• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Preseason Power Rankings No. 24: Washington Redskins

One of many experimental iterations ...

BGO

There’s talk about change in Washington coming from every direction these days and only some of it is coming from talking heads on cable news debating the election. The rest of it is coming from those excited about Robert Griffin III’s arrival in town. The Redskins have been looking for a franchise quarterback for a…

More...

Neophyte

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

I could care less about the ranking itself, it is this bums analysis that I take exception too. One has to wonder if he was watching the same games as the rest of us with some of his commentary.

CounterTrey

The Team Captain
Reaction score

Heh Florio predicted we'd make the SB two years ago, so his prognosticating might be the worst of any major site. If he thinks we're going to suck it makes me happy.

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

I could care less about the ranking itself, it is this bums analysis that I take exception too. One has to wonder if he was watching the same games as the rest of us with some of his commentary.
Neo, I'm definitely not a fan of Florio, but I thought that this piece was surprisingly good.

He may have been a little too harsh on our D-line, but other than that? I was really expecting more of a hit piece.

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I thought it was fair as well. Only thing I'd really quibble with was the idea that Landry departing was a big loss. It wasn't.

Beans

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Florio is just some guy that got rich aggregating NFL news (i.e. borderline plagiarism). The only reason to visit his site is laziness. If anything relevant happens in the world of NFL it will be posted. His analysis is worth about as much as any ole' schlub's off da screets.

But I am of the mindset that most sports analysis is BS anyways. It's obvious to pick winners based on past success, everything else is a crapshoot. Power rankings are as useful as a poopy diaper.

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

PFT: Preseason Power Rankings No. 24: Washington Redskins
This has to rank up there near the top, when it comes to "Most Meaningless Stats Ever"........especially at this time of year.

Sports writers are just grasping at straws for something to write about, just to make money, with no regard to substance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users