• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Physical Fitness/Training Thread

Water and coffee.
Multivitamin and melatonin gummy lol

Pretty sure there’s no way in hell I could do that and stay sane. Hope it’s worth it and works out but damn

Intermittent fasting (16:8) strategies are pretty common place these days. It does indeed take some getting used to.

It basically just means don’t eat after dinner and skip breakfast. Eating all day long and constantly snacking is not healthy or necessary to fuel your machine. Our obesity and T2D epidemics are real and reversable.

I stop eating at 18:30 and start back up at 10:30. I don't skip breakfast though....but, that is just because I love breakfast.

I skip all the grazing and snacking.

I am really looking forward to 3 months from now. That's how long it will be before I can really start doing anything I want physically post-surgery. I'm going to hopefully start at least doing the recumbent bike here in a week or so. Last year was the best golfing year of my life and felt I was starting to turn a corner. I will be thankful just to be able to get back out there in April and beyond but no idea what to expect.

I stop eating at 18:30 and start back up at 10:30. I don't skip breakfast though....but, that is just because I love breakfast.

I skip all the grazing and snacking.

Curious, does this jump start your metabolism in a way or is it all for limiting calories?

What area were you surgeried on?

I had an ACDF done at the C7-T1 level (anterior cervical discectomy fusion). Basically, come in from front of neck, they remove the disc and the parts compressing nerves, put in a spacer between the discs with bone material so the vertabra will fuse, and screw in a plate to stabilize everything.

Gotcha. Yeah my wife was going to get that but her discs are bad enough to scare the surgeon off. Hope it heals quick for ya

Thanks brother. It’s definitely no walk in the park but in my case was a no brainer.

Yeah unless you or someone you know go through neck and back issues ya really can’t understand. Rehab appropriately and heal up

Curious, does this jump start your metabolism in a way or is it all for limiting calories?
I think more than anything it cuts down the calories, teaches you more discipline in snacking, and cleans out the bad stuff. But, I imagine with good exercise along with it that you would see an increase in your metabolism.

I had an ACDF done at the C7-T1 level (anterior cervical discectomy fusion). Basically, come in from front of neck, they remove the disc and the parts compressing nerves, put in a spacer between the discs with bone material so the vertabra will fuse, and screw in a plate to stabilize everything.

😳

I have had to cut back on the fasting. I just have gotten the shakes around hour 14 so I am easing back some until I can take it on again.

But, my time and distance on the iFit are way up. Today I did 7.13 miles in 36:17. It is an elliptical machine so it is NOT the same as road work. But, with my knees and shin splint issues it is really good for me. Plus, its as cold as FFFFFFFFF outside at the moment!

I have had to cut back on the fasting. I just have gotten the shakes around hour 14 so I am easing back some until I can take it on again.

But, my time and distance on the iFit are way up. Today I did 7.13 miles in 36:17. It is an elliptical machine so it is NOT the same as road work. But, with my knees and shin splint issues it is really good for me. Plus, its as cold as FFFFFFFFF outside at the moment!

14/10 is still good. Upping your protein intake will also help (it’s more satiating). Make sure you drink a lot of water and are not dehydrated.

had to stop the fasting for a bit. I got sick (not the rona) and it was a chest congestion thing. I tried to work out and would find myself wheezing and not able to complete.

Unfortunately, at my age, I have to stop now and wait until I am better.

I am a guy who obsesses over numbers. Not an accountant, but I will challenge myself every chance I get.

I went 1 mile yesterday? Today, it HAS to be 2! and so forth.

I have burnt up 2 fitbits and I think it is because on my wrist the sweat shorts out the connectors. Finally got a new one on Monday evening. This one has a clip that goes on my sock. So, I now know the numbers are accurate AND its away from my sweaty arms LOL!

Screenshot_20210518-163526.png

Back on the 16:8 fast. Really working better since my wife is doing it with me.

Doing a diet/exercise routine called E2M. At the end of the first two weeks I am down 21lbs. I'd say that was incredible but some people are in the 30s!

No sugar, no bread, no alcohol, etc. You get a cheat meal per week of whatever you want.

Last week I had a hamburger, hot dog, chips, and a pint of vodka lol

Didn't gain an ounce!!

I feel better, clothes are loose, and my energy is through the roof.

Reactions: Om

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.