very interested!

The decompression involved with just 10 minutes of time inverted is such a great relief from the pain. The only other relief I get that compares is when I am in the pool.

They aren’t that expensive Mike. I’ll definitely keep you guys posted. I’m sure it will be helpful in not having lumbar issues but what I really need is for it to improve the numbness and pain in my arm which is radiating from one of my cervical nerves. We’ll see.

This one is a Teeter Fitspine 3. Impressed with how easy it was to assemble (via an app that walks you through every step) and the construction is obviously solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.