PFT: Redskins cut Shayne Graham; Graham Gano wins kicking competition

One of many experimental iterations ...

BGO

The Redskins attempted five field goals in their preseason opener against the Steelers. Graham Gano went 3-for-3. Shayne Graham went 0-for-2. And with that, the Redskins’ kicking competition is over. Shayne Graham has been released, Adam Caplan is reporting. Graham missed wide left from 29 yards and wide right from 49 yards against the Steelers,…

More...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Can't say this is surprising. I'd question doing it after one awful game (as all kickers will have one occasionally). Have to think they've had enough concern watching him in camp that the pre-season opener just cemented it.

I'm not sure the kicking competition is 'over'. We may see another kicker brought in to challenge Gano yet.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

So much for that Graham. I think Graham (the Gano one) will have a good year. Bring in Charley Gogolak for the fun of it. :)

Jugband McGillicuddy

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Army Marshall

I'm not sure I have a massive amount of confidence in Gano. But that's better than the zero confidence I would have had in Graham.

And Boone, I'd like to see one more guy brought in and given a shot too. If Gano wins that, then I think we'll be in good shape.

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

keep bringing in NTs!!!!! I like cofield...but he has even more value at the edge.

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Graham never looked like an NFL kicker for the Redskins, from the time he came in during camp. It's really a mystery how a guy that kicked under pressure in the playoffs in January couldn't come in here and give a decent representation of himself. No hint of injury, just a shrug after the Steelers game that his time here may be limited.

Strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0