• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Philip Thomas

fansince62

Heard the young man interviewed on the radio yesterday. Haven't seen him in action. that said...mark my words...this one is gonna be a keeper. Very bright. played in the same scheme we run. Ball hawk. knows exactly what he needs to do.

again, haven't seen him play....but I'm already thinking: home run!!!

He and Rambo are both interchangeable, yes.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That seems to be the indication. We won't really know until these guys see game action against NFL talent. In my opinion, Amerson will be a stud at CB for us.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

So, I assume this means Amerson will stick to CB, since there was discussion of moving him to safety, but we seemed to be stocked at safety now.

I saw a Tweet the day he was drafted that said he never discussed playing anything but CB with the staff. I think he will be CB for sure

yea...I can see him starting off in nickel/dime pkgs. hard to envision him as a starting CB agnst the Iggles. Wilson/Hall would be my bet for continuity. Change wuld likely come later in the season.

Depending on certain packages you "could" see a lot of Amerson early on, especially in long yardage situations. I can't remember which article it was but it mentioned Josh Wilson will be seeing a lot more time playing the slot man which would free up Amerson to play the off-coverage he seems to be better at right now. That would give Haslett the freedom to bring Merriweather or Thomas on the blitz or have them both drop and blitz a CB.

Having some of the starters returning from injury might allow the luxury of seeing more of Amerson and Thomas early, possibly even against Philly.

amerson is bigtime boom or big time bust, he has all the measurables, but the question is can he learn how to play? hes got ball skills, but he gambles way to much. I am hoping like hell he booms, but for some reason I feel like hes gonna bust. I was really not a fan of this draft

amerson is bigtime boom or big time bust, he has all the measurables, but the question is can he learn how to play? hes got ball skills, but he gambles way to much. I am hoping like hell he booms, but for some reason I feel like hes gonna bust. I was really not a fan of this draft

The question with Amerson is which year showed the real corner? He himself said that he played badly last year and took too many chances. Was that too compensate for a week team or really trying to show off to enhance his draft status, or was it something that offensive coordinators identified and exploited.

From what I read, the 2011 Amerson was more disciplined and a better player all the while picking 13 balls. His aggressiveness should be able to be tamed a bit and coached out of him. So, I have high hopes.

What I'd like to see is Amerson as a nickle this year and then in 2014 we keep the best of Hall or Wilson and slide Amerson over as the starter. Amerson just has to earn it.

The question with Amerson is which year showed the real corner? He himself said that he played badly last year and took too many chances. Was that too compensate for a week team or really trying to show off to enhance his draft status, or was it something that offensive coordinators identified and exploited.

From what I read, the 2011 Amerson was more disciplined and a better player all the while picking 13 balls. His aggressiveness should be able to be tamed a bit and coached out of him. So, I have high hopes.

What I'd like to see is Amerson as a nickle this year and then in 2014 we keep the best of Hall or Wilson and slide Amerson over as the starter. Amerson just has to earn it.

Hi Burgold, good to see you here. It's been a while.

I find myself in the same mindset. Personally, I think he is somewhere between his 2011 greatness and his 2012 disaster. When he explained how he was too interested in just picks last season, that resonated with me as a young man who quite possibly has learned from his mistakes. Hoping he has!

What I'd like to see is Amerson as a nickle this year and then in 2014 we keep the best of Hall or Wilson and slide Amerson over as the starter.
You aim too low, my friend.

What I'd like to see, is Amerson come in and be so good he starts game one!

What I expect to see is, barring injury, situational spot play.

But, like Ryman, I got the bad feeling this kid is destined to be a bust.

I certainly hope I'm wrong.

You aim too low, my friend.

What I'd like to see, is Amerson come in and be so good he starts game one!

What I expect to see is, barring injury, situational spot play.

But, like Ryman, I got the bad feeling this kid is destined to be a bust.

I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for the greeting, SS.
I've always been an optimistic realist, Ax. To be honest, I'm a bit more excited about Thomas and Rambo just because I'd been hearing their names all offseason on the boards and then we got to them. Good value draftwise and a big, big need. With better safety play, and the return of Orakpo and others to apply pressure, our corners will all look better.

Last edited:
Not really sure why folks think Amerson is going to bust - at worst, he'll be solid but unspectacular. More likely, he'll be like DeAngelo has been - very good at times, burned at other times. But, let's be honest - in today's NFL, the "shutdown corner" no longer exists. The best you can hope for is a guy who can get you a lot of turnovers, and make a big play every once in awhile. Amerson will excel at this. His play last year was him self-admittedly "trying to do too much." Look at his play in 2011 if you want an indication of how good this kid is.

the guy is gonna have Raheem Morris coaching him up. he'll do just fine if he is dedicated to his craft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.