• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Physical Fitness/Training Thread

I think it'd be a lot easier if f I could get the whole family doing it as well. They'd revolt if i go to almond milk. I've tried it before, I think they milked rats for it.

The oats & berries portion though is actually good. I'd say my BIGGEST problem at the moment is carbs, as in breads like noodles, rolls, biscuits etc

Especially naan bread, straight addict when that's presented to me.

Pfft, as much snow as I have shoveled in the last week, who needs a workout regimen. I lost 12 pounds already!

Yeah shoveling will definitely burn some calories alright.

I tried something different last night. Got this channel that's all heavy metal music that nudges in some trivia with each band. Anyways I set the timer for 1/2 hr and adjusted the workout to songs. Badically like one whole song was shadow boxing, the next was squats, shadow boxing, lunges etc

Ok the music helps fire you up but damn most metal songs are like 5 minutes or more. I'm sore as hell today too

Edit: Oh and Iron Maiden flies around in Ed Force 1, piloted by Bruce Dickinson!

if you treat it like a diet it will be a restriction and you will learn to resent it. if you think of it as a lifestyle change you can get used to it.

Which is why Mike does Zumba for his exercise. Zumba is easily perceived as entertainment, rather than a chore, making one more likely to be motivated to do their Zumba.

What Mike Sr may look like, during his Zumba routine.

Trying all veggie dinners for a while. This week is carrots and celery sticks. Quit energy drinks and feel an amazing immediate change in pants loosening up as well as sleeping better.

I gotta get going again. I have been on an exercise hiatus since taking an all-consuming job 2 months ago.

I gotta get going again. I have been on an exercise hiatus since taking an all-consuming job 2 months ago.

It's tough getting out of a rut, I've been in one too but starting to eat better.

Raise your hand if you need to drink a bunch more high quality H2O throughout the day? I sure do

Started taking a combat training class at the Y. Apparently, and I'm not making this up, the instructor volunteers because he likes to torture people. It's a 6am class for 45 minutes of hell. We did arms today, and I had trouble washing my hair in the shower this morning. I'm actually afraid of what tomorrow will feel like.

Me. Trying to lose the last bit I need to. Not actually sure it's worth it though.

:)

Welp, I tried getting back to Tae Kwon Do after about a six-month break. Survived the first class and a few days later my back went out. It been a bad one. Bad. I literally couldn't walk for an entire week, and then the next week could only hobble around like an old man. The third week I could move around ok, but it still hurt. I tried a 2-mile walk during Week Three and that was ... a bad idea. It is now Week Four and I just tried another two mile walk. The back is still sore but not as bad as last week. We'll see.

I am hopeful to get back to running soon. Maybe next week. But TKD, I think ... I think I'm done. It's a young man's sport. My flexibility has gotten considerably worse over the past year (another reason why I hadn't been going much). And if you can't kick you can't do TKD.

Still, I refuse to turn into an Old Man just yet. There's a boxing club down the street I've been eyeing for a few years. I think I might actually walk in and pick up a flyer.

Whenever my back finally loosens up ...

Welp, I tried getting back to Tae Kwon Do after about a six-month break. Survived the first class and a few days later my back went out. It been a bad one. Bad. I literally couldn't walk for an entire week, and then the next week could only hobble around like an old man. The third week I could move around ok, but it still hurt. I tried a 2-mile walk during Week Three and that was ... a bad idea. It is now Week Four and I just tried another two mile walk. The back is still sore but not as bad as last week. We'll see.

I am hopeful to get back to running soon. Maybe next week. But TKD, I think ... I think I'm done. It's a young man's sport. My flexibility has gotten considerably worse over the past year (another reason why I hadn't been going much). And if you can't kick you can't do TKD.

Still, I refuse to turn into an Old Man just yet. There's a boxing club down the street I've been eyeing for a few years. I think I might actually walk in and pick up a flyer.

Whenever my back finally loosens up ...

Man, I sure can empathize, honestly, all you are expressing here is a major reason why I went away from BJJ and Muay Thai and into KUng Fu. Southern shaolin styles have less emphasis on high kicks and go more with below the waist stuff and a lot of close in work.

I know I will likely never break boards with kicks nor knock out someone with a sweet axe kick ever again, but I can still get my martial juices flowing with the new art.

I really hope you get to feeling better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.